Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Headphone set recommendation needed

• Administrators

Guys, I need a recommendation for a decent headphone set for airline travel. Looking to spend $100-150 and would like something reasonably robust for use in carryon luggage.

I should add that I will probably go with a wired set, and probably over ear.

Ideas appreciated,

Dave

My bud phones are Sennheiser, but my over ears are Sol Republic. If you go into a JBHiFi you should be able to test drive a whole range of different ones (or at least you could a couple years ago when i bought mine).

I just bought a pair of Sennheiser HD 4.30G Over-Ear Headphones at JB-HIFI yesterday as they reduced the price from $179 to $79.

They seem to have a lot more bass than my previous reject shop headphones, and they seal very well around the ears and block out a decent amount of external sound.

They fold up fairly small as most over-ears do these days, but they don't come with a hard case. If you're going to be travelling with them maybe go for a model with a hard case or get an aftermarket case off of eBay afterwards.

I have to say i find the buds to be much easier to carry around on planes and in luggage etc, but i have taken to minimising my travel stuff. The sound is not as good but still just fine for listening to music or watching a movie and whole lot more comfy than the airplane standards.

$100+ ones have much better sound than sub $90 ones.

if you can stretch your budget to under $200 I would highly recommend the audio technica ath-m50x. Find them better than my wifes $400 Sennheisers

If not, even the 30x are a great set of headphones.

the 50x and 30x fold right up too, awesome for travel.

Also, they are very comfortable for people with large heads..... ;)

Just picked up a set of Sony wh 1000x m3 from a shop sale at good guys for 290. Made my flight to Melbourne last week so peaceful! The noise cancelling and simple gesture controls are amazing. Battery life they say 30hrs but I've only tried it for about 8 so far before charging. What an amazing piece of kit.

For flying I would highly recommend getting noise cancelling. So much better. I got a set of jbl everest noise cancelling ones and have been very happy. Comfortable and sound fine and minimal background noise. Got them from jb hi fi on sale for just over 200 from memory.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

• Administrators
These would look great on you furbs ! :p

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=148954

Probably the best value atm

Bargain !

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=148955

Haha, yeah bugger it, anyone who does not like the pink on me can be a brave little soldier and speak up if they are game :)

The Sennheisers are looking OK so far. They seem hard to beat for the price and based on my pretty non-demanding requirements I think they will do the job.

Haha, yeah bugger it, anyone who does not like the pink on me can be a brave little soldier and speak up if they are game :)

The Sennheisers are looking OK so far. They seem hard to beat for the price and based on my pretty non-demanding requirements I think they will do the job.

Good guys stock them too so can try their lowest price speil too and price match then reduce if not far. My jb is 200m from gg so i weigh them up against each other lol

Wasn't your Xmas floral shirt in Pink at your wiki bar?

• Administrators
Wasn't your Xmas floral shirt in Pink at your wiki bar?

Hell yes, covered in pink flamingos and very stylish. It is my party shirt, hand made by Mrs Furbs.

(& it was a TIKI bar).

Dave

• Administrators
if you can stretch your budget to under $200 I would highly recommend the audio technica ath-m50x. Find them better than my wifes $400 Sennheisers

If not, even the 30x are a great set of headphones.

the 50x and 30x fold right up too, awesome for travel.

Also, they are very comfortable for people with large heads..... ;)

The big head comment sold me. I picked up a set of the 50x from JB Hifi today at 40% off and only paid $150.

All the advice appreciated guys, thanks.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Another vote for the ATH-M50x @bwodie Sweet cans!

Thanks Bro.

The big head comment sold me. I picked up a set of the 50x from JB Hifi today at 40% off and only paid $150.

All the advice appreciated guys, thanks.

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Bro.

$150 is insane value for how good those headphones are, well done mate. And hope you enjoy the comfort factor on your melon! Strange what internet friends know about each other haha

I have some Bose QC 35's been used only on flights, maybe 4-5 flights, one of those flights to LA. Just simply awesome headphones. Might sell em ? and upgrade to the Bose Bluetooth QC 35's.

I have some Bose QC 35's been used only on flights, maybe 4-5 flights, one of those flights to LA. Just simply awesome headphones. Might sell em ? and upgrade to the Bose Bluetooth QC 35's.

I just got a pair of the Bose QC 35 II. My only complaint is that if I'm using them in the office, they cut out so much of the background crap that taking them off is like getting punched in the head.