Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Illawarra Steelers meet - 31st March 2018

Just arrived home Tony and very sorry for your loss.

Moyra and I only got to meet you for the first time last night and you were extremely welcoming and friendly, by the end of the night it felt like we have known you for ages. It was also great to see you enjoyed the shots!

Speaking of which if anyone had a sore head this morning it is Moyra's fault, not mine. :laugh:

We had an absolute ball and your games room is something to behold! The machines, the memorabilia, the decorations, the music and that vintage merchandiser...:tequila:

Well worth the trip, it was also great to catch up with and meet some of the N.S.W. crew. It was also great to catch up with Yee @rocky2 and Wazza @defender1980

Always great to catch up with Dave @furballx as well. Special mention to @WOKA, who was an absolute crack up on the night.

But most importantly, our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
thanks again everyone.

sorry for the bringdown but my mum passed away early this morning. will be offline for awhile.

Awww mate, the very worst of news. So sad to hear this when you should be feeling good about the enjoyment you spread across the people who attended your meet. Give you old man a hug and tell him that I am thinking of the two of you and the rest of the family at the hardest of times.

Dave

Thanks again Tony for access to the Steelers Shed, as a fellow Steeler it was awesome to see the part of your collection on show.

Bonus was an absolutely awesome group of pinballs and pinheads too!

Condolences to you and the family in regards to your Mum, may she Rest In Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Both Allison and myself are sorry to hear the of passing of your mother Tony, our thoughts go out to you and your family.

Thanks for the opportunity to play an amazing collection of EM's and view the history in your shed.

These meets are all about a social get together and the catching up with mutual friends both new and old, and this one was no exception.

You get to chat with people face to face rather than through a keyboard which gives you an understanding of how to interpret their posts online.

Most of all it's tons of fun:)

Caught Tony doing "The Pinball Shuffle" across the machines...

IMG_2623.thumb.jpg.3a686d7855ab127e5a11bb6644a87b6e.jpg

Thanks Tony for a lovely night , i really enjoyed seeing all your fantastic memorabilia and playing those wonderful games.

Very sad to hear about your Mother passing , my Condolences go out to you and your family.

Thanks for inviting us to this fantastic meet, Tony. Fiona and I had a great time and it's been one of my pinball goals to attend a Steelers meet.

no problem alex and wow did i see another side of fiona that i hadn't seen before ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Bummed that I couldn't make it last night. Will make up for it at The Barn!

thanks rod, though will see you at my next meet here with anna on the 28th of april?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tony

So sorry to hear about your mum mate hope you and family are doing well.

My sincerest condolences

Kind regards Scott.

hi scott, sorry i missed you when you called in yesterday

- - - Updated - - -

This is what happens when man-children get drunk, its late and we're unsupervised ;)

https://www.facebook.com/AussieArcade/videos/1622902131079726/

Brad

when i showed my sister and her children yesterday, after i left the room the kids said 'are all of tony's friends bogans' :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Just arrived home Tony and very sorry for your loss.

Moyra and I only got to meet you for the first time last night and you were extremely welcoming and friendly, by the end of the night it felt like we have known you for ages. It was also great to see you enjoyed the shots!

Speaking of which if anyone had a sore head this morning it is Moyra's fault, not mine. :laugh:

We had an absolute ball and your games room is something to behold! The machines, the memorabilia, the decorations, the music and that vintage merchandiser...:tequila:

you and moyra just topped an awesome night. honestly i can't remember laughing so much the words 'shots, shots, shots' are still ringing in my ears.

to stand around and slam those shots down and looking around and seeing how happy everybody was made the hundreds of hours and months of work well worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

Awww mate, the very worst of news. So sad to hear this when you should be feeling good about the enjoyment you spread across the people who attended your meet. Give you old man a hug and tell him that I am thinking of the two of you and the rest of the family at the hardest of times.

Dave

i did give my dad a hug and said it was from you dave. thanks for the messages after hearing the news, appreciated very much.

actually glad he didn't make this meet as he got to spend the last night with mum before she passed.

- - - Updated - - -

devod...absolutely devod..lost for words Kia Kaha

thanks bro, would never be a meet without having you here :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for hosting such an awesome meet and bringing together a great bunch of people for a night of fun and laughter. It sure was a wonderful experience.

same goes to you dan, couldn't imagine having a meet without your massive grin plastered across your face. out of all the people in the hobby i am sure you would give the shirt off your back if needed.

• Administrators

when i showed my sister and her children yesterday, after i left the room the kids said 'are all of tony's friends bogans' :lol

It's probably a fair cop :lol

I've watched that video about 20 times and every time Troy, looks around, waves and say's come on you ****ers gather round' I lose it.

The cackling you can here is @WOKA standing next to me. I can't believe the video isn't shaking I was laughing so hard.

Brad

Tony, firstly so sorry to hear about your mom, I hope things are going as well as can be for you and your family.

And of course thanks so much for the awesome pinnie night with some old friends and some new ones, definitely worth the trip over from NZ. The fireworks inside your gamesroom were a hoot, and disturbing. I liked the Volley and Spanish eyes machines the most. It was good to see a kiwi win the comp too.

Also I really liked your garden, really pretty and well kept.

Thanks again mate, Nick

hi scott, sorry i missed you when you called in yesterday

I’m the one who’s sorry I missed it mate. Mrs JP took me away for a surprise weekend away and for some reason I was thinking it was a day later.

Hope you can get the prize to someone or just use it for another event/fundraiser. Feel pretty stupid really.

Again hope everyone is doing ok in the saddest of situations. Thoughts are with you mate.

• Super Moderator

Wow.. So sorry to hear your sad news Tony, truly devastating after such a great afternoon and evening. And what a great time we had - I think It'll be a while before I'm let out again to party with you crazy bunch.! Didn't that deteriorate quickly and what 11pm curfew! Shots.! Great times Tony and thanks for putting on such a great meet. So good to catch up with you, the old and the new :)

A few pics of the great times had...

mBtY3zw.jpg

5Chy7bI.jpg

C0grHjZ.jpg

NdJdgko.jpg

zW30FAr.jpg

fgt3GUD.jpg

I2B3IoL.jpg

mWd4mHQ.jpg

RUlccSU.jpg

nGHhkQZ.jpg

aRHqXfH.jpg