Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL T-Shirt Discussion

Thats a touch pink and girly :)

Upright or cocktail machine, MGL logo somewhere. Not too loud or huge print. Don't think year is necessary on the shirt, or a back print, will keep the cost down.

Also, raising money for the site is fine, but let's keep it affordeable. if It goes to like $35, that becomes too much for a T Shirt, i'd be out. I have children and dogs and a mortgage to support, AA comes a long-ass way down the list after them ;)

Agree to all that, except the dogs...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No worries, will see what I can come up with. :)

Super busy design weekend ahead! I'll be trying to sort a tee for MGL, AA and a bucks party that wants "Mario & Luigi" go kart shirts!

Makes a change from the recent plumber/builders logo's I've been doing.... :) :) :)

Thats a touch pink and girly :)

So that is a yes vote from you for this one then? :P :lol

Also, raising money for the site is fine, but let's keep it affordeable. if It goes to like $35, that becomes too much for a T Shirt, i'd be out. I have children and dogs and a mortgage to support, AA comes a long-ass way down the list after them ;)

I think the 2012 shirts we $29 + p/h - I'd assume the shirts would fall into a similar price range.

Just a note on the AA shirts (The MGL Shirts we are discussing here will still go ahead as far as I'm concerned) - as many of you know the Pinball Expo is happening mid Nov. There has been a private discussion amongst mod/admin regarding getting shirts for this, and I think the sensible idea is to just make the standard (i.e. not MGL specific) AA shirts for 2014 exactly the same. Logo will not be open for general discussion mainly because time is not on our side to get them ready and also take into account the discussion, voting from the larger population of AA. For 2015 standard AA shirts we (or whoever organises it) may visit the vote on design/new design idea.

I'll post in the AA merchandise thread when the design is decided on and take orders from those who aren't able to attend the pinball expo. Looking like just standard t-shirts at this stage but they will be available in a variety of colours - black, blue, grey are probably the most popular choices I'd imagine, though I can possibly get a special pink version printed just for Jammasized j/k :)

So that is a yes vote from you for this one then? :P :lol

I can possibly get a special pink version printed just for Jammasized j/k :)

Absolutely, A huge yes from me for the the girly pink one.

..then I'll save the $29 + p/h and put that towards a highly prized Black veiled Brides poster for little miss 15 y/o :lol

• 2 weeks later...

MGL T-Shirt Update

I've asked @MamePatrol if he can take over/help with arrangements for the MGL shirts.

Just a couple of things to keep in mind, screen printing setup increases with more colours, so if there are lots of colours and only a small run of shirts it will make them expensive. Hopefully MamePatrol will be able to give some indication of pricing in the coming days. Unlike the AA shirts however, at least we'll know exactly of how many in each size are required, so no overhead will be needed for unsold shirts :)

Looking forward to this getting off the ground.

Thanks @John73.

Plan is to go with the "Ms.Pac Man" style tee I did. Reason being is I have all the files and I know it will print fine. (hope this is ok with everyone)

I'm going to put them on my web site for $29.99 (I'll sort a link out tonight) This price includes shipping and 10% of the sale back to AA.

The online store only supports PayPal, but if you want to pay Direct deposit you can email me.

Let me know your thoughts guys? :)

Thanks @John73.

Plan is to go with the "Ms.Pac Man" style tee I did. Reason being is I have all the files and I know it will print fine. (hope this is ok with everyone)

I'm going to put them on my web site for $29.99 (I'll sort a link out tonight) This price includes shipping and 10% of the sale back to AA.

The online store only supports PayPal, but if you want to pay Direct deposit you can email me.

Let me know your thoughts guys? :)

I think I already provided feedback on that design :) While I think everyone appreciates the time spent in design, why not a simple design with a classic gaming icon ie a single space invader, galaxian, our similar And mgl underneath. That should be minimal colours and keep cost down in terms of printing. If there's no rush on this, why not setup a design thread and vote on designs ?

I have two of mamepatrol made shirts now, And can vouch for the quality of the print and the shirt. but a pink ms pacman isn't a shirt I'd buy and wear.

Price is fine btw.

And while we're waiting and deciding on the MGL shirts, why not get stuck in a buy an AA shirt you lot. Furbs has just put up the pricing for the coolers & keytags ($5 and $4 ea respectively) or for $30 you get 6 coolers and 2 keytags. $55 and you've got a shirt to wear too until the MGL ones are ready.

I too like the design the OOO submitted. I also like the MGL that Another Rat did in post number 4 of this thread, though I'm not keen on the standard AA logo below it - just looks sorta weird, but that could be Another Rats admitted lack of photoshop skills :)

Could use AR's (AR <- that's you Another Rat because I'm sick of typing Another Rat all the time :lol) MGL'er font with the graphics OOO put together with the galaxian, q*bert etc and the Aussie Arcade 2014 text below it. Just my input.

I'll be in for a shirt. I'm not a massive black shirt fan, but OOO's design does look good on black and not too many colours in it either for the printing process. Not worried about having my name on the back because I don't have a cool screen name like a lot of you guys :)

Here's another variation ... with a better colour match (manly and cool colours :cool:, as in for men) and a different MGL look ... and took the year out to not date the shirt ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGLShirt2014_4_zpseddfa2c9.png

If you like and MamePatrol likes, I will send the artwork to MamePatrol for free and he can do the rest ...

If you like and MamePatrol does not want to do the shirt, I will organise it ...

If you don't like, no problem ... :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70787[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70788[/ATTACH]

Nice job. I'd go either of these ! Love the Ghosts and Goblins one especially :)

Edit: Posted exactly the same time as OOO posted his design...

I think any of these three would be good. Even better, @MamePatrol - is it possible to have a choice ? Say, of these three designs, anyone could pick any of them to print as their shirt ? Personally I might go for all three :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70787[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70788[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70789[/ATTACH]

Just some more ideas. :)

Any chance we can get a real guy (i.e. fast bastard) modelling the shirts so I can tell how the shirts will look when I am wearing them? :lol

@OOO sweet design, will print well. :)

@Jammasized we can run all three, no problem. Becuase they are digital prints no need to print them until someone wants one. Happy to have links for as many differant tees as you want! lol.

@John73 I'll see how I go with the "fat model" mockup. lol

Honestly guys, I doesn't bother me what tee we go with, as long as you are happy with them.

Who's the MGL decision maker? He need's to decide. lol

It all sounds great to me. Having a choice of shirt will surely suit everyone's taste.

Not fussed about name on back but having it as an optional extra is perfect. I'm one of those users that now regret hastily choosing my username back when I joined about 5 years back :redface

My quick opinions from phone. ....the G&G pic looks good but only shows one game and I don't like the txt much. The game board is a bit irrelevant as we play mame on modern PCs. Third one, fighters are not played in MGL and are not popular with real classic gamers.

Sorry to sound so negative, your good work is appreciated, just giving my constructive criticism.

My quick opinions from phone. ....the G&G pic looks good but only shows one game and I don't like the txt much. The game board is a bit irrelevant as we play mame on modern PCs. Third one, fighters are not played in MGL and are not popular with real classic gamers.

Sorry to sound so negative, your good work is appreciated, just giving my constructive criticism.

What about the last OOO shirt? ... :rolleyes

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGLShirt2014_SampleNames_zps3b36e967.png

- - - Updated - - -

@OOO sweet design, will print well. :)

@Jammasized we can run all three, no problem. Becuase they are digital prints no need to print them until someone wants one. Happy to have links for as many differant tees as you want! lol.

@John73 I'll see how I go with the "fat model" mockup. lol

Honestly guys, I doesn't bother me what tee we go with, as long as you are happy with them.

Who's the MGL decision maker? He need's to decide. lol

Well I will order two black XL shirts from you of the OOO design right now.

I will send over the artwork by PM tonight and font specs just in case you need to load them.

I'll order with my name (OOO) on the back on both too.

Thanks

:)

Swap MsPacman for a Defender mutant and you have a deal :D. Pacman is already represented by the ghost, doesn't need two pac characters.

Yeah I like the design idea and layout, uncertain about the hexagons, but it is clear and legible.

I would buy one, even if you don't put out a couple more drafts.

Thanks for your time and effort :)

The game board is a bit irrelevant as we play mame on modern PCs. Third one, fighters are not played in MGL and are not popular with real classic gamers.

The game board is quite relevent, as that is what M.A.M.E strives to emulate, after all - these very PCB's. Agree on the fighters though, hasn't ever been played in MGL.

I'd order one of the Ghosts and Goblins in a Grey or Steel Grey Tee (like the ENCOM tee I got from you) and one of the PCB Tees in Black. Happy to pay via DD.

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/MGLShirt2014_SampleNames_zps3b36e967.png

- - - Updated - - -

Well I will order two black XL shirts from you of the OOO design right now.

I will send over the artwork by PM tonight and font specs just in case you need to load them.

I'll order with my name (OOO) on the back on both too.

Thanks

:)

No problems @OOO

I will have to charge you an extra $5 for the rear print though. Labour and ink cost etc set.. :)

So total for back and front print would be $34.99

Or $29.99 for the front print only.

At this stage I suppose there's not enough people wanting them to warrant me putting them on the store, so feel free to PM me and we can sort out payment. PayPal or DD is both fine. :)

That go's for any of the tees. Feel free to PM me to order. OR anything else you want printed on a tee. ORRRR side art, cpo's, marquees, bezels etc etc ( <<<< Shameless Plug)

C'mon guys! These arcade machines don't buy themselves! :lol