Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Punisher bootleg audio issue

Andyj965

Question

24 answers to this question

Punisher bootleg audio issue

Hi All,

I have a punisher bootleg pcb that puts out random noise rather than actual game audio. Looking at the pcb it seems like two capacitors are missing from the audio section. I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction for what the capacitors should be.

Thanks,

Andy56400361f12161f208bf34c90801eb35.jpge6efe115c6ddb2b45573bd1504f87c7e.jpgc7b8cd1c5ce4832d62fdd8bcf1bf8d0b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

is c7 suppose to be missing i wonder?
It might be. Until the u12 issue was pointed out I was focusing on the missing capacitors. I'm sending a pm to a guy on klov that has a very similar punisher bootleg to confirm what chip goes there.

It doesn't look like those caps were ever there, not unusual for a bootleg board to trim parts to save cost. Looks like the flow solder just filled the empty holes, no sign of any leg stumps.

I'd probably be looking at what that empty 8 pin socket is for, looks like you could be missing a DAC, or an op-amp IC. Hard to tell without being about to see the solder side track layout.

It doesn't look like those caps were ever there, not unusual for a bootleg board to trim parts to save cost. Looks like the flow solder just filled the empty holes, no sign of any leg stumps.

I'd probably be looking at what that empty 8 pin socket is for, looks like you could be missing a DAC, or an op-amp IC. Hard to tell without being about to see the solder side track layout.

Thanks Womble. We were just trying to work out what should go there. I have a pcb identification thread I've asked to get merged. The socket is actually damaged so that may be why it's missing. 0c8789f790f0accd7a0f72d3b57736e6.jpg

Looks like the socket at U12 has the chip number printed on the board underneath, can you see what it says?
Thanks. You've got good eyes. It looks like 93c4 but I'll have to remove the socket to confirmfe4c97c342380fccdd9e517b95fda65f.jpg