Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cruis’n USA keeps resetting

allsportdvd.com

Question

Hi all

My Cruis’n USA keeps resetting on boot up, goes through the rom check, tries to load the game and then resets and the process starts again.

Initially I thought it was a power supply problem but adjusting the voltage doesn’t seem to make a difference

I did change the battery only a few months ago, is that possibly the problem? It’s only a button type battery.

Anyone with arcade knowledge would be a help, this is my only arcade machine so I’m not overly knowledgeable

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

1 answer to this question

Hi, great game. Just watched the TNT video. Hes' a funny fella. :)

Shame yours is wigging out on you. :(

Good start checking the power supply. It's quite possible that your power supply although showing good voltages on your meter is no longer putting out the amps needed. I'd start there with a new power supply. Careful when you connect it up. If you're not sure, get someone who does know as you could over voltage the PCB.

The next thing I think that could be causing the problem is RAM. The game resets because it has a watch dog circuit. When the code doesn't run right, it kicks in and resets over and over. If they are socketted RAM. It could be worth trying to put new ones in. Failing those efforts, it will be something more difficult to find, a failed TTL somewhere on the PCB. You'll need to send it to someone to fix. Like me. ha. I'm in Melbourne though.

Just a few ideas. Good luck!