Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

battery leak in my neo geo pocket :O

I had some duracells in my NGP. I love the NGP although I tend to play it only on flights overseas. So these batteries I'm pretty sure were new this time last year. This year was to Bali. While I could tell you how good the holiday was, maybe the highlight for me was clocking SNK Vs Capcom- Millenium Fighters on the way there :D

Anyway, the batteries have leaked and in fact expanded, causing some corrosion. I managed to get it going on the plane on the way home which led me to going further in Metal Slug: Second Mission than I ever have before :D

There is a question here. And that is, are there any types of batteries that are resistant to these problems? Or should I just leave the batteries out? Whats the science here? Is it that while in there because they are connected to wiring (even though the switch is off) the longer conductor somehow is more likely to cause electrolosis? I remember that when I was an auto sparky, there was really no rhyme or reason for some lead acid batteries to have an electrosis problem. I think the last set of batteries in the NGP ddn't have a problem but I don't remember what brand/type they were...

On the plus side I thought I'd have a look at prices for my small collection of NGP games. Damn, everything has gone up a lot since I got it! One in particular I can't find much info on- english language version of Fasselei, but there isn't much info other than complete ones go for a pretty penny...