Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hi

Hello all

I am new to this community. Just wanted to start my first post; does anybody know if the second wave of Arcade 1up cabinets (Final Fight, Mortal Kombat, etc.) will be coming in to Australia?

They seem to be going out on clearance everywhere at Walmart in the US. I know Aldi and EB games got the first wave of crappy titles last year but am really wanting the new lot.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Brad

Nah, they won't sell well simply because the cabinet quality of the originals was crap. Street Fighter 2 was one of the most popular arcade games of the 90s and even heavily discounted ones at Aldi didn't sell.

Word got around that the control panel art wears off, the build quality was fairly shoddy and they just weren't that great. There are so many of them on Gumtree now.

I doubt they will sell them here with the amount that didnt sell in the last lot

They couldn't give them away

Save your money and build one

Well I have no idea on how to make my own. Where can I get one?

Well I have no idea on how to make my own. Where can I get one?

Research - Like buying a car

Look on Gumtree , feebay facebook etc

See whats out there , what they come with,( Mame, multiboard, Rpie etc)

Compare costs and work out what games you are into

No point buying a cab with 10,000 games when you only want to play a handfull

• 2 weeks later...
Research - Like buying a car

Look on Gumtree , feebay facebook etc

See whats out there , what they come with,( Mame, multiboard, Rpie etc)

Compare costs and work out what games you are into

No point buying a cab with 10,000 games when you only want to play a handfull

The more games and platforms the better IMO. I’ve got a massive hard disk in a old-school cab and it keeps the interest long term for me. There’s always a new game to explore, and if I want a game with a more of a long play narrative I can play say something on a console like the GameCube, and I’ve got Mame for a quick game or to beat my high score. You also want games you can play simultaneous two player with mates and kids in a social setting, so steer clear of tabletops and go for a 2 player upright. I think if I had just got a 60 in one board, I would have got bored ages ago and the cab would be gathering dust.

Hi Ball, the Final Fight one is a Wallmart exclusive. I'm also in the same boat and really want one, I also really want the Marvel Super Heroes one announced this week at e3. With the new 4 player TMNT also announced maybe a retailer will pick them up.

If you find out how to get one let me know. But without knowing someone in America who can go to Wallmart and send it here without getting damaged I think it will be hard.

The more games and platforms the better IMO. I’ve got a massive hard disk in a old-school cab and it keeps the interest long term for me. There’s always a new game to explore, and if I want a game with a more of a long play narrative I can play say something on a console like the GameCube, and I’ve got Mame for a quick game or to beat my high score. You also want games you can play simultaneous two player with mates and kids in a social setting, so steer clear of tabletops and go for a 2 player upright. I think if I had just got a 60 in one board, I would have got bored ages ago and the cab would be gathering dust.

I found the opposite; a single game I love in a cab I love keeps me playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade