Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Retrobrite

Even though Retrobriting is associated with consoles in general. I thought Id show my success with toolboxes - (mods feel free to move)

Tanos make "Systainers" and are part of Festool tools where your tools are stored in these plastic boxes.

Grossly overpriced (Systainer 3 is $119 - yes thats just for the box!) but once you have a few it becomes an addiction and the bonus is that everything is sorted.

At the end of last year I picked up 5 old style systainers (old type with 4 latches, for $10 each - bargain. They were grubby and faded but put good use to them straight away.

Fast forward to this week and the OCD got to me looking at them next to my pristine Festool Systainers, so I got my daughter to pick up some Colour Royale Creme Peroxide 40 1l.

Gave them a clean with Daisio Magic eraser & Steel Wool 000 (I use this stuff for cleaning glass).And wrapped it in Gladwrap.

The Safety Equipment systainer was the best of the bunch and I was going to leave it but after stacking it with the "new" ones I will do that tomorrow

Pretty stoked with the result. Only left them in the sun for 1 hour. Ill redo 1 and 2 more tomorrow> due to the nature of the toolboxes (not like consoles) Im not worries about bits missed etc etc.

Original.thumb.jpg.0c6bb899c0967df88ac8a20126cef2e8.jpg

original2.thumb.jpg.119ab0d5df703cb8365cb5b6ecc2964d.jpgDone1.thumb.jpg.fbf7aaa0ca3fdf7b58d6fd70bbfaa11b.jpgDone2.thumb.jpg.ecf9ca296ff7490c6867a4759b0835bb.jpg