Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Virtua Fighter 5 LOC test video

Great graphics, BUT sound effects and voices, BORING and annoying,

<insert yawn> Fighters, how boring this genre has become. Sorry but they all look the same. Please educate me on any NEW exiciting features or benefits in the new fighters if any.

Dead or Alive series - Bouncing Boobies :P

It looks nice, but needs blood, or maybe physical 'damage' on the players.. It looks silly that your beating the crap out of you opponents yet they look untouched.. If you could see cuts / bruisers / black eyes etc, then that would be cool

Its odd how Virtua Fighter does well in Japan and not in the west, and vice versa with the Tekken series.

I have always found tekken to be a real button masher, but in VF you really need to learn the game to get anywhere.

I think one reason why we dont see it much out here was due to the failure of the saturn and dreamcast in our market. $ony on the other hand established tekken in the west through sales of the "poo station".

Great graphics, BUT sound effects and voices, BORING and annoying,

<insert yawn> Fighters, how boring this genre has become. Sorry but they all look the same. Please educate me on any NEW exiciting features or benefits in the new fighters if any.

Fighting games are a very difficult thing to explain to people who don't "get" them. I guess it's the same with anything. I'm completely devoid of any skill as far as fixing mechanical items (cars, engines, etc) goes. To me it's all much of a muchness, and there's no real difference from one brand of car to the next. I find people who get all riled up about the technical intricicies of various engines and motors to be all rather banal.

In the same way, fighting games are all very different, and the nuances of one fighting game engine to the next will make or break a game for the hardcore crowd. It gets pretty serious for these guys - I mean take for instance Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. The Dreamcast release features different timings on a few moves which are as little as 250ms out of kilter with the arcade machine. This is enough for some of the more harcore fans to totally avoid the game on that platform, and spend 10 times as much money to get a real arcade kit (or wait 2 years for the superior Playstation 2 release like I did).

Outside of that, VF is totally different to Tekken which is totally different to Dead or Alive and so on. Unfortunately the differences won't make themselves apparent to anyone who's not willing to put a few hundred hours into each title.

Just like the Sonic and Mario games were "all just platformers", or Holdens and Fords are "all just cars", everyone knows there are differences between them that matter to some, and don't to others.

If you'd like me to explain the differences between all the fighting games at a low level, I'd be happy to. But something deep inside me tells me that it would just put those who don't like fighters to sleep, and would be old news to the fans already. So it would be a rather pointless excercise. Better to just take my word for it. :)

Fighting games are a very difficult thing to explain to people who don't "get" them. I guess it's the same with anything. I'm completely devoid of any skill as far as fixing mechanical items (cars, engines, etc) goes. To me it's all much of a muchness, and there's no real difference from one brand of car to the next. I find people who get all riled up about the technical intricicies of various engines and motors to be all rather banal.

In the same way, fighting games are all very different, and the nuances of one fighting game engine to the next will make or break a game for the hardcore crowd. It gets pretty serious for these guys - I mean take for instance Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. The Dreamcast release features different timings on a few moves which are as little as 250ms out of kilter with the arcade machine. This is enough for some of the more harcore fans to totally avoid the game.

Outside of that, VF is totally different to Tekken which is totally different to Dead or Alive and so on. Unfortunately the differences won't make themselves apparent to anyone who's not willing to put a few hundred hours into each title.

Just like the Sonic and Mario games were "all just platformers", or Holdens and Fords are "all just cars", everyone knows there are differences between them that matter to some, and don't to others.

If you'd like me to explain the differences between all the fighting games at a low level, I'd be happy to. But something deep inside me tells me that it would just put those who don't like fighters to sleep, and would be old news to the fans already. So it would be a rather pointless excercise. Better to just take my word for it. :)

ok so there really is no NEW and exciting features or benefits from the older ones then? apart from graphics updates and different moves..... I suppose, what else can you do with the genre.

ok so there really is no NEW and exciting features or benefits from the older ones then? apart from graphics updates and different moves..... I suppose, what else can you do with the genre.

There are plenty of NEW features, and some of them are very exciting. But again, explaining them to people who aren't fans of the genre is kinda pointless.

Most of them center around combo and counter attack mechanics, and the slight changes that make or break a game like character balance, etc.