Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

VPGL5 - Game 3 -ELVIS [FINISHED]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez guys

Awesome scores

I managed to get to Graceland but didnt finish.

@Justanother Rat - I had the same issue with Video Mode. Looks like Edy was right about not working in video Mode

@rusty - you cab or desktop mode? If cab mode youre window should be rotated.

Elvis_Night_Mod_VP916_1.0_JPSALAS-AARONJAMES_TEPPOTEE.thumb.jpg.559be481607fc6ab08efb07bb42876e6.jpg

Finding out where extra ball is made a difference :)

I've joined the tour the Graceland Mansion club too, but got nowehere as well...

The video mode works fine on my cab. you get to play like a guitar hero type game.

the Rom i use='elvis'

elvis2.thumb.jpg.684a0133bfd079439289db2ac044f1b7.jpg

Seems as though that table was for cab so found a better one for desktop but now my dmd is all messed up. It is massive and can hardly read it.

Got 207,331,110 but couldnt get photo. Need to fix dmd.

Sorry about that, thought you had a cab for some reason !

To resize the dmd right click it, and choose show borders. Then Resize to preference.

I read from ipdb that the songs used in this pin were taken from his live show, when he did his 1968 'comeback' show. I've seen that a little while back, it was pretty cool. Just Elvis and a few musicians sitting around on a tiny stage performing. Worth a look, once you get into the mid 70's Elvis, it was game over.

When I work out how to complete hound dog the score will be bigger.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160324/6506ee2b945e771e357cc9c9b81b3942.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just hit the dog target enough times to start the mode ... it's timed so once it finishes then it lights the insert.

It just gives points on some shots, mainly the spinner ..... shots to the dog increase the value.

Tried different ROMs, video mode still no go, cleared NVRAM no go. Changed table from night mod version to day mod version and it now lets me play.

Should the arrows match the music beat? Should a different song play during the video mode or the game music keep playing?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

Tried different ROMs, video mode still no go, cleared NVRAM no go. Changed table from night mod version to day mod version and it now lets me play.

Should the arrows match the music beat? Should a different song play during the video mode or the game music keep playing?

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk

I think that is what is meant to happen, on mine the video mode does not sync to the music, so you just try and time your flipper presses to when the arrows line up.

I really like this game. Suits my style of play. Again using physmod5 or VPX is a killer. I also had trouble with original table but then used 9.9 and the ROM mentioned in this thread and now I have Video Mod.

score.jpg.d82bd2e854f6e3030ad7c571e4445b00.jpg

I really like this game. Suits my style of play. Again using physmod5 or VPX is a killer. I also had trouble with original table but then used 9.9 and the ROM mentioned in this thread and now I have Video Mod.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]90891[/ATTACH]

Ah curse you, you've knocked me off the podium ! Nice score. I'll have to give this another good whirl today and try and retake 3rd.... :)

My Wife was performing at the National Folk Festival over Easter, look what they had in a little section that was 50's themed !

I should have gone just to play Elvis, except for the $100 admission price for one day... :huh:

Elvis.thumb.jpg.ae3008ef3dd035ef85f0a2ef5c671f59.jpg

PS - Elvis will finish this Sunday...

At least an improvement, but sorry Rat for just squeezing by.

And as Jed mentioned it is the 'elvis' rom that was on my cab as well.

All good... I have no problems with accepting that I am not good at pinball even though I enjoy it. It seems in the VPGL I can play a table for hours and not go close to the scores of others and end up with the wooden spoon. In the MGL I can have a few games and finish mid pack. I am not sure if that means I am better at arcade games of if the people playing VPGL are just all better than me.

On this table I can often score 100+million on the first ball but then get bugger all from then on.

All good... I have no problems with accepting that I am not good at pinball even though I enjoy it. It seems in the VPGL I can play a table for hours and not go close to the scores of others and end up with the wooden spoon. In the MGL I can have a few games and finish mid pack. I am not sure if that means I am better at arcade games of if the people playing VPGL are just all better than me.

On this table I can often score 100+million on the first ball but then get bugger all from then on.

I think you are better at pinball than you think you are...

As you know I'm also an MGLér (as is Kane) and it's hard to compare Arcade games and Vpinball. Arcade games have patterns, a certain amount of memorising gets you a long way. not so Pinball. Much more chance involved. Like you, I find I'm much more consistant at playing Arcade games but Pinball I can either go half decent, or absolutely crap.

I think you are better at pinball than you think you are...

As you know I'm also an MGLér (as is Kane) and it's hard to compare Arcade games and Vpinball. Arcade games have patterns, a certain amount of memorising gets you a long way. not so Pinball. Much more chance involved. Like you, I find I'm much more consistant at playing Arcade games but Pinball I can either go half decent, or absolutely crap.

With some of the monster scores I have achieved on some VP tables, it's actually because I have worked out the pattern and then abused it.

Also works on real machines ..... although you have to be on the money with shot accuracy.

Looks like Kane and Jas have made me have to come back to play this one again. :)

With some of the monster scores I have achieved on some VP tables, it's actually because I have worked out the pattern and then abused it.

Also works on real machines ..... although you have to be on the money with shot accuracy.

Looks like Kane and Jas have made me have to come back to play this one again. :)

patterns in Arcade games are different. You can predict what is going to happen as you know the same thing is going to happen every time, with the majority of Arcade games. The roll of the ball in Pinball not being so predictable as what a wave of enemies in an Arcade game are. Also obviously you are an exceptional pinball player, and that helps :D