Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Old fart ready to set up and learn

Hey all, David is my name.

known as Boxhead (sadly had to add the 1 as someone already has that tag).

Just turned 50 and semi retired, building a big shed and a man cave, wanting to set it up with lots of stuff from my youth, I have been collecting Atari stuff slowly for a while but will also be wanting a cabinet or two.

Never really got into the Pinball machines, don't know why but I was a big time sucker for the Arcade games, from my first encounter with Space Invaders at the local corner pub that Nana used to take me too (she had a shandy and I had lemonade) right up to when I found the game I truly fell in love with (CliffHanger) was a video style game like Dragons Lair (will be looking to buy one I know one is currently on eBay)

I am a mechanic by trade but very hands on and wanting to learn how to fix old games and build new ones. (not very IT literate)

Take care all.

• 4 years later...

Wow, Time flies by.

I am now getting ready to finally start this project.

I have a working MAME file for this game, I also have a genuine light board and control panel top cover.

looking to buy a PC to load the game into.

When I start making the cabinet, I am guessing that that I am better to make it from laminated panels, then get a vinyl to make it the pink or blue color the cabinet needs to be?

I have some new stickers sets as well, so I will likely get a mate to make new prints of these for me.

il_570xN.4355477489_dnuo.jpg

wu583dx5cne81.jpg

100_0001.jfif 100_0003.jfif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boxhead1 said:

Wow, Time flies by.

Only a few years - that's not even a good effort compared to some 🙂 There are tons of machine builds on here worth a read - different people's experiences, and different levels of quality and faithfulness to originals. A solid second hand machine will do a great job, and there are distributions that make setting up MAME as a standalone easy. Batocera is quite popular.

• Like 1