Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

*** WORLD VIDEO GAMING CHALLENGE - TWIN GALAXIES - submit your scores ***

OOO

amazing score @Barra. Well done! Pipped him by 103k. that's close over such a massive points scoring game!

Will mr krogman have another crack, surely. Could be the start of a long battle :D or has it been going on for a while already ?

A brief history on the record:

Record set by Stephen Krogman in (Jan?) 1998 - 5,405,930 - A record that stood for 16 years.

Broken by myself on April 13th 2014 - 5,524,600

Re-broken by Krogman on 14th Jan 2016 - 5,679,450

Re-broken by myself on 13th November 2016 - 5,782,510

Krogman still holds the Arcade WR from 1989 (year I was born! :o) with 15,999,990

We are both capable of much higher scores. My best with 5 ships (tournament settings) is 4,184,390.

Stephen has done over 10m on an arcade machine several times.

:)

A brief history on the record:

Record set by Stephen Krogman in (Jan?) 1998 - 5,405,930 - A record that stood for 16 years.

Broken by myself on April 13th 2014 - 5,524,600

Re-broken by Krogman on 14th Jan 2016 - 5,679,450

Re-broken by myself on 13th November 2016 - 5,782,510

Krogman still holds the Arcade WR from 1989 (year I was born! :o) with 15,999,990

We are both capable of much higher scores. My best with 5 ships (tournament settings) is 4,184,390.

Stephen has done over 10m on an arcade machine several times.

i love how you are both eclipsing the other by only 100k or so each time. is there a reason for that ?

i love how you are both eclipsing the other by only 100k or so each time. is there a reason for that ?

None at all except probably pressure I think. As I said we are both capable of much higher but I think the burden of someone else's score to beat adds another element to it.

I'd like to have a few runs while I still have the record, it may keep the mind at ease and lead to better play. Thats sort've what happened with my 4.1m TGTS game -- it was not long after the 20,000,000 game (which was later found out to be cheated) was posted and accepted by everyone. No pressure felt on my end so I just went with the flow and played naturally, which resulted in a massive PB for myself.

My score got accepted :)

http://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5223

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Bugger. I don't log into TG very much, and didn't even know you beat the WR - would have been an easy "yes" vote to get me more points too.

Congrats on the score.

I bet Stephen will have you in his sights to take the record back, that is the great thing about playing a game where others are actively competing for the record.

In TG/AA record related news - I haven't touched BnJ in over a year - I'm working on my BnJ score tracker software again (lost it after a hdd crash) - got my machine set up and ready to go, so I'll be giving the streaming and score tracker a test run this weekend. Bit of practice, and then hopefully either this weekend or the next I'm gonna give it the 10 million game a shot. Very doubtful it will happen, but I'll at least get back playing again and hopefully get the confidence that I can score 10mil that I've always said I would like to make.

It's the inner gamer in both of them acknowledging how good %age scoring systems are :lol

Well done Barra - don't know how you guys can get such massive scores.

What is score tracker software?

I'll post a screen shot when I'm done. Basically it just let's me record a few stats while I'm playing so that I have some idea what score I'm on track for. I guess the most important thing is tracking how many lives you have left, after you've been playing a game for a while it's surprisingly hard to remember how many lives you've lost.

Essentially the most important thing it tells me is that if I've lost 7 of my 36 lives, and my score is say 1,034,000 then if I carry on at this average per life my final score will be 5,317,714 (1,034,000 divided by 7 multiplied by 36). I keep an eye on this estimated score and can tell easily when I'm going backwards. I also calculate how many points I'm scoring per hour, when you are going to try for a score like 10,000,000 in a game that doesn't allow you to take breaks, you want to get there as quickly as possible.

What is score tracker software?

It's not totally finished, but this is how the score tracker sort of looks/works:

tracker.png.24ddeb5bd6d7bef8a32f9ab2f518d315.png

Did a bit more work on the tracker today, hopefully tomorrow it will be finished. Had to get XSplit working again after my last HDD crash - think it's working now, so fingers crossed I'll give a test stream a go tomorrow.

Anyone that wants to tune it - the stream is http://www.twitch.tv/mrbumpnjump - there should be an option to subscribe so that you get an email alert when I'm streaming :)

I missed reading your post 2 days ago on this thread and just read the news (too much MGLing) ...

Congratulations ... what an amazing achievement ... the World Record again! ... Stephen and yourself are great competitors on this game ... I can see a movie coming up with you two in it ... something like ...

"Let's Blow Galaga To Hell" or "Barrow and Krogman Meet The Galagas" ...

- - - Updated - - -

... so I'll be giving the streaming and score tracker a test run this weekend. Bit of practice, and then hopefully either this weekend or the next I'm gonna give it the 10 million game a shot.

Great news John .. you are the master of this game ... Good Luck with your gaming ...

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing a bit of Bump n Jump on MAME recently ... it's a fun game ... and I sent John73 a PM recently on my progress and the funny side of playing this game ...

The game came up recently in MGL28 and I played getting so close to the million ... well I thought like BITD, I'd like to score the million again, so I played a bit more to get there.

Was happy to hit 2 million on BnJ yesterday and I thought I would post on TG for verification ... I tried to upload the 1.5GB wmv file on the TG website and after trying twice and waiting 10 hours, I could not submit the video. So I just posted my inp and wlf files so people can watch the play and I put up a couple of screenshots.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Score80_zpsojal0f4d.jpg

Here is a link to the submission ... http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/165090-M-A-M-E-Bump-n-Jump-Points-2-020-660-Paul-Hornitzky

It's not a first place and that was not the plan. However it's news and now we may have 3 Aussies at 1,2,3 ... :)

• 1 month later...
Looks like @Barra has some competition on Galaga ... nice score too ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104720[/ATTACH]

You know how you hear about all these cricket players - like the McDermott's who are now playing well, Boof Leehman's son Jake, the Marsh boys (who I think suck, but their dad did probably worse than them as a player) - they all turned out to be great or at least possibly better players because of their heritage.

I'm just thinking out loud here - Barra, are you married or in a relationship? Tell me if I'm getting too personal and I'll tell you to get stuffed anyway :lol

This young lady has a nice smile and is good looking (IMO if that counts for anything) and is good at Galaga - maybe she is single and looking for a guy?

Can you imagine your offspring? TG records would fall left, right and centre if you two hooked up.

I say we start a GoFundMe campaign to get her over to Australia in March and see if sparks fly :) Improving the human race by breeding those with the best genetic genes is a good thing (which is why I don't plan to reproduce). I say we do our best to create the ultimate Galaga player. @Barra - it is up to you, we as a community will help out in any way possible :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

• 3 months later...

It has been some time now that Twin Galaxies is under new ownership ... maybe some will call it old ownership now.

So time to rekindle the purpose of this thread and highlight what is happening at the world level at TG ... and what are AA members up to?

There is a great number of stories and scores to be told. I can only tell you some of these and you will need to tell the rest. So here goes for one of these mini updates ...

@kane has recently put in a massive score on Pac-man of 1,391,910 ... and he said he has Pac-man fever too ... what a great score ... and no.13 in the world!

Plus he has a new world record on Space Chaser, which was accepted by adjudication only 2 days ago ... excellent gaming ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/KaneRecords2_zps65csjfai.png

On the MAME Top Skill Index, kane has broken into the Top 100 as you can see below ... who else can you see that's from AA?

@RMacauley was no.1 in the world 6 months ago and now Rodrigo Lopes has taken the top position by 56 points.

@Barra and @CWK are steadily moving up over the last few months within the Top 10 ... they seem to be on a mission.

@magrinder and @terencew are steadily moving up too ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TGMAME170429Master_1_zpsakyzrj59.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TGMAME170429Master_2_zpsx8wymfim.png

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/TGMAME170429Master_3_zpsioc3iat0.png

One other headline is that John73 has setup a new track for Bump n Jump at TG ... I'll let @John73 tell this one ... and he's put in a score today ...

Maybe @bigredbird and @churgs will play and submit their best ever Mr Do! score, yet to come, with TG too!

All AA members, no matter which country you are from, are invited to post your personal and TG gaming goals, achievements and news on this thread.

Just read page 1 for the challenge in arcade, MAME, Phone or console gaming!

:alien:

Edited by OOO

@kane has recently put in a massive score on Pac-man of 1,391,910 ... and he said he has Pac-man fever too ... what a great score ... and no.13 in the world!

Plus he has a new world record on Space Chaser, which was accepted by adjudication only 2 days ago ... excellent gaming ...

Yerp, after working my arse off for only 110k on Pac-Man in the MGL, I thought I'd try my hand at using some patterns. Once I got the hang of it I had to keep going until I rolled the score.

Space Chaser is patternable as well so developed some patterns for that too, the other scores on TG are really low, MARP has some much bigger than mine though.

What has 000 been up to on TG lately?

He is too humble to talk about himself :)

A little birdie told me he an alright game of Gyruss recently ;)

- - - Updated - - -

One other headline is that John73 has setup a new track for Bump n Jump at TG ... I'll let @John73 tell this one ... and he's put in a score today ...

5 life + 1 bonus life only variation. But there could be some issues with the track and ROM to be used. Just trying to get a bit of interest in the game.

I really should submit more to TG. Might setup my Wolf MAME a bit better to record every game I play in the MGL. Need to get more scores from all the MGLers in to the TG database.

Congrats on the Pac-Man score @kane - massive.

OOO has been submitting some stellar scores to TG recently. Including #1 Pengo submissions on both arcade and MAME, and an enormous Gyruss submission which took over half a day!!

Not TG related but I did score a new PB on DK3 the other day.....http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?topic=1664.msg30582#msg30582

(TG settings are medium difficulty)

Yerp, after working my arse off for only 110k on Pac-Man in the MGL, I thought I'd try my hand at using some patterns. Once I got the hang of it I had to keep going until I rolled the score.

Space Chaser is patternable as well so developed some patterns for that too, the other scores on TG are really low, MARP has some much bigger than mine though.

It's incredible that you went from 110K in MGL31 over two weeks to 1391K a short time later.

I am really glad you tried some patterns. I'd rather see gamers improve than not progress. Again a fantastic score ... and I think you can improve on that score one day ... ;)

Maybe you can head out to Netherworld and go for a Pac-man arcade world score ... say 1.5 million?

As far as what I have been playing at TG submission level, John73 and Barra have summed up in their posts above what I have submitted that have been accepted. I also had my Zoo Keeper Extreme Settings submission accepted today, which was a really tough score to get ... and I do love Zoo Keeper, a cult classic for me. It's terrific that @lexmark is the world champion on normal settings for this game in arcade and MAME. He is a legend at this game ... and he may have to play Moon Shuttle again.

- - - Updated - - -

Not TG related but I did score a new PB on DK3 the other day.....http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?topic=1664.msg30582#msg30582

(TG settings are medium difficulty)

I have to be careful with using too many superlatives ... nah if it is warranted, stuff it ... you scored 1,067,500 on DK3 hard settings ... wow that is excellent game play.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/BarraDK3_zpsb1ek9ogz.png

The DKF have heaped a lot of praise on you, and deservedly so ... outstanding! I watched your 1 million on DK via Twitch from 2015 about 3 weeks ago, and you are a superb gamer of DK and many other games.

I really do hope that many other AA members and future members enjoy their gaming and try to compete in the world competitions of the MGL, TG and other tournaments. To play your best and being verified as no.20 in the world on your favourite game like Mr Do!, Crush Roller, Turtles, Pooyan or whatever else would be a great achievement. It's the tough journey, learning and the friends you make along the way ... http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Pacman_Machine_zpsb3b61f58.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Not a fan of self promotion but my first Arcade submission to TG was accepted...

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/172044

Super stoked. Not a WR but definitely not complaining!!! Need to get back to smash it out of the park. We'll see....

A fantastic score on 5 ships ... I was there!

http://i.imgur.com/Kj7GOl0.png

Congratulations ... now 2 x Andrews on top of the scoreboard.

Caught up with Settle It On the Screen last night and look what I found ... https://www.facebook.com/TwinGalaxies/videos/10155300436989904/

http://i.imgur.com/XyqRn5C.png

A great score! I think this could be @Bishop83 ... nice shorts ... and looks like a Wonderboy marquee in the background.

We'll just have to wait a little while to find out ... :)

Wonderboy

On the subject of Wonderboy - for those in Brisbane or close enough to it - The Wonderboy cab is now working again and sited at Netherworld with what we think is a 100% legit Sega board. We'll know sooner rather than later as someone from AA is going to submit a score on TG in the next day or two. Any Wonderboy fans in the area who want to get their name in lights on the TG Arcade track for this game, keep an eye on this thread.

Also spotted as was an original Asteroids machine being sited as I was leaving today. Rumour has it that the awesome Moon Patrol will soon have an original Williams board in it - lots and lots of arcade scores will soon be hitting TG from Aussies (and the odd Kiwi).

- - - Updated - - -

And I also hear that a Q*Bert machine is on the radar - would love to play an original Q PCB. Lots happening at Netherworld, if you get the chance, get along and have a look.

Caught up with Settle It On the Screen last night

Did they say that you were from Oregon, USA for your Terra Cresta score? What's up with that, more TG hiccups I suppose :017: