Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Celts - Haggis Pinball

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Looks good, simple clean layout. Similar to Breakshot in it's modern take on simplicity. Fantastic effort and great attitude to see you put your own money where your mouth is to complete this game. I hope it all works out well for you in future sales.

I love this guys enthusiasm its really cool watching his videos.

I'm looking forward to the main machine they are working on rather than this one. The Swords of Fury style soundtrack sounded great. This one doesn't do anything for me personally, but 10/10 for getting it up in such a short time. Great effort! Sort of reminds me of Asterix and Obelix?

I am really keen to see a gameplay video, I can't find anything released yet. SDTM said they were going to release gameplay from the expo, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

The whole game and art package looks fantastic and I really like the look of the simple, but fast gameplay.

Edited by namastepat

I am really keen to see a gameplay video, I can't find anything released yet. STDM said they were going to release gameplay from the expo, but I haven't seen it anywhere.

The whole game and art package looks fantastic and I really like the look of the simple, but fast gameplay.

it will be streamed by Melbourne silverball during Flipout this weekend

Some pics from the weekend.

Verdict is the game has a lot of potential. Code so far shows promise - just needs refining for lighting of the shots and score balancing. Not a ton of shots to shoot for, but the ones there are nice. Custom options and more cheesy call outs will make this game fun especially at home.

2954f350f08557d1b80e42bf76b022be.jpg95f0ad5c30e3504253af877ad222cc36.jpg075d2237e916a4681fed63c61c8cb18a.jpgcd30d8c27136c995db04837f873fbe4c.jpg

Ps I’m ordering one so I’ll let you know more when it arrives - probably early next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed playing Celts, they've done a great job.

The screen was lagging a bit I noticed but probably just needs a boosted PC. I found the match bagpipes music a bit grating after a while. There's probably a few tweaks they can do but the layout is nice and code seems pretty good at this early stage.

As opposed to the other Australian made machine there it brought a smile to my face (but I do thank the provider of that machine for giving me and my son a chance to experience it).

Some pics from the weekend.

Verdict is the game has a lot of potential. Code so far shows promise - just needs refining for lighting of the shots and score balancing. Not a ton of shots to shoot for, but the ones there are nice. Custom options and more cheesy call outs will make this game fun especially at home.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/2954f350f08557d1b80e42bf76b022be.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/95f0ad5c30e3504253af877ad222cc36.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/075d2237e916a4681fed63c61c8cb18a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191027/cd30d8c27136c995db04837f873fbe4c.jpg

Ps I’m ordering one so I’ll let you know more when it arrives - probably early next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered one as well Great Job

• 4 weeks later...

Very informative set of YouTube clips but I noticed a few improvements he may like to incorporate into the design. The headbox venting should be as high in the back box as possible. The higher the vents, the more air will be drawn through the cab aiding in cooling. Ideally, you would have the venting in the top surface but this isn't practical because liquids can spill inside the box. The trade off is the back but as high in the back as possible. You want no hot air pocket to trap at the top of the box as the hot air pocket reduces the upper vents ability to extract the hot air by disrupting the natural air path . The lower cabinet vents will dictate the size of the upper cabinet vents required. You need around half the lower vent capacity compared to the upper vents because air when heated expands. You make the lower vents to large in comparison to the upper vents and you slow down the velocity of the moving air within the cabinet. You need as high as possible air velocity to cool the parts the most efficiently.

The bolts... If you use flange nuts, you don't need lock washers. Preferably use metric threads or imperial UNF threads as these two threads aren't effected by vibration undoing them. No need to Loktite as Loktite isn't such a great idea on smaller diameter bolts. If you must use some kind of nut locking liquid on small diameter bolts, Nail polish.

you can follow along building of the games at Haggis HQ on youtube and facebook. Poor man is working hard down there!

man that table has some shakes! surely that is adding resonating/ringing artifacts to all your prints.

as for first layer i use this technique

alcohol + glue stick = no residue on bottom of prints.

• 1 month later...