Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb Centigrade 37

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gottlieb Centigrade 37

Advice needed. When I go to put the new side rail nails in should I pre drill the holes and then push the nails in? I don't want to dent the new rails.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Pre drill is a must and nail the spiral nails in only enough to just grab the side rails don’t over nail them in otherwise it will look like crap and because they pull in and it will stand out like dogs balls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks Rob. Do you hit the head of the nails with a hammer? And the last bit do you push them in? Or put some tape over them to stop a hammer scratching. The side rails look great and I dont want to dent or scratch them.

I just use a normal hammer hit straight on the heads but take my time to be careful with each nail, you could use a punch if you like but be careful so it doesn’t slip on the rounded heads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Side rails are on. Still got to clean my grubby paw marks and the sticky residue off them.bd280e3578352c13986e150b65c26573.jpg1177a342381abd0f7e95f7f7501a09ca.jpg423dc8561e5e76132363a4aecd7449e3.jpg

Didn’t they come with the protective plastic film on them that you remove after installing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Windex cleaned up the side rails nicely. I have now put the head on and playfield in. Still need to put the top apron together and back on. A few more issues I found:

10amp fuse tripped for lights behind the backglass. I went to jaycar and got some alligator leads and a resettable circuit breaker. This thing is fantastic for testing. No need to buy 30 fuses. I cleaned some light sockets and got rid of all old #44s and replaced with #47s . Still need to get some #455 flashers but now the breaker is no longer tripping.

I tried to reset and start a game. The score reels still arent 100% (need springs)but they are resetting. The R relay isnt pulling in. The drawing says it is the hold relay. After hours of looking at this and that I found the r relay and looked at the manual; there is a start up sequence that it mentions which I found very helpful. it said to check the tilt switches and anti cheat switches (which was also shown in the drawing). Ended up simply being dirty contacts on the tilt switch inside the door.

Cleaned up almost all contacts and now almost everything is working good.

The flippers need a rebuild which is next on my list. The credits unit is stuck but I will leave that for the moment. The playfield is in okay condition so im not going to touch it up just a quick clean and wax. New thermometer ribbon soon too. More to come with photos.26e5e96f266285a457afcf97490e4f20.jpgfe8e2a2103ebfb784e81ee5f5f5ba79a.jpg

Printed some new scorecards and 20c 1 play labels thanks to Inkochnito. Red leds behind the coin entry plates look fantastic (photos dont do it justice) Also under the faded coloured inserts (red purple and green) they look nice. The leds dont look bright in person only.when I take a photo...8f2a76c8c5444789dbc0f5c3e1cca3bf.jpg6f5e24ebdbd1f638fe934ef01434d872.jpg3b154afded88ab8f5f271aa649e3f318.jpg

It isnt touching even though the photo looks like it is. Will need to suss that out too.

Your tilt ring need to be shifted towards the front of the cabinet. The plumb bob on the ring like that will also stop the hold relay latching.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Graeme. Welcome to Aussie Arcade. Maybe head over to the introduction page and tell us a bit about yourself and what your latest project is. Yes it will be but I want $1001 for it. Unfortunately thats out of your price range.

Is this for sale when finished?

Pinball rescue playfield plastics arrived the other day. Started putting these on today along with new acorn speed nuts, screws, posts, and washers. Looking good. Also put the instruction cards in. Im used to the yellowed card on new white. The custom decal is on. It was not packaged well. It just had a do not bend tag with some flimsy card. The decal arrived bent. The holes dont line up with my screw holes and the missus applied the sticker (yes a sticker not a decal) a bit on the piss. Im a bit disappointed with the decal. But it still looks okay... kinda...9648866ab3e0c3fc7688e1e1e1abd2df.jpg6c5c5a7ed183eaf3e2d4c4fe17bbfaf8.jpgb334f170c1cbc505ce6db39cabfe4629.jpg

Edited by kimbleseven

Still need to do the pop bumpers. Need to solder to change those...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Yes. It's sometimes easier to get new pop bumper sockets rather than trying to get enough solder off the old ones to get them out of the bodies. You still have to do soldering either way.

I have been tweaking a few things to get the game to play correctly. Adjusted a few switch contacts and things are working pretty good. After a 5 ball game the ball drains and it says game over- but the ball kicks out to shooter lane when it is meant to stay put. any tips on why this is happening?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk