Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Netherworld Arcade needs your help

Took wife , beautiful little 4 year old daughter , sister in law and brother In law today , played every pin and most arcades , brother in law drank a few beers , my daughter loved the board games and pins , excellent place , would love to go there every day if I lived in town. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170108/daaf37b4be66b6d6283a3362168e6cb0.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170108/da580b703f6ffcc82b94e0e522823734.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170108/e32882728056ee24dab86f647daa9899.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Sounds like the place is a roaring success, thanks to the guys for setting something like this up. The amount of people who have been talking about this place who aren't in the arcade scene is crazy, but its good. Look forward to hopefully checking the place out for ourselves next week.

Netherworld Arcade needs your help

I hope they have a decent burger with meat or nice ribs and chicken wings, We are not all vegies.

The vege burgers can be replaced with meat but I am sure the place isn't targeted to meat eaters like us.

So slipped in this afternoon for a little recon and to play some pins. Everything was as expected with a new setup eg stuck balls, coin mechs etc but everything was sorted really quickly by the staff.

Only tried a couple of beers but they were really good and could definitely see myself having a session there just on the beers.

Played most of the pins and set grand champion scores on Ghostbuster and Tommy for everyone to beat.

Highlight though was when a guy half my age came along and challenged me on Street Fighter. This old bloke still have some skills and I have him a right flogging.

Will definitely be back sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@SpudJones and I adjusted Street Fighter monitor last week. The tube was old and tired, but passable. It was in poor shape when we first turned it on, really off colours and terrible brightness over saturation. We got it to a point where it was half decent. I will have another look at it when I head in, I didn't get close to it on Saturday, as Boss Fight were playing and it was packed near the stage.

How was the crowd today guys? It was a bit nuts at around 5pm yesterday, but I could easily see myself wasting a Sunday here way too often.

I need to get back there to try out the Hellmouth fries - they looked awsome :)

Reckon I'll go back next Sunday if is anyone is interested in meeting for a feed and some games.

Oh there was another thing I noticed.

I was paying a pin and thought to myself whats that smell? I looked to my left and then to my right and on both side there was 2 x 20 something year old girls playing pins. I am so used to smelling BO from blokes that is threw me.

Oh there was another thing I noticed.

I was paying a pin and thought to myself whats that smell? I looked to my left and then to my right and on both side there was 2 x 20 something year old girls playing pins. I am so used to smelling BO from blokes that is threw me.

I commented to Brad yesterday about how many females were in the place and that I thought it would just be one big sausagefest :lol He reckon's most of the women were dragged there by the other halves and were looking at their phones :D

When I was outside having a filthy smoke, I did notice a couple of girls walk past on their own, ask about the place and then went inside. Saw them later playing Daytona (and driving a hell of a lot better than Brad I might add).

Wouldn't mind going and playing some board games either - They have Risk 2010 (or whatever it's called) which I've never played, but I do love the original Risk and it's a great game to play while having a few drinks - friends and alliances soon end when you start putting away the drinks while playing Risk :)

I commented to Brad yesterday about how many females were in the place and that I thought it would just be one big sausagefest :lol He reckon's most of the women were dragged there by the other halves and were looking at their phones :D

When I was outside having a filthy smoke, I did notice a couple of girls walk past on their own, ask about the place and then went inside. Saw them later playing Daytona (and driving a hell of a lot better than Brad I might add).

Wouldn't mind going and playing some board games either - They have Risk 2010 (or whatever it's called) which I've never played, but I do love the original Risk and it's a great game to play while having a few drinks - friends and alliances soon end when you start putting away the drinks while playing Risk :)

I think they have set things up to avoid the "sausagefest" scenario.

I didn't see anyone on their phones when I was there but will admit most of the ladies I saw were playing board games.

I left at about 6:30 and there was no rope up so mustn't have been expecting a line.

Yeah I wouldn't expect a Sunday night to be that busy what with us peasants having to work on Monday and all. I think Sunday afternoon would be a good time to head along for a lazy afternoon of gaming and drinking.

@SpudJones and I adjusted Street Fighter monitor last week. The tube was old and tired, but passable. It was in poor shape when we first turned it on, really off colours and terrible brightness over saturation. We got it to a point where it was half decent. I will have another look at it when I head in, I didn't get close to it on Saturday, as Boss Fight were playing and it was packed near the stage.

Some of the monitor chassis that we worked on need proper servicing - caps etc.

• Administrators

Cheeky bugger!

We did see a lot of women there which was pleasing. Yes I think the ladies drove better than I did =( Most were playing board games but more than a few were on pinball and arcades too

Brad

Chiming in here, Have been following this since I first saw machines rock up in a friends garage for this project (The pin "Tales From The Crypt") can I just say how glad I was to get in the doors on opening day.

- First things first, In the door and greeted with two free tokens and a free pin (Second addiction is collecting Pinny Arcade Pins so this will go down well)

- Beer selection is amazing as I knew it would be with the amazing beer knowledge behind the owners/operators.

- Layout is amazing, walking in straight to the bar and going left to NBA Jam or right to Board Game alley really was as inviting as I could imagine

- Moving towards the back, you walk past a few free to play games or ones still be fully deployed, and more popular titles such as; Ghostbusters Pinball, Neo Geo ETC ETC

- In a bit further you move into what I regard as an atrium & servery with loads of table space for eating and board gaming.

- Either side of the servery are a few machines, however as always the topper on Whirlwind always draws my eye. Of course Daytona will always draw most people into this section.

- Through an archway leads you into the main arcade area, with ample room to swing a cat (please don't swing a cat)

- In this same room you have even more table space for gaming and the console setups for those inclined.

Overall a really amazing experience and one that will keep me coming back for more!

Big shout out to Jimmy who I saw darting in and out of people to fix mechs and miscellaneous problems, he had a jammed mech that he cracked and had coins spill everywhere. Friend picked a few up and handed them to him but he kindly refused and gave them to my friend.

That alone makes want to come back a million more times, also thanks for taking a breath an answering what types of mechs you had in the machines.

11/10 - IGN

h5lJHxe.thumb.jpg.b576cd51c3ab1c3ba9ca3c42627578ea.jpg

Custom made tokens - Designed by : Buxton St www.buxton.st

15935268_10154867671336758_858740152_o.thumb.jpg.01e67b34e0432619c58abfd75fd870f4.jpg

Friend of mine who is actually a competitive fighting game player, really gave me a rinsing

• Super Moderator

What a brilliant venue.! Brisbane has been crying out for a venue such as this and its been delivered.!

I've been lucky enough to see a bit of the behind the scenes while this place has been put together - the effort by those involved has been nothing short of amazing. From a grungy, beer sodden derelict venue to the place that it is now - fantastic. The sweat and effort, the frustrations and the tears, but they got there, over the line and on time.. Hats off to Jimmy, Ben and the team.

The beer selection is brilliant - not a commercial drop in sight. Not a commercial product pretty much full stop. No coke, no lemonade, just purpose brewed cold tasty treats.! The house beer 'Kobold' is delicious, as is the Fiaxtion IPA, they pretty much all are. For me, the beer selection is paramount, added to that the great ambiance, the vibe, the music, the sounds of the machines and the eclectic mix of characters makes it such a great place to hang.

The game selection is awesome too.. Where else in QLD can you play such a extensive variety of machines and drink beer.! Defender next to Pacman, which is next to Donkey Kong, parked right next to Space Invaders.! Plus all the others. Tales of the Crypt surprised me, and what a cool gmae Whirl Wind is.! Sure, some machine's have X in One's and LCD screens but in reality what does it really matter.? its about the good times with your mates that really counts. Take your better halfs, drag the kids are long, its all so inclusive.

I got an invite to the pre-opening on the Friday night, great times in deed, followed up with a few beers on Saturday and then back again on Sunday to sample the menu, of course more beer and more games. I'll be making this my go to venue for all things beer and arcade fix related.!

Hope to bump into some of the AA contingent over time and for those that might not know, its literally a 2 minute walk from the Valley train station. Big bonus right there for those on the 'commute'.!

What a brilliant venue.! Brisbane has been crying out for a venue such as this and its been delivered.!

I've been lucky enough to see a bit of the behind the scenes while this place has been put together - the effort by those involved has been nothing short of amazing. From a grungy, beer sodden derelict venue to the place that it is now - fantastic. The sweat and effort, the frustrations and the tears, but they got there, over the line and on time.. Hats off to Jimmy, Ben and the team.

The beer selection is brilliant - not a commercial drop in sight. Not a commercial product pretty much full stop. No coke, no lemonade, just purpose brewed cold tasty treats.! The house beer 'Kobold' is delicious, as is the Fiaxtion IPA, they pretty much all are. For me, the beer selection is paramount, added to that the great ambiance, the vibe, the music, the sounds of the machines and the eclectic mix of characters makes it such a great place to hang.

The game selection is awesome too.. Where else in QLD can you play such a extensive variety of machines and drink beer.! Defender next to Pacman, which is next to Donkey Kong, parked right next to Space Invaders.! Plus all the others. Tales of the Crypt surprised me, and what a cool gmae Whirl Wind is.! Sure, some machine's have X in One's and LCD screens but in reality what does it really matter.? its about the good times with your mates that really counts. Take your better halfs, drag the kids are long, its all so inclusive.

I got an invite to the pre-opening on the Friday night, great times in deed, followed up with a few beers on Saturday and then back again on Sunday to sample the menu, of course more beer and more games. I'll be making this my go to venue for all things beer and arcade fix related.!

Hope to bump into some of the AA contingent over time and for those that might not know, its literally a 2 minute walk from the Valley train station. Big bonus right there for those on the 'commute'.!

Was great to see you there and have a catch up at the pre-opening night on Friday @WOKA! Must agree, excellent selection of beers on tap and machines too :D

It surely is really awesome and cool to see what the place is like after the transformation, it was such a dodgy old place years ago.

Went back again just before closing time last night and was good to see the place still jumping, the vibe was rad and the tunes were amazing.

Well done Netherworld team!

I can't wait to have a look in soon. My buddy Randall went and thoroughly enjoyed himself. He placed something over 324,000 on Galaga which he was pleased with. Both of us are sad there is no Bank Panic because that is our head to head game. Other than that, it sounds great (",)

Cheeky bugger!

We did see a lot of women there which was pleasing. Yes I think the ladies drove better than I did =( Most were playing board games but more than a few were on pinball and arcades too

Brad

I shouldn't really make fun of you, your daughter who isn't even old enough to drive did a better lap time than both of us :lol

Decided.... I'm going back in on Saturday or Sunday at opening time to try out the food and play some games, anyone else going, leave a message or PM me if you want to meet up.

Edited by John73

• Administrators
I shouldn't really make fun of you, your daughter who isn't even old enough to drive did a better lap time than both of us :lol

Sure but I think that's because we kept trying run each other off the road ;)

Sure but I think that's because we kept trying run each other off the road ;)

Me? Try to drive you off the road? It must have been an accident, I would never do such a thing being a professional driver for a living.

You on the otherhand, I can see that - after all, you came and punched me in the head more than once at the end of a stage on Rampage :(

- - - Updated - - -

Might have to either PM or catch up with you again shortly if that's possible, looking at some online courses that we had a quick chat about on Saturday and I'd like to pick your brain if that's alright.

• Super Moderator

Valley Metro car park is a five minute walk. Else risk that fancy duco with on Street parking.. the loading zone / clear way out the front on St Paul's Terrace is also a good spot on the weekends.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk