Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 35 - Game 7 ~ BurgerTime (closes 3-Jun)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like all games, there are those that love it and those that hate it.

I am in the love camp for BurgerTime.

I think this comes from playing this back in my local corner store back in the early 80s. I didn't really know how to play it back then but still found it appealing and put plenty of coins through it.

Around 18 months ago my high score on this was around 42,000.

Last week I got my new PB of just over 1.1 million.

(Edit: PB is now 1,261,550)

(Edit2: PB is now 1,336,650)

I have a few tips that may help increase your score.

To clear a level you must drop all the pieces of each burger by running across each piece while avoiding the enemies (hot dog, pickle, egg).

If you drop a piece it will fall down one level. If it lands on another piece then that will also fall down one level.

The enemies can be temporarily disabled by throwing pepper on them. Extra pepper can be collected by getting the centre prize that occasionally appears.

The enemies have a basic way of tracking and following you. If you are higher than them, they will head up to you. If you are lower, they will come down to you. They will (almost always) take each ladder on the way to getting you. They will move horizontally across the screen until they reach each ladder and then decide to go up or down that ladder based on your location. It is easy to manipulate or steer the enemies around the levels knowing they will follow this behaviour.

Basic strategy

Work your way from the top down, letting each ingredient push the lower pieces down and squash enemies that are underneath as you go. Use pepper for defence if you are cornered.

This will get you through the first few levels until you run out of pepper and have no defence when you are cornered.

Advanced strategy

Conserve Pepper

Never use pepper as a defensive weapon. There is a better use for pepper than getting out of a tricky situation. It is better to lose a life than use a pepper. Extra lives come around very quickly in BurgerTime, you gain an extra life every 20,000 points. In higher levels of the game, the careful use of pepper can get you 16,000 points per drop of an ingredient.

Group the enemies

If you manage to have an enemy right behind you as you run over and drop an ingredient, it will fall down with that ingredient. This not only gives you extra points, it also makes the piece fall an extra level. If you manage to get multiple enemies on a falling piece, you can make the ingredient fall from the top all the way to the bottom in one go.

Your aim should be to have all the enemies fall with every piece. This is done by 'grouping'.

To group the enemies you will need to 'steer' them around the screen by 'tricking' them to go up or down ladders until you have all the ingredients running around very close together. If you are even slightly up or down a ladder as the enemy approaches horizontally they will take the first up or down opportunity. If the enemy is approaching vertically, they will turn left or right based on their position relative to you. Move around the screen 'steering' the enemies until they are close together.

When you have them close you will be able to throw a pepper (or two) on them. They will be temporarily disabled but when they begin moving again they will all be on top of each other and moving as one enemy. When you have them moving as one it is much easier to stay alive (one vs. multiple enemies) but more importantly, it is easy to guide them to follow you and drop all of them down with each ingredient.

Ideally, when you have them grouped, you will drop ingredients from the bottom and work your way up. This will maximise points because you will get bonus points for every piece. If you started doing this at the top, there is only limited opportunity to score as all the pieces will fall all the way to the bottom in one drop.

Plan around the Pepper Bonus

After you drop a certain number of ingredients, the Pepper bonus prize will appear. You will need to develop some patterns that allow you to be near where the prize generates when you drop the appropriate number of pieces. You need to collect as much pepper as possible.

Don't trust the enemies

I mentioned above that the enemies 'almost always' take every ladder. You need to be on the lookout for any rogue ingredients that choose to occasionally ignore this rule and run straight toward you. Be ready to move at any moment.

I hope that helps you to increase your score and get some more understanding and enjoyment of this great game.

Edited by bigredbird