Thread: DJ's VP cab build

State
    Croydon, VIC
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djgra79 View Post
    Well due to insufficient funds it could be a few weeks/months before I have spare money for the GTX1050ti low profile.
    In the meantime, this place looks to be (currently) cheapest online, but which version is the one to go for? Or does anyone have leads on cheaper for brand new?
    https://www.computeralliance.com.au/...tx1050ti%20low
    Nope - that price for a 4Gb GTX1050ti is the best I've seen for quite a while!

State
    Vic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey djgra79

FYI - I purchased a GTX1050ti low profile a couple of weeks ago and dropped it in a similar spec machine to start a vPin cab build myself. I've been on holidays since getting vpX and a couple of tables running, so haven't been able to extensively test it out. But I'll let you know how it goes if you like

State
    Victoria
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    If using a regular cabinet then a 37" will drop straight in (no routering of the side walls required) 40" will fit in a standard cabinet if you router out the sides of the cab and de-bezel (which you should do anyway). 40" will drop easily into a widebody. can use up to 46" with routered sides, in a widebody.

Existing empty cabinets can be had for not much $$ and are already ply (best for audio-based feedback using exciters) if doing so get a widebody if you can, ie: (wiki dump) it will let you use up to 46"
    I'm thinking of 40-44" for the main playing field. I think I'll get the TV first so I can build the cab around it (still undecided if building custom cab or using the widebody plans)
    My question is around TVs. Is there any specific minimum specs to look for? Prices vary greatly when looking on JB/Good Guys websites at these size ranges, and some brands I've never heard of before. I take it paying more money for a well known branded TV is worth it, or are they all made to same specs at the end of the day?

State
    Croydon, VIC
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    332 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djgra79 View Post
    I'm thinking of 40-44" for the main playing field. I think I'll get the TV first so I can build the cab around it (still undecided if building custom cab or using the widebody plans)
    My question is around TVs. Is there any specific minimum specs to look for? Prices vary greatly when looking on JB/Good Guys websites at these size ranges, and some brands I've never heard of before. I take it paying more money for a well known branded TV is worth it, or are they all made to same specs at the end of the day?
    Take a look at monitors, rather than TVs. There's a train of thought that monitors are purpose built for video output form a PC so they will do a better job with less lag etc, compared to a TV which has features you don't need as well as image processing which can supposedly induce lag.

If you go with a 43" monitor then you can still use widebody plans (makes it much easier to find a suitable lockdown bar, rather than having one fabricated) knowing there will be plenty of room for the monitor to fit. Pretty sure you'll find at least one model each from LG, Philips, Asus amongst others.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information