Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXIX - Game 8 ~ Pac-Land (closes 9-Jun)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John loves this game. He told me. He's had enough of Galaga at Pincadia ... :021:

- - - Updated - - -

Top Cat holds top spot with 464, 620. I wonder if our resident @SectionZ has this score in his sights?

I hope so. Something good to aim for, and not too far away either.

:035:

- - - Updated - - -

17,150pts

WTF am I playing...

:lol

The super game called Pac-Land. Everyone who plays it gets happy, likes magical boots, and enjoys beating up the ghosts.

:)

- - - Updated - - -

Day 6 of 17 ...

Pac-Land, the greatest place in the arcade.

kFnpS3C.png

So many good and improved scores are being achieved.

JES at TG has made a great recording of his Pac-Land game play in the MGL. He's got a really nice cab with an excellent sharp and clean image of the game play.

Also he shows how skillful this game really is and it's great to watch how he goes about it. I enjoyed watching this. I hope you do too. You can also hear how he uses the joystick for moves. Some extra point techniques are shown as well. Trampoline jumps too. Fun!

Enjoy the game.

Looks like SectionZ's tips are helping ... :D

- - - Updated - - -

And this one reminds me of this Smurf game.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=148754

Sent from my C64 VT-100 Terminal using Aussie Arcade

Reminds you of Smurf? You must have had one too many at Barcade New Haven. Those local brews are pretty deadly.

:tequila:

A few tips from trip 1.

In Round 1 - Pushing left on one of the fire hydrants will reward you with a hard hat, the hard hat provides protection from falling baby ghosts!

A.png.632821ec1985a6aed0587657ad7eef24.png

Also note in the above the pic the purple 'time ghost' Sue - Sue will follow Pacman very closely & if time runs out charges at him.

Also in round 1 are a couple of Power Pills, for maximum points time it right to set up the 'eating of the baby ghosts'

B.png.52b3e339b77ebafe654ec77798d03c18.png

You want to eat Sue 5th for 3200 pts then you will also see a special L item that replenishes your time & awards some points for time remaining any further ghosts will score 7650.

C.png.3f29ac1463b3173f1d444964b1195c40.png

In round 2 there is a shortcut that skips you to the end of trip 2! Push left on the tall cactus or one of the tree stumps. Secrets like this are only available if you have not died yet during this trip / round & are randomly in different positions, you are awarded some bonus points but more points are available by playing through & you will also learn valuable skills.

D.png.06813010a827db2606484efc763eaa77.png

On the way back on round 4 you can get a 'Special' extra life, hunt around touching different parts of the cactus until a special S item appears.

E.png.b0cc38cbb72e6f1dc79e7607cfefd190.png

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148795[/ATTACH]

Also on round 4 pushing one of the fire hydrants to the right will reveal some balloons, one of the balloons is worth 7650 pts.

Spending time on the last 2 can be risky once you run out of time you will lose your flying boots & hard hat.

Often there is another way around things & it's fun finding them...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]148796[/ATTACH]

Great tips SectionZ. Thanks. I like your screenshots that show them by example.

:023:

This game has more depth than Pac-man from 1980.

Edited by OOO

Made it to tirp 7 for the first time in a long time.

As Rimmer would say, absolutely M_A_R_V_E_L_L_O_U_S ... :041:

Awesome achievement.

Dare I ask, dare I even mention it, is 740K even possible?

And then the TG arcade score is 4,150,100. How? :unsure

Dare I ask, dare I even mention it, is 740K even possible?

And then the TG arcade score is 4,150,100. How? :unsure

My best BITD was about 1.1mil, a couple of us made it through trip 9 on that machine, trip 10 looked like trip 1 but harder, so I thought it repeated after that but I didn't get any farer & it was a long time ago.

Its possible it's slightly easier on real arcade, due to the timing or a control delay in emulation, it just seems not quite as responsive when timing the jumps, hard to say for sure. Over 4 Mil would be Physicaly & Mentaly exhausting but hey it's possible as far as I know.