Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Adjusting leaf switches.

punkin

Hi all, i know this is a really basic one for you guys, but the left slingshot with the axe in it on my Hobbit has started firing over and over.

I assume that it's a leaf switch in there somewhere that i can adjust but i don't know what they look like and while i'm aware that people just bend one of the tabs to adjust i have never done it before.

Is there a guide or a youtube vid somewhere that show which leaf to bend, how to access the things and what tools i need or process to use to adjust?

Breaking me not having it to play last night after a ripper of a day practicing on it.

Thanks mate, just pulled it to bits half an hour ago and can see how to bend the leaf switches for the slings, but the axe thing operates from what i assume is a coil?

I don't know what switches it yet but will RTFM for a while and see what i can do without having my hand held. Just all new to me and a bit scary.

Edit; a good, hard look showed me that while the swiches rest on the rubber the slingshot is actuated by the arm that swings the ax. So if the swich adjustment doesn't fix it, i assume that the coil needs to be pulled and cleaned inside?

The slingshot coil and "the axe thing" are actuated by the switches either side of it. These switches are wired in parallel so you need to check both have the right gap.

They will be pushed closer by the slingshot rubber so you are better off doing the adjustments when they are installed

Adjusting leaf switches.

Hi all, i know this is a really basic one for you guys, but the left slingshot with the axe in it on my Hobbit has started firing over and over.

I assume that it's a leaf switch in there somewhere that i can adjust but i don't know what they look like and while i'm aware that people just bend one of the tabs to adjust i have never done it before.

Is there a guide or a youtube vid somewhere that show which leaf to bend, how to access the things and what tools i need or process to use to adjust?

Breaking me not having it to play last night after a ripper of a day practicing on it.

What you are getting is the rubber rebound triggering the next switch activation.

Hobbit is fairly unique with those huge axes attached. What can happen is that on switch activation the sling mech goes forward pushes the rubber out and comes back in. As the axe is higher than the sling plastics it can rebound back off the plastic (you’ll be able to see a ding where it hits the plastic near Thorins head) and touches the rubber again possibly reactivating the switch again if it’s too sensitive.

There should be a 2-3mm gap between it and the rubber when at rest.

ada966e9b90d36d18afd655a29c0224c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Koops, love the help on this site.

Ordered the first mod for the machine yesterday and it's on it's way already;

https://www.pinballshooterrods.com/product-page/custom-shooter-rod-for-pinball-machines-like-lord-of-the-rings

Wish the guy making the gold ring buttons was still doing them. Missed the last ones by a day.