Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Please help me get started with MESS

I have been using mame for many years and now run Groovymame on my Astro cabs, but I find the set up quite complicated and therefore I only learn as much as I need to know to get it running and configured who I like it. I use the MaLa frontend and have a great theme for it.

So now I want to start playing some old fav console games but I have no idea how to get started with MESS, it's supposed to be rolled into mame now but there is no executable for it so how do I select it from MaLa?

I tried using Fusion364 tonight but it said I needed to update my drivers to Directx7 and I wasn't sure if that would stuff up my groovymame so I didn't do it.

I would rather be able to access all the emulators with MESS instead of using single console ones anyway.

• Administrators

Been a long time since I've screwed around with Mess or rather now the mess option ins mame core. Howver heres a previous post I responded to along with a link on how to set it up with Mala. Effectively once paths are setup just like for mame, you call the system then the rom.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/85230-Mala-and-Mess

https://www.retrorgb.com/malafe-otheremus.html

Cheers,

Brad

Same .exe as mame/GM, you just need more options in the commandline to indicate system and media along with the rom itself, and the path to it. If you get really stuck and google is no help, msg me and i'll try to dig up some old commandlines from a previous build of mine.