Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXIX - Game 9 ~ Sky Kid (closes 9-Jun)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1810022905_9.SMK_skykid_93560_wolf106.png.f43fec6997026063dad50560906b1204.png

This was done with a keyboard. Now it's time to hook up my PS2 gamepad and see what I can do. I'm used to playing it with a gamepad because I happen to own it as one of the games on my Namco Museum 50th Anniversary disk. I should be able to raise this score even higher. That'll make up for that (cough) last game I had to play.

77.040pts

A minor improvement in rank but worth posting. WolfMAME v.183 INP here

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149042

It's always worth posting an improved score. I have looked over the past few MGLs and discovered, those gamers who post regular small score increases, have a very high tendency to post later much higher scores than those who don't. :024:

Day 14 of 17 ...

Another day, another leader. It's all happening in the skies of video game land. Even the land and sea forces are a serious menace.

4fde4TJ.png

All of these kids are pretty good!

3 days to go until this game is closed.

oK9Z7qj.png

Hi everyone, well that was a fun game. Thank you for your score submissions made today to improve your score. This game is now closed. The final scoreboard will be posted shortly. :cool:

Day 17 of 17.

Final Results ...

BaSsrFf.png

Sky Kid has never been played in the MGL before, so that’s been 13 years without, what proved to be, a very good game. Until now. Redelf, JasonV91, spectre, Pessimeister, creech, Prow, bigredbird, DaLar, RMacauley, SMK, Ivanstorm1973 and Derek played really well from 198K down to 105K. They achieved 3rd place to 14th place respectively in a tricky war of the birds.

It’s not every day that 2 gamers break the previous world record score. JES played an amazing set of games on Sky Kid to score a new world record score of 289,530 points. He finished in a brilliant 2nd place on this game. Also JES posted his cab game play for Sky Kid (as well as Pac-Land) on YouTube, which was a highlight for gamers and viewers of the MGL. Thanks JES.

Congratulations to Matt Sales for winning Game 9, setting a mighty 334,330 points on the last day of regulation time. It’s a new world record and an excellent achievement.

pk0xg7e.png

This was the last game of MGLXXXIX. The tournament wrap up will be posted shortly.

:)