Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Freight and Transport

Hi All,

I have read most of the pages of this thread and contiunally see prices quoted around the $250-$400 mark. I just got quoted $764 to transport my pin (TAF) from ipswich to sydney, door to door. Have I just been reading old posts or is that just what is costs now? (pin has to be palleted at pick up and delivered to my appartment on the first floor, so 2 flights of stairs)

I know thats only one quote but I don't hold out much hope of any of the others being that much cheaper.

Try Air Road Direct (I think fragile or specialty items division), I paid $450 door to door from sydney to melbourne a year ago, and no wrapping required, they did everything... Was VERY well wrapped by the way when I got it, still using up all the bubble wrap: Was on a pallet with about a foot of bubble wrap all around it.. They also had two people at each end and lift gate so we didn't need to help load/unload..

P.S. Not sure what the stairs at the end would do to the price, nothing good I would imagine, probably a big part of the cost.. Mine just went in the garage..

Hi All,

I have read most of the pages of this thread and contiunally see prices quoted around the $250-$400 mark. I just got quoted $764 to transport my pin (TAF) from ipswich to sydney, door to door. Have I just been reading old posts or is that just what is costs now? (pin has to be palleted at pick up and delivered to my appartment on the first floor, so 2 flights of stairs)

I know thats only one quote but I don't hold out much hope of any of the others being that much cheaper.

This is the difficulty as it depends on the areas serviced by the couriers.I can get Brisbane Door to Sydney depot for $150 because it's his usual route.

Wrapped by sender but carefully blanketed by courier if sender can't wrap.

This is the difficulty as it depends on the areas serviced by the couriers.I can get Brisbane Door to Sydney depot for $150 because it's his usual route.

Wrapped by sender but carefully blanketed by courier if sender can't wrap.

I would do it door to door and 2 flights of stairs for $230. No pallet required, fully insured.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, anyone know of a freight company to ship a pin from "Mooloolaba QLD" to "Melbourne" ? never done it before, couple i've asked have said ridiculous prices (800) no stairs etc. Anyone used any they can recommend etc?
Have you tried sending @prowler a pm??. He may be doing another eastcoast run in the future:unsure. Doesn't hurt to ask and he won't rip you off and gives personal TLC to his load.

I'm definitely going to Melbourne via Sydney/Wollongong mid/late May. So if you want something picked up or delivered send me a PM.

The date I'll be leaving Brisbane is the 29/30 of May. Will be going to Melbourne for sure.

Edited by prowler

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Although all the general tips and company names above are very useful, I wanted to quickly check whether anyone had any specific experience shipping a pin from Brisbane to Canberra?

I will start calling around tomorrow.

I note that some companies are considerably cheaper for the high-volume routes between the major capitals, but I wanted to find someone good and not too pricey that will serve the ACT.

Any tips appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Does anybody know how much it would cost (approx) to ship a bare playfield from Sunshine Coast to Melbourne? Can anybody recommended a company that would do it?

Cheers,

Matthew

I used e-go to get my pinbot playfield from Nick in QLD. He dropped it at the depot and I had it delivered to my office here in Victoria. Total cost was $25 which included some insurance.

John (Prowler) can also do playfields - so contact him too for options.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...