Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Black Knight Sword of Rage

micky

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unless the code combines with true LCD progression, play and integration that makes this absolutely outstanding, all I am actually seeing is a great "looking" modern day version of a 1980 game, with less drop targets, an upper PF that appears to have less going on than the 40 year old game ( look at image, one flipper and ball locks only thing to do up there...Am I wrong ? ) , the new game does have a decent bash toy as central action shot.

While some will say this is negative, i am calling what I see. In a hobby that continually calls for major new ideas in games and bashes anything that doesnt , there is all of a.sudden high praise for a game that has a simple standard layout just because it has a ( granted, very cool ) centre toy and some metal music.

People losing their mind on Pinside because it has Magna Save.......hmmmm ok, that innovation is 39 years old....

Screenshot_20190327-095245_Chrome.thumb.jpg.42d0a8ab3224e94b7d90ebccd42822f3.jpg

I'm just glad to see a machine not relying on it's big licensed name. Go back and make machines that did make money sure, just don't spend all the pinballs money on licensing.

If the machine is good it will be bought no matter what it is called rather than if we call it something good, it doesn't matter how poor a player it is.

I'm just glad to see a machine not relying on it's big licensed name. Go back and make machines that did make money sure, just don't spend all the pinballs money on licensing.

If the machine is good it will be bought no matter what it is called rather than if we call it something good, it doesn't matter how poor a player it is.

Agreed, but in line with that thinking though with all of Sterns cost cutting over the years decreasing the overall quality of the machine (IMO) it would be good to see money saved on licensing put back into the quality of the machine..or god forbid... put a cheaper price tag on it. :lol

Unless the code combines with true LCD progression, play and integration that makes this absolutely outstanding, all I am actually seeing is a great "looking" modern day version of a 1980 game, with less drop targets, an upper PF that appears to have less going on than the 40 year old game ( look at image, one flipper and ball locks only thing to do up there...Am I wrong ? ) , the new game does have a decent bash toy as central action shot.

While some will say this is negative, i am calling what I see. In a hobby that continually calls for major new ideas in games and bashes anything that doesnt , there is all of a.sudden high praise for a game that has a simple standard layout just because it has a ( granted, very cool ) centre toy and some metal music.

People losing their mind on Pinside because it has Magna Save.......hmmmm ok, that innovation is 39 years old....

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=145293

Agree but I think its good that 1: They have bought back a great theme and 2: They actually made an upper playfield lol.... But yeah there still isnt any innovation.... Lets see how Wonka comes along. Btw the music is FKN great on this! With great integration of the old theme. Premium has the best Art package imo..

Agreed, but in line with that thinking though with all of Sterns cost cutting over the years decreasing the overall quality of the machine (IMO) it would be good to see money saved on licensing put back into the quality of the machine..or god forbid... put a cheaper price tag on it. [emoji38]
Exactly! They could start with good quality playfields imo.

Agreed, but in line with that thinking though with all of Sterns cost cutting over the years decreasing the overall quality of the machine (IMO) it would be good to see money saved on licensing put back into the quality of the machine..or god forbid... put a cheaper price tag on it. :lol

It would be less than starwars or a big name band but this IS a licensed game (it’s in the reveal video!) that I would expect isn’t free. They’ll just pass that cost to the customer.

cd23fd21b76e05f7bf6f086282c8bccc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does look and sound pretty cool from the small pieces of info we currently have. Nothing really knock your socks off interesting or innovative about it though.....I do want to see some gameplay before passing too much judgement.

I am excited for the game (a hell of allot more then Munsters), p/f looks fun, art is awesome etc. It is a little concerning that there is no ball feed back to the left flipper though (I understand this follows the original BK pins, but that doesn't mean it was right). Even if they try and code shots to hit from the left this may just prove frustrating to players as the ball will 9 times out of 10 come to that flipper based mostly on luck. I know its too hard to tell based on not seeing any gameplay at this stage, but it just seems like simple physics fail.

Players like to feel in control (even if its an illusion), and that all shots are makeable with the right strategy and skill. From what I can see the right orbit and drop target bank will be a difficult (or impossible) backhand shot from the right flipper. Depending on how important the code make's these shots will determine the importance of left flipper action and how much a feed to that flipper was needed.

Another thought was to maybe have had the magnasave on the left to bring this side into play more.

Anyway, will be interesting to see how this flips, fingers crossed they have thought of everything !

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed in some pic's they look to have not printed artwork under plastics and non-ball rolling area's, could this be to increase light reflection? :unsure

Actually, just checked other machines and its standard, for some reason it just looks terrible here because it is so empty/exposed, and its not the most flattering angle..

1053471793_BKart.jpg.a651852429c801ed6bbb4e1acb105b16.jpg

Could be better like Magna Save buttons infront of the flipper buttons where they belong. Time units of Magna Save was a great advance on set time of the Magna Save and this use of Magna Save appears to be back to set time usage.

I suppose the irony is Stern couldn't make a machine that would touch William's Black Knight when it was made in the day and 30 odd years later you watch them stuff up a copy of it.

Sorry to those that love Stern but all I see is good old Stern, still in my opinion the 4th most popular pinball machine maker even though they are they only ones still making machines.

Why?.....The same old Stern only now they can charge what they want and are no longer the cheapest because of lack of competition. To slow to innovate and a poor quality product that always needs software fixes long after release.

Actually, there is a bit of innovation. Late software fixes. No one ever use to do that because they got it right 1st time around.

@Autosteve Stern have more Williams blood in their veins today than what’s left of their Stern Electronics pedigree I believe. Primarily that the guy who designed Williams Black Knight is the designer of this Black Knight too. I think it’s a bit early to claim they’re going to stuff up a copy of Black Knight.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Edited by 1.21 Gigawatts