Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Full Size, lowboy or Bartop

Full Size, lowboy or Bartop  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Full Size, lowboy or Bartop

• Neat little Coctail Tabletop
    • Classic Aussie low boy
    • Grovy Bar Top
    • BAFC.......Big Arse Franken Cab

Well with all the build threads etc about Bartops, I thought it might be an opportune time to guage peoples thoughts.

If you could only have one Mame cabinet what would you have

How do I add the poll part ... ???

Well with all the build threads etc about Bartops, I thought it might be an opportune time to guage peoples thoughts.

If you could only have one Mame cabinet what would you have

How do I add the poll part ... ???

:tomato

What about Cocktails??

Was just looking at upright's but when I find out how to add a poll, this can be included. Cocktails really are a group all to themselves though.???

I voted lowboy... despite having a full size upright and being in the middle of building some bartops.

The footprint of a lowboy and upright is approximately the same, and both of them are probably the most versatile machines.

Cocktails have their place but IMO they take the largest footprint and aren't quite as versatile... I think they're best suited for dedicated games rooms.

I think bartops are a little underrated... but I personally think this is because A) they're not as authentic, and B) there are so few examples of good ones (for the same reason - there's less to 'copy' off). A good bartop is a compromise for mame if space is an issue... otherwise dedicated bartops are a good option to get a number of dedicated games in a small area.

Consider this:

Upright/lowboys IMO are the easiest to build, and you can whack a whole PC in there (and some people dont even bother with the encoder - going straight for an x-arcade or similar) so you ned very little electronic knowledge.

Bartops are far more intricate I've found... both with the woodworking and the considerations of dimensions to make everything fit.

• Super Moderator
I like lowboys, but I'm gunning for the big ass unit as you can fit a big ass screen and get a bit of elbow room for fighters etc, not to mention fitting big ass speakers so it can double as a big ass juke box.....Seems I have a big ass fetish today :D

Well the only one I don't currently own is a bartop. mind you the big arse cabinet, lowboy and cocktail cabinet all are currently in a state of non-working.

The only cabinet's i have working are my Crusin and a new addition 26" LAI cabinet with Raiden..

Thanks to a fellow member here :)

It has to be the low boy as out of all of the cabs its foot print has the smallest impact on any games or other type of room.

Cocktails by there nature are the most space consumming cabs due to the space required each side for the players.