Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Crazy Kong PCB issue - Mabye?

Ponty

Question

Hi guys

I picked up this Crazy Kong (Falcon 1981) PCB and had some time to see if it worked (not getting my hopes up)

Seems to be an early version as the title screen only has the words Crazy Kong and no cage etc

When I first powered up it actually worked but the graphics and colours were all over the place but the game started and could be played so that was a bonus!

I then took out the socketed chips and cleaned them and put them back and that fixed the picture - another bonus!

Now the sound

Im not sure whether because its just this board but there are some sounds missing

-When you are moving sound

-jumping sound

-The intro when crazy kong jumps on the beams to move them

There might be more on other stages but not sure

The other sounds seem to work

Any help would be appreciated

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148874[/ATTACH]20190601_130629.jpg20190601_130535.jpg

dk1.jpg

8 answers to this question

Seems to be an early version as the title screen only has the words Crazy Kong and no cage etc

The more common blue Falcon boards are Crazy Kong Part II which has the cage, this green board is known as just Crazy Kong.

Now the sound

Im not sure whether because its just this board but there are some sounds missing

-When you are moving sound

-jumping sound

-The intro when crazy kong jumps on the beams to move them

There might be more on other stages but not sure

The other sounds seem to work

Any help would be appreciated

This page says that a bad op-amp might be to blame -> https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Crazy_Kong_Repair_Logs

- - - Updated - - -

On closer inspection, I think I can see a capacitor with a detached leg right next to the op-amp in the far bottom right corner of your pic, just beside the falcon sticker with 507957 on it. If I am seeing right, I would bet that is the cause.

The more common blue Falcon boards are Crazy Kong Part II which has the cage, this green board is known as just Crazy Kong.

This page says that a bad op-amp might be to blame -> https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Crazy_Kong_Repair_Logs

- - - Updated - - -

On closer inspection, I think I can see a capacitor with a detached leg right next to the op-amp in the far bottom right corner of your pic, just beside the falcon sticker with 507957 on it. If I am seeing right, I would bet that is the cause.

Thanks heaps- Seriously how good is your eyesight!

Well spotted

Next question is how to fix it or replace it?

• Administrators
Those repair logs have been ripped from AA and its own Wiki that @Brad maintains :huh:

Wow, I mean they credited but why not just link to ours or at the very least the original repair logs done by our members.

EDITL Just checked and they DO link to original Member and thread so all good in my opinion.

Brad