Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVII - Game 3 ~ Rastan (closes 7-Oct)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poor Robotron (can you tell I don't care for Rastan? :p )

You are doing well picking out all my cab conversion photos ... :rolleyes

We know that you are a secret Rastan lover ... :054:

A few gameplay tips that I hope will help...

You are a barbarian, quite possibly even converted from a fancy 3 speaker 2 joystick cab - You are Rastan! No time for delicate maneuvers here:

To progress quicker through the levels & avoid those pesky Bats push up & keep pressing jump while on ropes:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136643[/ATTACH]

Near the top of the rope facing the opposite way & swinging your weapon can be effective:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136644[/ATTACH]

If your quick enough you can dash to the top of the steps wipe out the foes then jump the rock:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136648[/ATTACH]

Jump high by pushing up while jumping, pulling down will then give a downward strike:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136649[/ATTACH]

Fairly basic tips from the first round but they can be adapted to later rounds, round 1 is brutal anyway :D

Nice work, SZ.

I find the downwards attack from above very useful for defense as well as attack - I came to learn that after acquiring the fire sword for the first time in Round 1. (You can see in the game demo how this is achieved...)

Might be a good time to ask this now: But has anyone figured out what the rod does exactly? According to this guide (http://www.smspower.org/seganotebook/rastan/manual/rastanm.html) for the sega version, it increases the effective time of Rastan's defense items, but is this also the case for the arcade version?

Obtaining the ring in the castle section also became a fundamental for me, as that doubles attack speed and is very useful against the boss. You get it after the lava section. Basically go down then up the next ladder - defeat the enemies on the next ledge to the right (just before the sewer pipes) then back-up to your left gently and it will be on one of the guards that emerges, but you've got get him quickly before he descends again or you have to repeat the move.

Try as I might, I've struggled to defeat the second round boss again as from my last score. I'm getting 200 k regularly, but keep making basic platform jumping mistakes - the fire pillars get me sometimes in the second castle as well. Still...I'll keep trying! I want another crack at round 3 that doesn't end with Rastan fluffing a jump or ending in a quagmire. :)

Edited by Pessimeister

799679578_3.SMK_rastan_138600_wolf106.png.ed5187cb6cf67c801245173b74436207.png

Getting better. It's slowly coming back to me after playing it a million years ago on my PS2. :) Goes to show you how hard this game is. 42 players playing it and only 3 broke the DEFAULT high score so far! :blink: lol

Much better game last night, made it to 3-2.

My goal is to hit 200k... which means just getting to the second boss or so... great score!

I wish I could veto Kangaroo to get an extra week for a Rastan score, this game is finally fun for me. (well there's still some frustration) :D

F@#$$@$##%#@#$K!!!!!!!

Reached round 3 for the first time. Had 3 stupid deaths including 2 by missing the same jump and ended up 1500 points short of the default high score. I take my hat off to anyone who can complete this game. Maybe one day I'll put in the time and effort to get that far but not in the next 2 days.

rastan.png.fce2862ba26e107622d97f9c5b767821.png

Might be a good time to ask this now: But has anyone figured out what the rod does exactly? According to this guide (http://www.smspower.org/seganotebook/rastan/manual/rastanm.html) for the sega version, it increases the effective time of Rastan's defense items, but is this also the case for the arcade version?

Try as I might, I've struggled to defeat the second round boss again as from my last score. I'm getting 200 k regularly, but keep making basic platform jumping mistakes - the fire pillars get me sometimes in the second castle as well. Still...I'll keep trying! I want another crack at round 3 that doesn't end with Rastan fluffing a jump or ending in a quagmire. :)

Yes that seems to be it, after loads of games tryna figure it out, I got the shield while I had the Rod & still had the shield well into the castle, problem is the rod itself only lasts a short time

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136744[/ATTACH]

I pretty much just charge the second boss, attacking while your not too close & timing seems to be the key.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136743[/ATTACH]

Love your MULTIBALL animated gif. Looks cool with those retro graphics. Nice score too.

Skids_MULTIBALL.gif.e30a6a591b2348c222a8a74397d074cd.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Game Day 15 of 17 ...

LMVR6e1.png

Only 2 days to go until this game is closed.

:)