Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 31 - Game 1 ~ Donkey Kong ~ [FINISHED]

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First attempt of the night but 2nd or 3rd over the past couple days. Was only running boards though. Yeah getting the rust off was the plan.

Going to be much different with a joystick though

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Although I haven't beaten my MAME PB at NW, I actually find the joystick better than keyboard on this game. I'm sure you'll take no time getting used to it.

Nice work.

What is your PB?

I'm gonna play a bit more before this is over - hoping to increase my score a bit more.

i want to say 360Kish. This is one game I keep going back to but then rapidly leave once I return... it's very frustrating and very grindy.

i want to say 360Kish. This is one game I keep going back to but then rapidly leave once I return... it's very frustrating and very grindy.

I can't remember my PB either without consulting DKF - I'm gonna say 312k because I'm too lazy to look it up :lol

Either way, looks like I'll need to keep playing to keep ahead of you :)

It is a bit grindy - but more frustrating when you see people like *cough* Barra *cough* take it up and KS it in no time flat.

First game on DK for quite awhile so making it to rd4 is ok for me......I have made it through rd4 a couple of times......I remember working out the timing of the rd4 girders myself in the arcades but even if you know the count it's still not easy. I dunno if I will play that much this time but I really enjoyed having a game this arvo and reliving the colours and sounds :)

http://i.imgur.com/u6Bbdkzh.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107385[/ATTACH]

I used JAR instead of my usual CBS for this one... not sure that I want to change....

I hadn't ever tried to play Donkey Kong before the Kong off last year, had never been to the springs and didn't even know there was a pie stage before then, I managed to score 91000 for that competition and now I seem to have forgotten almost everything I learnt. I hope to find some more time to play.... real life really does get in the way sometimes.... I can't even blame my Virtual Pinball project as I am not finding time for it either.

94,700 ... started as a speedrun, fell apart... like they all seem to.

Don't feel like you are the only one, Donkey Kong is a tough game, speed or jump for points ... maybe you can beat your PB on this one?

- - - Updated - - -

I hadn't ever tried to play Donkey Kong before the Kong off last year, had never been to the springs and didn't even know there was a pie stage before then, I managed to score 91000 for that competition and now I seem to have forgotten almost everything I learnt.

Maybe the trick here is to forget everything you learnt, just like before, and score 91K again as a starters ... then improve your score ... :024:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107321[/ATTACH]

You may as well make another profile image bet as things really can't get any worse than they are right now. You could only gain from such a wager at this point. ;)

Thanks @magrinder . Yep I'm willing to make another bet on the profile pic thing if @bigredbird fancys himself to beat me this round. But he knows if he loses it won't be pretty [emoji4][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

This game is just brutal.

Oh yes. Oh yes it is. To top off the beauty of it's brutality, it takes forever to get to 150K. Forever. Then... all your hard work is whisked away in seconds!

I had a nice 150K game today, with all guys in tow. I was super optimistic and sure enough, a minute or so later it was all gone. Brutal indeed.

Too early for tips? I'm going to be rebellious and give one out anyway.

I am struggling with wild barrels.

My tip to you: you should probably avoid these.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]107321[/ATTACH]

You may as well make another profile image bet as things really can't get any worse than they are right now. You could only gain from such a wager at this point. ;)

Thanks @magrinder . Yep I'm willing to make another bet on the profile pic thing if @bigredbird fancys himself to beat me this round. But he knows if he loses it won't be pretty.

There are a few reasons why I won't take that bet.

1) I have made no secret of my fear of churgs on this game.

2) This is churgs signature game (He thinks its Mr. Do but it's clearly not). He prides himself on his ability to play this game well. I have never been able to achieve his personal best score.

3) I will probably get banned from this forum (and possibly arrested - at least investigated) if churgs gets to select my profile pic. I have had plenty of exposure to what happens in churgs mind (and life) and it is far from wholesome.