Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Headphone set recommendation needed

I just got a pair of the Bose QC 35 II. My only complaint is that if I'm using them in the office, they cut out so much of the background crap that taking them off is like getting punched in the head.

Isn't that the whole idea of them to cancel out all the background noise so the music / movie is crystal clear. Actually, i dont think you have to have the noise cancelling activated on the new ones ? Are you saying the noise cancelling is too good on the Bose QC 35 II ? my son has the new ones like yours, i might give em another go for longer this time and determine whether i get the new ones or not ?

My problem with noise cancelling headphones.. is that music and sound dynamic is majorly lost. So it's a real trade off.

They are great for aeroplanes, that's about it for me.

Not the case with the QC 35'S so im told, maybe the lesser brands ? have you given the Bose a run ?

Not the case with the QC 35'S so im told, maybe the lesser brands ? have you given the Bose a run ?

yeah I have and higher end than that, but it's more about the fundamentals of how they work. You won't please a purist with noise cancelling headphones, by nature the acoustics are completely different. I am a snobby ex audio engineer, so take that as you wish haha

*edit don't get me wrong, they are awesome, but for me they are only for when outside noise impeeds on your ability to listen normally

• Administrators

Plugged in the new toy tonight and played some CDs.......

&

&

Life was meant to be ZZ

&

bbbbbBBBBBBBBBBAD

&

&

&

Weellll, you get the idea. Happy with my new purchase.

Thanks again for the advice!

- - - Updated - - -

& one from left field that is just a little bit fked-up..

yeah I have and higher end than that, but it's more about the fundamentals of how they work. You won't please a purist with noise cancelling headphones, by nature the acoustics are completely different. I am a snobby ex audio engineer, so take that as you wish haha

*edit don't get me wrong, they are awesome, but for me they are only for when outside noise impeeds on your ability to listen normally

Totally understand now, yeah, something has to give due to the noise cancelling, adding noise takes away from the input. thx for the advice & lesson. They were great on the plane, and thats the sort of environment i guess they were designed for, trains / planes & automobiles :)

Isn't that the whole idea of them to cancel out all the background noise so the music / movie is crystal clear. Actually, i dont think you have to have the noise cancelling activated on the new ones ? Are you saying the noise cancelling is too good on the Bose QC 35 II ? my son has the new ones like yours, i might give em another go for longer this time and determine whether i get the new ones or not ?

The noise cancelling is amazing. Far better than I expected against the human speech drone of the open plan office.

- - - Updated - - -

My problem with noise cancelling headphones.. is that music and sound dynamic is majorly lost. So it's a real trade off.

They are great for aeroplanes, that's about it for me.

I can turn the NC off when needed, but the majority of the time I'm using them is noisy environments and listening to horribly encoded mp3s anyway - more ot cover the background and allow me to focus than enjoy what I'm listening too.

Totally understand now, yeah, something has to give due to the noise cancelling, adding noise takes away from the input. thx for the advice & lesson. They were great on the plane, and thats the sort of environment i guess they were designed for, trains / planes & automobiles :)

right on! but being able to switch on nice sounding, noise cancelling headphones.. in some situations is irreplaceable!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

The noise cancelling is amazing. Far better than I expected against the human speech drone of the open plan office.

- - - Updated - - -

I can turn the NC off when needed, but the majority of the time I'm using them is noisy environments and listening to horribly encoded mp3s anyway - more ot cover the background and allow me to focus than enjoy what I'm listening too.

what kind of music :D