Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXIX - Game 8 ~ Pac-Land (closes 9-Jun)

From 5th place to 3rd place, nice, that's what a 24K score increase can do for you.

http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

- - - Updated - - -

You really have improved on this game now. Your previous score was 19K, now you hit almost 6 times that for 112K. The reward? You move up from 19th place to 8th place, and maybe you are enjoying the game more now. Definitely your skill and knowledge set is much better.

:023:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 12 of 17...

What can I say about Pac-Land? Well Pac-man from 1980 was too easy for gamers with fool proof patterns, and this is what happens when the manufacturer catches on. This game is a lot harder, has a greater variety of skill set required, and far more challenging tasks, for you to do well.

IV8r9Nu.png

1OXGKn7.jpg

What a cute and happy family in Pac-Land! Where's Chomp Chomp? How many secret tasks have you found?

Only 5 days to go until this game is closed.

:035::026::035:

Pessimeister: 93, 720

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149017

Hearty thanks to @bigredbird and @SectionZ for the guidance and tips on improvement in this game.

Almost 4 times your previous score. Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Never again lol.

Really? You will love this game ... :049:

- - - Updated - - -

Day 13 of 17 ...

Hotting up in Pac-Land.

gcQEVv9.png

Where can you buy more skill? You can't, you've got to earn it.

Only 4 days to go until this game is closed.

68,320pts

WolfMAME v.183 INP here

I'm done being friends of Pac-Man. In the Pac-Land.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149041

:035::045::035:

- - - Updated - - -

:bum: :lalala:

:lol

- - - Updated - - -

Pessimeister: 98, 140

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=149039

Damn, so close to 100 k. How I wish Pacman could swim...or at least spherically float.

Spherically float makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, in most classic video games, nothing makes sense.

Day 14 of 17 ...

The skill set required to play this game well is very high.

Never a truer word spoken. Well words to be exact.

This game is for me another case of knowing what to do but failing miserably in the execution of said knowledge. After more restarts than I care to count I'm done with Pac-Land. How the f..k I got my score on TG all those years ago remains a mystery to me right now.

I don't dislike the game but my blood pressure levels do so it's time to call it a day. I'll be busy bashing silver balls around again for the next few days anyway

Excellent revelation. From memory, you'll also find this bonus score in Pac-mania on eating multiple ghosts and Galaga Arrangement on a non-hit challenge stage. You can learn and play at the same time.

:)

There's also a 7650 bonus that shows up randomly on Rally-X Arrangement on Namco Classics Vol 2.

pacl0000.png.f056b330e24417e5335fa165f70d98c5.png

can't seem to get past the 2nd pond on round 5 (the one where the jump board is a bit before the pond) :unsure

edit: oops, I guess it's round 6 (according to my score ;) )

Edited by CrazyKongFan

A very nice improvement. You are very close to 4th spot, you just needed another 10K on Trip 4 to make it.

:026:

- - - Updated - - -

Day 16 of 17 ...

Bonus points and even more bonus points.

DFDv3jd.png

Only 1 day to go until this game is closed.

Every Point Counts

pacl0001.png.12eb3c47cf7569fd6b2a1ff8ede96340.png

Still ended at the same spot, 2nd pond on round 6. Got some extra bonuses though, including a 7650 galaxian on round 1. Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but after dying the 1st time, Pac-man doesn't seem to jump on the springboard and I always just fall in the water :unsure

Not as far, but higher score with some point pressing.

Oh man, that's superb. And just look at that screenshot, love it, the 7650. The cute little animals are there too. What a happy family.

:D

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno what I'm doing wrong, but after dying the 1st time, Pac-man doesn't seem to jump on the springboard and I always just fall in the water :unsure

I'm not an expert on this game, someone else will need to tell you the bad news.

:rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

PAC-LAND UPDATE

It's all happening now. Some really improved scores are coming through onto the scoreboard.

Y12vDwt.png

Like most things in life, if you don't try, you get nothing.

Only 7 hours to go until this tough game is closed.

:026:

I know this is the last day for submissions, but can someone please tell me how the hell to jump across the water off of the trampoline? I've played dozens and dozens of games and haven't been able to figure it out. I know you're supposed to tap the button to stay in the air longer, but I do that and land right in the water not far from the damn trampoline every single time. It's frustrating as hell. :realmad: