Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXIX - Game 8 ~ Pac-Land (closes 9-Jun)

I know this is the last day for submissions, but can someone please tell me how the hell to jump across the water off of the trampoline? I've played dozens and dozens of games and haven't been able to figure it out. I know you're supposed to tap the button to stay in the air longer, but I do that and land right in the water not far from the damn trampoline every single time. It's frustrating as hell. :realmad:

Stephen I don’t think you read all the posts in the threads? Have a look at post 36 by SectionZ. There are other hints in the thread over the last 16 days. BTW how did your Galaga session go a few days ago? You kindly let us know you were gaming but no follow up on how you went? When does a new world record get set? :unsure

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen I don’t think you read all the posts in the threads? Have a look at post 36 by SectionZ. There are other hints in the thread over the last 16 days.

BTW how did your Galaga session go a few days ago? You kindly let us know you were gaming but no follow up on how you went? When does a new world record get set? :unsure

Thanks Paul. I managed to jump over the water, but died many other ways once I got on the other side. Some games you have it and others you don't. This is one game that just doesn't click with me. That's ok. Had boat loads of fun playing in it like always. That's all that counts.

Over 8M on both days. I just couldn't put a game together on the first day, so I mustered up enough energy to have another go the following day and scored another 8M. Too many negative factors to be going for major records right now. One was the fact that I played in my garage which stayed at 92 degrees throughout the day. It was brutal. I don't know how I managed to last the 5 hours I played for. Oh well. I'm going to play some 5-men only tomorrow and see what happens. If I can last the same amount of time, a new world record will come out of it. Then again, it's supposed to be another hot one, so I'm not holding my breath. I may need to just improve both my MAME records whereas I can play in the house where it's much more comfortable.

Day 17 of 17.

Final Results ...

BIik3HN.png

Certainly a very different variation on the early generation of Pac-man games, this one was more like a platformer. You need several techniques and great execution to make good scores on this title. 100K + is very good, where JES, creech, RichyS, JasonV91, JustAnotherRat, Prow, Pessimeister and spectre respectively all excelled in the range of scores from 191K down to 100K. ILLSeaBass hit a fine 201K for 3rd place and bigredbird upped his score to 241K for an excellent 2nd place.

Congratulations to Sean Clough for winning Game 8, with an outstanding score of 543,980 points. More than doubling the 2nd place score, that’s amazing skill and knowledge right there. Brilliant gaming.

KVJ39a2.png

:)