Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

2017 Brisbane Pinball Club

Today's the day where you get to choose the machines for tomorrow night's Brisbane Pinball Club meet @ Netherworld.

Keep an eye out for the post/email/text with the full machine list soon!!

Cheers,

Lambo

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good afternoon all,

I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend!

It's now time to choose your machines for tomorrow night's club meet @ Netherworld.

Here is the list to choose from:

Stellar Wars

The Addams Family*

Creature From the Black Lagoon

Metallica

Tron

Batman '66

Spiderman VE

Flash Gordon

Ghost Busters

The Twilight Zone

Funhouse*

The Shadow

Whirlwind

Dungeons and Dragons*

Each player can choose one machine only.* The first 8 machines will be used for the comp.

Don't forget that all machines will be using their current game settings for the comp, while the finals will see Extra Balls turned off.

Happy pinballing!!

Cheers,

Lambo

Here's the final list:

* Creature From the Black Lagoon

* Stellar Wars

* Whirlwind

* Flash Gordon

* Ghostbusters

* The Addams Family

* The Twilight Zone

* Dungeons & Dragons

Backup machine will be Batman '66.

Thank you all for choosing.* Look forward to tomorrow night!

Yeah just stirring up the pinball players :D

Not a good idea to stir up the players, I think you will find that a lot of them play better when they get stirred up.

Also, new players are always welcome to comps.

Not a good idea to stir up the players, I think you will find that a lot of them play better when they get stirred up.

Also, new players are always welcome to comps.

All good - it was only 2 pinball players in particular I was trying to stir up - and they both know who they are and they both know they need stirring up. :D

All set for tomorrow night, fingers crossed I don't make the finals by accident because I really need to be home before the finals start due to possibly having to be up early for work on Wed morning :(

In terms of the games lineup - played a decent amount of Addams Family BITD - but seeing the scores some of you guys set, I'll need a hell of a lot of luck. Pretty much played all of the games at NW apart from 3 of them - not that it matters, I don't know the strats for big scores, I just try to keep the ball on the table :) My goal, as with the 1st flip frenzy comp - don't finish last, and everything else is a bonus.

Looking forward to tomorrow afternoon/early evening. Be cool to get a few more IFPA points and maybe move up into the top 14,000 players or whatever I'm currently ranked at.

For those that don't know me - I'll be in my work uniform most likely - just look for the guy in shorts, steel caps (to kick you if you beat me) and fluoro socks :)

Sorry I couldn't hang around until the end - need to be up at 5am for work tomorrow.

As expected, I didn't finish in the top 8 - but looks like I'll be in the top 25 or so out of 44 players which I count as a win for someone who doesn't play pinball. Got a a few scores that were better than some really great pinball players on a few machines which encourages me to to maybe play a few more pinball comps.

Pretty sure I beat @rusty_dagger on on at least one machine and he should hang his head in shame. :P

To be honest, I actually had more fun when I got home and watched the results come in on Matchplay and see my tournament ranking.

Tues night's are hard for me to attend, but pretty sure I'll attend the next flip frenzy at NW and keep an eye out at other pinball comps around the greater Brisbane region.

Now it's up to you pinheads - NW is going to start arcade comps - we need you guys to swallow your pride, admit that arcade is harder than pinball (prove me wrong :P) and come to the new arcade comps at NW :)

Really hoping at some stage NW can run a combined pinball/arcade competition - find the greatest gamer over two different classic arcade mediums (if that's the right word).

Nice to meet Lambo and Chris who were verifying scores as well as seeing Grant (is it Dicky on AA? am really bad at remembering names and/or aliases) again. Wish I could have stayed longer, @rusty_dagger wouldn't have made the top 8 if I was there trash talking him like he did to me in the 1st NW flip frenzy. :)

Gah! I got caned. 😟

But managed to get Twilight Zone working again, MacGyver style.

That's a flipper pawl bolt, encased in kneadable wood putty, stuck into the plunger rod of the slot machine plunger.

I cured it by using the hand dryer in the Gents. 😜

When I left at 10.00 pm tonight it was still kicking out balls. Let's hope @jimmy can get a spare ASAP.c78b500bb7b76f3079b6d96210be3462.jpg

Thank you once again to everyone who attended the April Brisbane Pinball Club meet on Tuesday night. Despite a few players saying they hadn't quite fully recovered from the weekend's pinball events, we still had another strong field of 44 players this month, with a few new players joining us once again.

It was also great to see a few players earn their highest ever placing at the Brisbane Pinball meet, with Oliver Henry Dickson, Nicolas Noben, Chris Wade and Chris Eccles to name a few.

Qualifying ended up finishing around 9pm, with the finals finishing up much earlier this month at around 10.45pm. Unfortunately, we had a couple of players who made the Top 8 leave early thinking they hadn't played well enough to advance. (Must admit I'm still trying to work out how I qualified in 3rd myself). This gave Oliver & Nicolas their first opportunity to play a BPC finals.

Full results can be found here: https://matchplay.events/live/bx30/standings

Final top 8 & payouts were as follows:

1. Peter Watt ($70 + trophy)

2. Russell Dagger ($60 + trophy)

3. Chris Jennings ($50 + trophy)

4. Jason Lambert ($40)

5. Grant Quinn ($25)

6. Chris Wade ($25)

7. Oliver Henry Dickson ($25)

8. Nicolas Noben ($25)

9. Chris Eccles (qualified in 6th)

10. Jasen Mouritsen (qualified in 7th)

Random draw for free entry/money back:

24. Rob McIntyre

29. Jonathan Chabowski

Russell has also now qualified for the end of year QLD State Championship, to be held at Timezone Surfers Paradise on December 10th. Up for grabs is a free entry into the 2017 ACS final in Adelaide, 2018.

Results have now been submitted to the IFPA for WPPR points. For those following their rankings, you can check them out here: https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/country.php

Our next meet is on Tuesday 16th May, same place, same time. Till then, check out some of the other local pinball meets coming up in the meantime:

29th Apr - Flipswitch @ Autographed Memorabilia

3rd May - Gold Coast PC @ Timezone Surfers

6th May - Flip Frenzy @ Netherworld

14th May - SBC @ Sacchromycces

Edited by Lambo

• 4 weeks later...

NEXT MEET

Brisbane Pinball Club returns to Netherworld again this Tuesday, 16th May.

Time: Qualify from 4pm-8.30pm (ish). Late arrivals are welcome until around 7.15ish

Cost: $15 per player

Format: 8 games of qualifying. Top 8 players on points gained will advance to best-of-3 game matches.

Please note that there will be NO PRACTICE GAMES on any of the competition machines after 4pm. You are always welcome to head in before then to practice if you wish.

Also, all games will be played with their current setup (ball saves on, extra balls on). For the top 8 finals, extra balls will be turned OFF.

The 8 games will be chosen by the players - keep an eye out for the machine selection email/text/PM/post on Monday!

The first 8 machines selected will be the machines to be used during the tournament. (Players can only choose once, unless that machine has already been selected)

Do you have any mates or family interested in coming along to play pinball?

Don't forget about our Bring-a-friend promotion, where you and your friend get to play pinball for free! Conditions apply - please email or call for enquiries.

Thanks to everyone*for their continued*support of the Brisbane Pinball Club. Hope to see you all there this Tuesday night!

LAST MONTH'S RESULTS

Full results can be found here: https://matchplay.events/live/bx30/standings

Final top 8 & payouts were as follows:

1. Peter Watt ($70 + trophy)

2. Russell Dagger ($60 + trophy)

3. Chris Jennings ($50 + trophy)

4. Jason Lambert ($40)

5. Grant Quinn ($25)

6. Chris Wade ($25)

7. Oliver Henry Dickson ($25)

8. Nicolas Noben ($25)

9. Chris Eccles (qualified in 6th)

10. Jasen Mouritsen (qualified in 7th)

Random draw for free entry/money back:

24. Rob McIntyre

29. Jonathan Chabowski

Russell has also now qualified for the end of year QLD State Championship, to be held at Timezone Surfers Paradise on December 10th. Up for grabs is a free entry into the 2017 ACS final in Adelaide, 2018.

IFPA points for all players are now up on the IFPA website.* For those following their rankings, you can check them out here: https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/country.php

T-SHIRTS

Brisbane Pinball Club T-Shirts are still available.

2015 edition shirts (Navy or Black) are $10 each - limited sizes available

2016 edition shirts (Orange or Black) are $25 each - VERY limited sizes available.

If you would like a shirt, please shoot me an email and I will hopefully remember to bring them with me on Tuesday night (if you are planning to be there).

QLD STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

This event is open to any player who finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd at any of the following events throughout 2017:

* Brisbane Pinball Club

* Flip Frenzy @ Netherworld

* Young Henrys Pins Comp @ Sacchromyces

* Flipswitch @ Autographed Memorabilia

* Gold Coast Pinball Club @ Timezone Surfers Paradise

* Gold Balls League

We currently have 28 players who have already qualified and we are not even at the half way point of this year!

The final will take place on Sunday 10th December at Timezone Surfers Paradise.* The winner will not only become the 2017 QLD State Pinball Champion, but will also be given the opportunity to fly to Adelaide to represent QLD at the Australian Championship in February 2018.* Entry fee, airfares & accommodation is included in the prize, but please note that conditions apply on the main prize.

Will we see another 3 players stake their claim to the QLD Championship this Tuesday?

2017 BRISBANE MASTERS

Just announced for 2017!* Widely regarded as one of Australia's premier major pinball events on the calendar, the Brisbane Masters returns on July 21st, 22nd & 23rd.* This year, we will be heading to another new venue at The Mill on Constance, in Fortitude Valley.

A number of not only QLD's best, but also Australia's best (and possibly NZ's best) pinball players will converge on the 2017 Brisbane Masters event.* And this year, we have 4 great events for players to choose from! And not only that, but EVERYONE is welcome to play!

Our schedule for the massive weekend includes:

Friday 21st July:

* 3 Strikes Tournament - 7pm-11pm

Saturday 22nd July:

* Brisbane Masters Qualifying - 9.30am-7.30pm

* Flip Frenzy Tournament #1 - 8pm-11pm

Sunday 23rd July:

* Brisbane Masters Top 24 Finals - 9.30am-4pm

* Flip Frenzy Tournament #2 - 5pm-8pm

Players are eligible to play in as many or as few events as they wish.* You can find the information for the 2017 Brisbane Masters on the Aussie Arcade forum here: http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/86949-2017-Brisbane-Masters

Till next time ladies & gentlemen, have a great weekend and we will see you again in the near future!

Cheers,

Lambo

Edited by Lambo

Ahah, no worries, sorry for putting unnecessary pressure :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Plus I like to post it at random times :D

- - - Updated - - -

Ok folks, here we go. Time to choose the 8 machines for tomorrow's meet:

* The Twilight Zone

* Ghostbusters Pro

* Stellar Wars

* The Walking Dead Premium

* Tales From The Crypt

* The Shadow

* Spiderman VE

* Batman '66

* Tron Pro

* Metallica Pro

* Creature From The Black Lagoon

* Whirlwind

Players get one choice each until all 8 machines have been chosen.

And.... go!