Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Star Trek colour DMD announced

JOKERPOKER

Thanks Scott, chroma.rom is for the A1 boards ( chroma ) and colordmd.rom if for the REV 1 thru to 1.4

chroma.rom will not be detected however renaming the file to colordmd detects it. Sweet in a few moments ill have a game, no lights on the controller board now and nothing coming up on the front screen.

Ill try reinstalling the firmware to see if that works, or resetting the 40-pin LVDS cable that connects the circuit board and LCD display so that can reset the dmd.

Moving forward, has anyone successfully installed a REV 1.3A board with chroma.rom and if so did they rename the file so that it can be recognized.

Cheers.

You cant use the chroma rom on REV1.3 boards

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Scott, chroma.rom is for the A1 boards ( chroma ) and colordmd.rom if for the REV 1 thru to 1.4

chroma.rom will not be detected however renaming the file to colordmd detects it. Sweet in a few moments ill have a game, no lights on the controller board now and nothing coming up on the front screen.

Ill try reinstalling the firmware to see if that works, or resetting the 40-pin LVDS cable that connects the circuit board and LCD display so that can reset the dmd.

Moving forward, has anyone successfully installed a REV 1.3A board with chroma.rom and if so did they rename the file so that it can be recognized.

Cheers.

Mine is rev Chroma A1 sorry for the mislead. . Did not rename file. Remember to save as like they show. I save mine to desktop and then send to removable disk E. Then check that it is in there as chroma.rom

Well choke my chicken !

Firefox wouldn't show me the link however explorer did, anyways downloaded it with explorer and now we are off and racing !

Cleared cache, flushed dns.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117915[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]117916[/ATTACH]

- Con

Great Richard Pryor movie!

Mr Koops, ya tripping me man :blink: where is it, I only see Star Trek The Next Generation ColorDMD 3.2 ROM Update

Sweet, chroma it is.

Cheers fellas lets see how it goes.

- Con

It's right there I swear!

ad60d67c1a50069e2175158e3b73db3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All color dmd's ordered. RIP my wallet!

Anyone know what the stern required shield and spacers are actually made of?

http://www.colordmd.com/Mounting%20for%20New%20Stern%20Cabinets.pdf

I'm assuming the washers are just nylon or plastic and the shield itself is plastic.

I was considering swapping out my IJ while I wait for the new ones to arrive.

All color dmd's ordered. RIP my wallet!

Anyone know what the stern required shield and spacers are actually made of?

http://www.colordmd.com/Mounting%20for%20New%20Stern%20Cabinets.pdf

I'm assuming the washers are just nylon or plastic and the shield itself is plastic.

I was considering swapping out my IJ while I wait for the new ones to arrive.

It is a good kit for the newer metal backboxes, comes with clear shield and hex nuts to raise it off the DMD. I thought it was well thought out and priced.

It is a good kit for the newer metal backboxes, comes with clear shield and hex nuts to raise it off the DMD. I thought it was well thought out and priced.

Wish it was available when we ordered as we had to bodge ours to fit [emoji23]

Wish it was available when we ordered as we had to bodge ours to fit [emoji23]

It's been available for a long time Dave but you have to go into the store to add it to the order. I did mention to Randy that it should link from the DMD to the type of machine that needs it.

Are you liking the colour Dave?

It's been available for a long time Dave but you have to go into the store to add it to the order. I did mention to Randy that it should link from the DMD to the type of machine that needs it.

Are you liking the colour Dave?

We installed it so long ago that kit wasn't available [emoji23]

Have one of the kits coming now so can upgrade bodge job.

No time to play [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

We installed it so long ago that kit wasn't available [emoji23]

Have one of the kits coming now so can upgrade bodge job.

No time to play [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Almost as soon as Stern started using the metal speaker panel, there has been an adapter for ColorDMD kits available from Pinbits, long before ColorDMD had their own one (which is better). I originally had one and got the new one as soon as it was available.

Almost as soon as Stern started using the metal speaker panel, there has been an adapter for ColorDMD kits available from Pinbits, long before ColorDMD had their own one (which is better). I originally had one and got the new one as soon as it was available.

We did see that one at the time but it was always sold out [emoji23]

The colour on this is friggin. amazing.

Best one yet.

Just remember to set it to dots on LCD. @JohnBryce0712

Sent by using mental telepathy

I’m a Hires fan

- - - Updated - - -

Installed it tonight and OMG...... I think this could possibly be one of the best ones I have seen. Really hope they can pull it off for GB! Just make ST even more fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They nailed it eh Trav. Looks awesome.

Installed. Looks amazing. But once in a while I get some white frames in there. Was I meant to install the data cable that came with it? I just used the stern one that was already in there

No your existing cable should have been ok. When are you getting the white frames. Some of my text is white but that is meant to be that way. ie: custom message is now white.

No your existing cable should have been ok. When are you getting the white frames. Some of my text is white but that is meant to be that way. ie: custom message is now white.
What do you mean by custom message?

I'll try to get it on video.

Everytime Nero finishes it looks weird... Like Ghosting? The Nero ship is seen afyer it disappears

What do you mean by custom message?

I'll try to get it on video.

Everytime Nero finishes it looks weird... Like Ghosting? The Nero ship is seen afyer it disappears

When did you download the code? The first code was like that and they fixed it. Mine was acting weird in Nero as well and I downloaded the code again and all fixed. there are a few things in white but I think they are supposed to be white.

When did you download the code? The first code was like that and they fixed it. Mine was acting weird in Nero as well and I downloaded the code again and all fixed. there are a few things in white but I think they are supposed to be white.
2 days ago.

Here is a little bug but they can't do any do about it