Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RTBB Update June 2019

State
    NSW Newcastle Area
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Going to throw in an order today, finally getting around to restoring/servicing my T2 playfield -

I'm getting all the basics sorted first - rubbers, star posts, any stripped screws, novus on the playfield and plastics, the plastic glass slide accepting bit needs replacing and so do screws and nuts.

After that I'd like some help with LED's, but i haven't really had the time to research enough and that area seems so subjective. I'm not trying to turn the machine into something that is bright as hell distracting away from its original feel - but at the same time a bit of a freshen up (and not changing blown globes) appeals to me.

Site looks good and I'm always happy to support sponsors of this site.

Cheers,
    Snippy.

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1004 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snippy View Post
    Going to throw in an order today, finally getting around to restoring/servicing my T2 playfield -

I'm getting all the basics sorted first - rubbers, star posts, any stripped screws, novus on the playfield and plastics, the plastic glass slide accepting bit needs replacing and so do screws and nuts.

After that I'd like some help with LED's, but i haven't really had the time to research enough and that area seems so subjective. I'm not trying to turn the machine into something that is bright as hell distracting away from its original feel - but at the same time a bit of a freshen up (and not changing blown globes) appeals to me.

Site looks good and I'm always happy to support sponsors of this site.

Cheers,
    Snippy.
    You had a look at the new cpr mirrored glass back box artwork. Instead of a translite, it's glass. Looks good but could be pricey

State
    NSW Newcastle Area
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I did a bit of a google and had a look at it, looks pretty cool.

My T2 is an honest old sited pin I'd say, over the years i've owned it which I'd guess would be around 10 (would need to go search my other AA posts dates hah). Back when I got it I was already stretching the toy budget so really all I did from memory was had Ken (Skybeaux) rework the boards/electrics because it would power off and/or fkn electric shock me a lot down the side rails (also large blue sparks were seen often from flipper button) - he did comment at the time that it's lucky someone hadn't been hurt. I also soldered a new component onto the cannon board to get that running, removed the mylar and gave the playfield a good polish - then just played the hell out of it.

I hadn't used it in a while and noticed a flipper rubber was snapped, from there I had a good look and saw the extent of the deterioration from plenty of cracked star posts, worn rubbers, stripped screw heads (from previous owner) and figured it's time to breath some new life into it.

So far I've just got rubbers and new balls. I've ordered from RTBB the star posts, various nuts/screws, new balls, new red lane guides for up the top and the glass channel and am making my way from the lower playfield upwards polishing plastics and metal items, removing all the screws that are fkd and so on. Next I'll get some led's, maybe clean up the coin door and legs and work around to give it a general tidy up.

I really appreciate being able to jump on and order parts in Australia so easily.

State
    NSW Newcastle Area
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Order #2 just went in fellas..

Hoping first order will turn up soon - generally speaking what's the turn around time like for an order making it up to the Newcastle area ?

#11941 was the first and #11973 is the one I just placed.

Cheers.

State
    Newcastle
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I usually order on sundays ,it sometimes arrives wednesday but mainly thursday .
    PSPA - usually thursday but sometimes friday.

State
    Newcastle Australia
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1955 Post(s)
    Been following all the updates on Facebook.
    Yet to look at the site recently but did go look when it first changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information