Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Monitor testing

Austwide

Question

Hi

I have an old Olympic Pokie that I brought to Mame but as usual I like to see if it can be fixed first. Reading archives on here and the net it looks highly unlikely.

First thing is to see if I can get some video happening to see the fault list.

When I turn it on I get the display of vertical lines in the first pic. (Sorry pic has rotated 90 deg and I can't turn it back)

I don't know if it is a monitor fault or a video output fault.

The monitor is a RGBs (Red Green Blue Sync Earth), so to test this, I plugged it to a 60 in 1 card to provide a RGBs signal in to the monitor..

I get the second pic.(Sorry again pic has rotated 90 deg and I can't turn it back)

Should that have worked?

I didn't use screened cables and the 60 in 1 was supplied through an old computer power supply. The Screen was powered through the Pokie power supply as it has special plugs and I think is 110Vac (didn't check yet but on drawings). I was hoping to see some image, maybe not great due to the rough connections but something.

If I connect only one RGB signal at a time I get the similar image in that color only as expected.

If the images were the same from either source, then I would say the monitor is U/S or if the 60 in 1 worked the video out is U/S.

It would be great if anyone could tell me what the images are caused by and push me in the right direction

Cheers

Andy

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

5 answers to this question

Can you get to the adjustment pots on the monitor chassis? That could simply be a vertical and horizontal hold issue. It might be something worse, but the first step would be to try adjusting the holds to see if you get a stable image.

Are you sure the monitor is 15khz? A lot of pokie monitors were 31khz, depending on the age of the pokie. If you post a good picture of the monitor chassis, someone will be able to ID it.

Thanks to you 3 guys the screen now shows the 60 in 1 output. Did need setting to 15kHz. Thankyou.

While that's good news it now means unless there is a dip switch on the Pokie board set wrong or a wiring problem between the board and the monitor, the Pokie video out is U/S and the machine is not repairable.

There is a multi Dip switch but no idea if it even has anything to do with this, any suggestion would be welcomed.

I will check the wiring over the weekend.

If anyone knows something else to try, please let me know.