Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 28 - Game 3 ~ Popeye ~ [FINISHED]

Reading your posts this weekend, I was amazed how great and funny you guys are! Where did all the poets come from?

All of the posts were brilliant ... hilarious and very informative on game play and equipment. Awesome!

Here's a Popeye scoreboard update ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Popeye1_zpso3debbua.png

It's so good to see so many eats ya SPINACH ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/EatsYaSpinach_zpsb5fvlhwt.gif

14 days to go ...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm popeye the sailor man

I live in the dunny can

That is all I can remember of what we used to sing as a kid, can't remember the rest of it :(

- - - Updated - - -

Been a while since I played this. PB from the first Yolympics was around 120k. Very frustrating as I remember too, going to be a hard grind to keep up with you lot on this one! :)

It's a real worry that you don't like this game and your PB is nearly 40k better than the best submitted score so far :rolleyes

It's a real worry that you don't like this game and your PB is nearly 40k better than the best submitted score so far :rolleyes

Doubt I'll come close to that mark. I really had to grind for that score

When I first checked the scoreboard it looked like it was unbeatable.

It is written like this:

ED_209 83,400

I thought some guy called ED had scored over 20 million!

Now THAT score would last! :) That's like a cRaZy Mr. Do! sized score!

Starting to improve on this got through the third stage for the first time ever and scored this PB :) don't think I will be making making the top three in this one though :)

http://i.imgur.com/lpCyX8vh.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94640[/ATTACH]

I'm popeye the sailor man

I live in the dunny can

That is all I can remember of what we used to sing as a kid, can't remember the rest of it :(

We used to sing this:

I'm Popeye the sailor man

I live in a garbage can

I eat all the worms

And spit out the germs

I'm Popeye the sailor man (toot toot)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94681[/ATTACH]

I think I got to round 5 on this one... I thought it was round 6 but Barra said round 6 isn't a boat level and I don't remember seeing anything different.

Barra seems to be finding extra points somewhere too.... :sm1:

0002.png.dd993ead5076244cc0cb4511788ec9cb.png

Dying twice on the first stage doesn't help, but oh well it's a small improvement. Supposed to hag down rain this weekend, so maybe I'll have a chance to try and beat the 3rd level which I don't think I've ever managed.

Dying twice on the first stage doesn't help, but oh well it's a small improvement. Supposed to hag down rain this weekend, so maybe I'll have a chance to try and beat the 3rd level which I don't think I've ever managed.

A small improvement is great. There are greater improvements to come. Given that you're facing "hag down" rain this weekend, I have every confidence that you'll see the end of board three. Now hag down is interesting, as I wasn't even able to readily find it's definition in a fast google search. Usually I can find the Aussie slang, but not this time! Though again, like most slang, it's easy enough to assume the general meaning and not be far off the mark.

At the risk of prematurely giving out pre week one tips, I'll instead give out a general gaming tip (that may or may not apply to Popeye:rolleyes). Clear the boards and don't worry about anything else. I suspect that it would be fair to say for any game that it's most difficult to score points if one is not alive. "What about the *******" you might ask, or "what about ***** ***" might be a possible inquiry as well. To these vague pre week one, plausible yet not asked inquiries, I would suggest, though not formally... to CLEAR THE BOARD and not to worry about anything else at all. :045::045::045::045:

The end of board three awaits you John!

You think he'd played this before or something :D

I've got more than a few hours into this game, yes. Galaga is to Barra as Popeye is to me. For better or worse, I've easily logged more hours into Popeye than any other game by a long shot.

As for what round "," represents, I don't recall. I used to have a chart somewhere, but can't readily locate it. I generally average around 60K for all three boards, so roughly 20K per board or so. At a guess, round "," is board 37 or 38.

@bigredbird I expect heavy increases on this game from you in particular sir. You can either choose to be a Mr. Don't or a Mr. Do!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]94725[/ATTACH]

0005.png.48640920bf422ed0d16878dbad3fa7ab.png

Last two letters on the screen of level 3 and I died :(

- - - Updated - - -

Given that you're facing "hag down" rain this weekend, I have every confidence that you'll see the end of board three. Now hag down is interesting, as I wasn't even able to readily find it's definition in a fast google search. Usually I can find the Aussie slang, but not this time! Though again, like most slang, it's easy enough to assume the general meaning and not be far off the mark.

Aussie slang varies from region to region, so even some Aussies may not be familiar with the expression. It's means to rain heavily as you probably guessed, a slightly cruder way of saying it is that it's going to "piss down". We got smashed with rain a couple of weeks ago, about 170mm where I live - other parts slightly more south had upwards of 400mm in a 24hr period which is a fair bit of the wet stuff. Then there are other parts of Australia that haven't seen 400mm of rain total in the last 10 years.

@bigredbird I expect heavy increases on this game from you in particular sir. You can either choose to be a Mr. Don't or a Mr. Do!

Ha ha. Ok, I'll choose to be Mr.Do and have a crack at it.

I'm aiming to get at least 100K (I originally thought that would be enough to win it):o

Please tell me, Is it pronounced mag-rinder or ma-grinder?

I need to know for when I am cursing you during gameplay.

Ha ha. Ok, I'll choose to be Mr.Do and have a crack at it.

I'm aiming to get at least 100K (I originally thought that would be enough to win it):o

Please tell me, Is it pronounced mag-rinder or ma-grinder?

I need to know for when I am cursing you during gameplay.

I knew you would be a Mr. Do! You can do it!

As for the name, lol, I don't know. I needed a twitch name and came up with that. My real name is Max and I tend to grind on games. I didn't like maxgrinder (though it's my ps4 account name) so I made magrinder. I've heard the letters M.A. grinder and I've heard ma (like a nick for mother). Now, for the first time I've heard "mag." :) As I signed up at AA right when I signed up at twitch maybe 5-6 MGLs ago, for no reason in particular I ended up using the same name for both sites.

Short story... call me whatever you wish. What's in a name? The important thing is that you feel no hesitation or discomfort in cursing me out! It should be a very fluid process with rewards equating to your expectations. :115: