Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Natman AL cab internals - please help identify what this is and coin mech assistance

iroczvinnie

Question

Hi All

I recently picked up my first cabinet which is a CRT vertical with JAMMA harness - 2 player 3 button each. At the moment it has as a 60 in one, but my questions are for assistance on the cabinet hardware. Let me know if this should be in the xxxx-1 multi board area.

1. There is a red button inside the cabinet to the right of a silver volume stalk (3rd pic) which is on the same frame as the volume stalk. I don't know what it is, and I don't want to push it as I have no idea what it does! Apologies for the pic. Let me know if more pics are neede

Can anyone tell me what it is/does?

2. The cabinet has an ms111 coin mech, but I don't know if it is dead or just needs adjusting. I've tried 20c pieces and $1 coins, but they just roll through. Is there a way to test the mechanism? I have set the gameboard to coin (off freeplay) just in case it was wanting some kind of input but this didn't help

Any help is appreciated!

20190128_140243.jpg

20190128_140325.jpg

20190128_140407.jpg

9 answers to this question

20190202_164740.jpg20190202_164650.jpg

Ok, tested for voltage at the plug to the coin mech - has 12 volts. I think the coin mech is no longer working.

Does anyone know where I can get a direct replacement that can use the same face plate? There's plenty of the ebay variety but the all seem too small in size. A used one in working order would be fine.

The coin mech is clipped in via the orange tabs to the face plate. The coin rolls along the face plate and drops down into the coin mech which is top loading. Also there should be a 12V lamp does this light?

Also check the wiring of the plug and socket to the coin mech to see if it matches and also check that the wires are connected to the credit PCB and there is power measured at the credit PCB.

I also noticed that the Highway coin mech that was linked is not programmed for AUD, not sure how easy that can be reprogrammed.

PS. On a minor note could you edit the title of this thread as its Natmar not Natman, that way if people search for it it can be found.

Edited by Ryan555
Changed info

Thanks Ryan and Kaizen, appreciate the explanation. I'll ask them if they can program first before I buy it. I'm leaning towards they can't as they have some finish coined mechs that they're selling off cheap.

Do you know of any other coin mechs that fit the same faceplate? Thinking to avoid the reprograming issue.

There are similar Mars coin mechs that will fit but I think the pinout to the credit board is different. There are MS100 and MS126 at Highway but again not for Aus

https://www.highway.net.au/arcade-parts/coin-mechanisms/ms100-coin-mech-top/11435-1.html

https://www.highway.net.au/arcade-parts/coin-mechanisms/mars-ms126-electronic/5709-1.html Good price