Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Getting rid of that horrible Black rubber

Now for the huge task of replacing them all and giving the playfield a full going over and clean.

Set aside a weekend, depending on the machine. I don't know how GB and TWD are when it comes to replacing all the rubbers but, on my POTC, it was a major job. (It took me most of a weekend (although I made some other changes and fixes while I was at it). Depending on how much stuff you have to remove to get at a particular rubber, it can be a real pain; well over an hour of disassembly and re-assembly replace one bloody rubber in some cases :(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set aside a weekend, depending on the machine. I don't know how GB and TWD are when it comes to replacing all the rubbers but, on my POTC, it was a major job. (It took me most of a weekend (although I made some other changes and fixes while I was at it). Depending on how much stuff you have to remove to get at a particular rubber, it can be a real pain; well over an hour of disassembly and re-assembly replace one bloody rubber in some cases :(

Yes I am anticipating that. TWD doesn't look too bad but GB I reckon will be. Unfortunately Melb's weather is just so cold and shitful at the moment and my pins are in a cold free standing tin garage in this rental property we are in. Maybe I wait for a few months when I am in my new house where there is heating and cooling in the games room? Hopefully it gets a little warmer in Sept for me to do it.

Will be a big job either way.

Yes very nice write up Scott. I know many repace the thin Stern post sleeves with the thicker style standard post sleeves. The ball will definitely bounce more actively of those sleeves when compared to the thin Stern sleeves. Titan actually has Stern style sleeves available and I have them in stock.

Thanks Michi for the kind words and no he did not get paid by Titan lol.

I have almost the entire Titan range in stock except pink and silver colours. They are a special order.

Received my green glow in the dark rubbers for GB and deep blood red rubbers for TWD. Now to find the time to install. Should look great when complete.

Thanks Babak for your swift service and thanks Scott for the idea/thread.

Titan.thumb.jpg.334804c4c6fbb6517227b322244cdf26.jpg

Yes, great post Scott. I too am a fan of Mr Sheen. I spray it directly onto the microfibre cloth, then onto the area I wish to clean. Also a huge fan of the clear PET washers instead of those crappy steel washers that look fugly. I might do my pins with these translucent silicon rubbers. Do you get these from Babak? I assume you can get all the different sizes in them, as ordering could be a nightmare. I guess I just follow the sizes in the manual?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry if this seems like a silly question but what is the difference between titan rubbers, silicon rubbers and supabands? I thought they were one in the same.

Start with the manual but check it against your machine...I recently did FLASH with light Blue titans from Babak but the pinside vs manual vs actual rubbers required were all different.

Some were not mentioned and a whopping 5 & 1/2 inch was actually 3 seperate rubbers...

It never hurts to have a few spare anyway as they really don't cost all that much...

Yes, good idea. Babak owns a GB so he knew exactly what was required for that one as he put the same rubbers on his. TWD on the other hand could be a little out but whatever I am short, I will order from him again. Yes, spare one are good. Cheers.

Yes, good idea. Babak owns a GB so he knew exactly what was required for that one as he put the same rubbers on his. TWD on the other hand could be a little out but whatever I am short, I will order from him again. Yes, spare one are good. Cheers.

keep a record of what you need as I'll be calling you when I'm ready for twd lol

Received my green glow in the dark rubbers for GB and deep blood red rubbers for TWD. Now to find the time to install. Should look great when complete.

Thanks Babak for your swift service and thanks Scott for the idea/thread.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=150848

Now get them on mate. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

UV leds

You need some of these UV leds to activate those glow in the dark bands.

5 UV led tower $3 ea.

5 UV $2 ea.

I know I'm bad making you spend more money lol.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]150956[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150957[/ATTACH]

IMG_20190724_144603.thumb.jpg.c7192f7421835d86275479784bca390b.jpg

IMG_20190724_144827.thumb.jpg.428517ee33cb826af2015f540c73e2a9.jpg

You need some of these UV leds to activate those glow in the dark bands.

5 UV led tower $3 ea.

5 UV $2 ea.

I know I'm bad making you spend more money lol.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=150956https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=150957

Will they not activate when they are lit up with normal light?

To be honest, I really like that green colour of them anyway and don't really care about them 'glowing in the dark' as that's really only a feature one would see and appreciate when the room is in complete darkness or close to it. My games room will never be in darkness when I am in there playing my pins anyway.

Will they not activate when they are lit up with normal light?

To be honest, I really like that green colour of them anyway and don't really care about them 'glowing in the dark' as that's really only a feature one would see and appreciate when the room is in complete darkness or close to it. My games room will never be in darkness when I am in there playing my pins anyway.

Yes but not as intensely. The glow in the dark effect is obviously most effective once the machine is turned off and its dark.

You are right most people buy it for its natural spooky colour. The glow in the dark effect is only an added bonus.

Just replaced TWD rubbers with blood red Titan's. Not fully complete as were a touch short on a couple of sizes - re-ordered some more with Babak.

Just for anyone's info, here is the total of factory black rubbers I removed from TWD Pro:

1766559492_IMG_4851copy.thumb.jpg.1e9562447629942b7d665d12bb00fcc0.jpg

Will post up some pics when PF fully back together.

Also, these are a 'must have' when working on pins, as it makes things so easy than swapping sockets every few mins:

$20 the set, shipped!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/7Pc-Imperial-SAE-Hex-Socket-Drive-Nut-Screwdriver-Set-Mechanic-Tool-3-Shaft/252580983531?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

IMG_4879.thumb.jpg.2bfaf4ae15fe2b730c077bf239f663d5.jpg

Be interested in the correct number and sizes of rubbers for twd Glenn. Any chance of sneaky preview pics? Have been wondering about red on mine.

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Edited by robm

All done in just on 3hrs, but I thought it would take longer. I reckon GB will take longer for sure.

Rubbers changed, playfield cleaned, all nuts/screws/etc, gone over & tightened, cabinet vacuumed out and black flipper bats installed (from original yellow bats). Sept 2016 build date, still less than 700 total plays.......I wish I had more time to play!

The red Titan's have come up great. Very happy.

IMG_4919.thumb.jpg.e484f291989d84e720d3348e8aa75586.jpgIMG_4920.thumb.jpg.f688e9cfb7a2e3d257929d78147b8763.jpgIMG_4921.thumb.jpg.1ab813f4322732d66e31dd1e0e1f246d.jpgIMG_4924.thumb.jpg.49e978886c023f9e5efb0366ed2a21d9.jpgIMG_4926.thumb.jpg.09e09266dc5bb8ae6888d5059c8c69e7.jpgIMG_4927.thumb.jpg.0685b566b2247ce644ad27965b8ceab5.jpgIMG_4929.thumb.jpg.696a75989ea844ba8f38f24effbc965e.jpgIMG_4930.thumb.jpg.b4a52849f586e1862abe24acb6f20e24.jpg

Reckon it will look better in the flesh mate

That was the wine talking last night

I am sure it will look great Glenn’s all over this stuff took him a week to decide on the colour, might pay him a visit over the weekend

Nice work mate but I think black Titian’s would of blended in better the red is to in ya face

I was worried about this too but TWD doesn't really have that many rubbers that are obviously visible. I didn't even have to remove ramps to do the rubber change, although I did have to loosen them and move slightly. The red looks really nice and suits the theme of the game but as we all know mate, pinball is subjective.

As long as you like it.......that’s really all that matters. I’ve tried colours before and used the white Titans for ages, just liked the clean look. The translucents show the LED colour through it a little which I like. The red looks really nice Glenn. I did my mini pf red on TZ which came up nice a few years back.

GB completed late tonight after work. Total time to do the rubber change, clean PF, vacuum inside cab and tighten all screws, nuts, bolts, etc, was just under 4hrs. Glow in the dark green Titan rubbers from Babak. Really happy with how it turned out, although I think the sizing could be a little out given the slingshot rubbers seem big and loose compared to the others. The large rubber under slimer was a pain in the arse to remove but managed to get it in the end after nearly throwing a screwdriver through the garage window!

IMG_5030.thumb.jpg.8190b7bfce2136b39adae6352d0c539a.jpgIMG_5032.thumb.jpg.eb855c2ea134f649a618b1c387d8ced9.jpgIMG_5033.thumb.jpg.3896cc24516b153aa9b6eb9b549a0957.jpg

IMG_5036.thumb.jpg.e6152329b47d1b53926aec51f9d6cb87.jpgIMG_5037.thumb.jpg.c61690106baec85941452130a9c93eb5.jpgIMG_5038.thumb.jpg.65af25a10a2dab4e33c1b32bd4e7eef5.jpgIMG_5035.thumb.jpg.7683950066ee2169935dacd0eeea5160.jpg

Test played and perfect!