Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Freight and Transport

HI, bit of help please;). Does any one know of any Furniture companies that do Newcastle/central coast/Sydney to Adelaide. In this case I don't really want to use e.go as these are older games and I would like them wrapped and strapped with legs on for these ones. cheers Jeff

• 1 month later...
HI, bit of help please;). Does any one know of any Furniture companies that do Newcastle/central coast/Sydney to Adelaide. In this case I don't really want to use e.go as these are older games and I would like them wrapped and strapped with legs on for these ones. cheers Jeff

I recently used igor from a-z removals $250 cash from balina to doonside

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/liverpool/removals-storage/backload-interstate-removals-melbourne-brisbane-sydney/283999533

I have been investigating these guys for getting a pin shipped from the US

http://www.shipporter.com/

Anyone used them? Seems reasonable.

For a pin 150x80x80, 150kg it's $545 to Melbourne.

They also have a 20% off sale at the moment.

My question is, how does customs decide if you need to quarantine an item? And how high can costs run on this?

Have you done the shipment from the US yet? I'm thinking of moving a couple over, and wondered how you went with this company.

• 1 month later...

I used "Tea tree gully" removals recently to move two pins Gosford to Adelaide with legs on. Apparently they move a lot of pins. They are based in Adelaide.

http://www.whitepages.com.au/business-listing/tea-tree-gully-removals-storage-australia-wide-1011665/pooraka-sa

Edited by Railways
added link

• 2 months later...
I used Tea Tree Gully removals to move a pinball from Sydney to Adelaide recently. They gave the cheapest quote by $200. They were a little rough with the pin when unloading it, and also delivered it a couple of days later than planned. But they but did warn me when I booked that they were flat out with deliveries being so close to Christmas.

E-Go, but do it "depot to depot"

Pack it yourself, drop it off at the depot/agent in Mackay and get the receiver to collect it from the depot in Melb. If you strap it to a pallet (the only way to go) it will be forked on and off trucks and not handled by beanheads.

I've never had an issue using E-Go this way, it's when you want the local delivery yobbos to get involved it sometimes ends in tears....according to some experiences reported

EDIT: just noticed you are in Melb - better talk to the guy in Mackay and see if he will pack it correctly and take it to the E-Go depot - otherwise I would use a furniture removalist.

Hi guys, need to move a pin from Mackay to melb any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I agree with Mike. I've used e-go 4 times in the last couple of years, never a problem. THanks to Skywalkers advice, I send a large roll of bubble wrap to the origin via ebay (cheap as) to help them along, and get them to pop it on a palate. Always arrived perfectly, and around $300 mark from Melb to Gold Coast.

Waiting for Drakula and Jurrasic Park to arrive next week!

I just bought a pinball and is being delivered from Vic to Newcastle by Transdirect Freight. Cost was $250 (the sender put it on a pallet). It was picked up from Victoria yesterday and is now in Sydney. Looks like it will be delivered by Toll Ipec to me. Very happy with the timeframe as it is now.

• 2 months later...
I have booked a machine to be picked up from Sydney and delivered to Adelaide for $350 through Delco Removals.

blanket wrapped and looked after. Just got the number from the Yellow pages.

Also used Alladins before for the same trip,excellent service but a little more expensive.

Thanks for the tip on Delco, I just used them to ship a pin from Sydney to Adelaide depot to depot for $275.00. Very reasonable price & excellent customer service, really helped out at the Adelaide depot & looked after the pin for transit. Great family business, Recommend them!

Nearly used e-go which was only about $30.00 less, clearly no choice at all.

Thanks for the tip on Delco, I just used them to ship a pin from Sydney to Adelaide depot to depot for $275.00. Very reasonable price & excellent customer service, really helped out at the Adelaide depot & looked after the pin for transit. Great family business, Recommend them!

Nearly used e-go which was only about $30.00 less, clearly no choice at all.

Wtf they gave you a better price than my special price to Sydney of $280.:)

They are absolutely fantastic and very helpful and friendly, best service I have ever used.

Glad they looked after you.

Delco only go to Melbourne though and then it's freighted to Sydney with Baulkham Hills Removals.

Wtf they gave you a better price than my special price to Sydney of $280.:)

They are absolutely fantastic and very helpful and friendly, best service I have ever used.

Glad they looked after you.

Delco only go to Melbourne though and then it's freighted to Sydney with Baulkham Hills Removals.

Yes, Baulkham hills removals was who Delco hook up with & the booking was done with them.

Baulham hills removals were great to deal with also.

hi guys

any advice on companies to use sending machine to vic from gold coast-door to door.ive used ego before and had no issues but not for a high end machine, and I already got a quote from prestige freight.

hi guys

any advice on companies to use sending machine to vic from gold coast-door to door.ive used ego before and had no issues but not for a high end machine, and I already got a quote from prestige freight.

I'll do it door to door for $500

hi guys

Hy tech transport.

Peter 0412 964707

I have used him 4 times now all high end and no damage. Luke has been using him for ages and a few others as well. Just for your info.

Sent from somewhere in the void!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have read most of the pages of this thread and contiunally see prices quoted around the $250-$400 mark. I just got quoted $764 to transport my pin (TAF) from ipswich to sydney, door to door. Have I just been reading old posts or is that just what is costs now? (pin has to be palleted at pick up and delivered to my appartment on the first floor, so 2 flights of stairs)

I know thats only one quote but I don't hold out much hope of any of the others being that much cheaper.