Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

2019 Brisbane Masters - August 17th & 18th **SOLD OUT**

I’ll be in on this.

Just so it’s clear to me I just need to be there on the Saturday and Sunday to play in the Masters or do I need to be there on the Thursday & Friday to qualify?

Where do I get tickets to the event?

How do I get a discounted EKKA ticket for my wife as she doesn’t want to play in the comp?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saturday is qualifying day, Finals Sunday. Thursday & Friday is awarm-up comp, separate to the Masters event.

I'll have to confirm if there are going to be discounted Ekka tickets for family members.

Your Masters entry includes Ekka entry for Saturday & Sunday

So, if I'm understanding correctly, purchased tickets must be picked up from Netherworld, they don't get mailed out?

So, to take advantage of the free train ride (with the included Ekka ticket) I must first pay for a train ride into Fortitude Valley to collect the ticket?

I shall endeavour to start posting player lists for each event once I get full internet access later this week. I have only had the data on my phone for the last 2 months, hence why updates have been slow.

I shall endeavour to start posting player lists for each event once I get full internet access later this week. I have only had the data on my phone for the last 2 months, hence why updates have been slow.

Lambo - you work your butt off. It’s really appreciated by all of us who get to come along and enjoy the fruits of your labour (and Jimmy Nails).

I can only imagine how long your “to-do” list is right now!

SPECIAL GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT !!!

Bowen Kerins - tournament director of the largest pinball event on the planet, destroyer of reactors, champion of pinball diversity, number cruncher and the human responsible for teaching more of us how to play pinball then anyone else in the history of the planet via the PAPA tutorials is coming to the Brisbane Pinball Masters!!!!

Bowen will be in town all week so everyone will get a chance to catch up with one of the nicest humans in the pinball scene. Bowen will also be around to help commentate the QUEENS-Land Women's Pinball Championship and may even throw down the first TNA reactor 9 on Australian soil if we are lucky.

Bowen has also been working for Spooky Pinball and is responsible for the rules on Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle and provided we can get one to the venue will do a deep dive on the rules and blow up the machine live on stage over the final weekend of the BPAC Showcase.

Thanks again to Hutchinson Builders for their sponsorship and making all our arcade and pinball dreams come true.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]146920[/ATTACH]

bowen-champion.jpg.f3de252598af1a9fd4e88484008f85b7.jpg

I've been a Bowen fan for a long time after an article Cameron Silver wrote about PAPA 4. Twice I've been at the same comp as Bowen (Lyons Classic in 2014 and PAPA 19 in 2016) and both times I've been too nervous (starstruck?) to go have a chat. Hoping that doesn't happen a third time or it takes a skinfull of Dutch Courage for it to happen and I make a twat of myself.

Three months to grow some balls

Gearing up to easily be the biggest comp ever to grace the Southern Hemisphere and then some. Take note other states - this is the standard that other major Australian/NZ comps should look to.

Yeah get your shit together NT! :P

Gearing up to easily be the biggest comp ever to grace the Southern Hemisphere and then some. Take note other states - this is the standard that other major Australian/NZ comps should look to.

That’s a bit douchetastic, to be fair.

Not every American comp can be Pinburgh.

Not every European champ can be the EPC.

Most places don’t have the facilities or the pinball population to pull off a big comp like BM.

We do amazingly well to get 100+ competitors to Pincade in NZ - we had 85 at my apartment 3 strikes and 100+ at Sys11 WC and 100+ at Pincade Classics - an amazing feat in a country 1/5th the population of Australia.

We have started the SHPC last year which had 70 competitors in NZ and this years Sydney leg will have more.

Tournament Directors everywhere are trying as hard as possible to create as good a pinball event as we can for you to play in.

It’s up to the pinball players to travel to them and support them and make them sell out, and make them worthwhile for the organisers to make the huge financial, physical and mental effort to run them.

rd

Northern Territory aint a state? Lol guess not... How about Tassy then?

- - - Updated - - -

Get yourself over to NZ (pincade) one day and you'll see how massive pinball is over there.

Where to start with this comment? Not really sure to be honest.

I hear a lot about how pinball comps are the future of pinball, but a few of the people who play in comps really make it difficult to support it at times.

There are people all over the country hosting events for you to play at. People who dedicate a lot of time, effort, and money to bringing you the best events they can. The majority of these events lose money for the hosts, but they do it anyway because they love supporting pinball.

You want to be proud of Queensland by all means, Brisbane Masters by all reports is a great event. Maybe next time don’t do it in a way that makes every other TD in Oz/NZ think to themselves ‘f*ck this guy’.

SPECIAL GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT !!!

Bowen Kerins - tournament director of the largest pinball event on the planet, destroyer of reactors, champion of pinball diversity, number cruncher and the human responsible for teaching more of us how to play pinball then anyone else in the history of the planet via the PAPA tutorials is coming to the Brisbane Pinball Masters!!!!

Bowen will be in town all week so everyone will get a chance to catch up with one of the nicest humans in the pinball scene. Bowen will also be around to help commentate the QUEENS-Land Women's Pinball Championship and may even throw down the first TNA reactor 9 on Australian soil if we are lucky.

Bowen has also been working for Spooky Pinball and is responsible for the rules on Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle and provided we can get one to the venue will do a deep dive on the rules and blow up the machine live on stage over the final weekend of the BPAC Showcase.

Thanks again to Hutchinson Builders for their sponsorship and making all our arcade and pinball dreams come true.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=146920

I hope he is prepared for hugs!

For those that missed it on the BPAC page:

From the King of Arcades to the King of Flow!!

The BPAC Committee, Hutchinson Builders and Amusement Machine Distributors are super proud to announce that Steve Richie will be joining us for the second weekend of BPAC Showcase.

Steve Richie, affectionately know as the King of Flow, has been around the arcade and pinball community for 5 decades and is responsible for more classic, loved and revered pinball titles then just about any human in history.

From his first title Airborne Avengers with Atari in '77, to designing the first multi-ball game in Firepower, to the first multi-level game in Black Knight, to High Speed and The Getaway, from AC/DC to Spiderman, from Star Trek to Elvis, to his Black Knight Trilogy, everything Steve touches leaves his signature trademark of innovative fast, fun flowing action.

His latest game Black Knight, Swords of Rage will be the feature game at the Showcase so expect a deep dive and Q&A with the great man about the game and his long history in the pinball scene.

Steve has said he will sign anything so please bring along your back glasses, translites, t-shirts, coasters, manuals, pinball machines, posters and children for living pinball legend Steve Richie to sign.

BELIEVE!!!!

Updated PAID player listing on post #2 of this thread. Names will only be added once your ticket has been purchased through Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/brisbane-pinball-masters-tickets-59262011271

Your Masters ticket purchase INCLUDES entry into the Ekka/Brisbane Show for 17th & 18th August

If you are having trouble purchasing your ticket on Eventbrite, please send me a PM

Edited by Lambo

Hey mates

If you are planning on bringing family and friends along to meet some of the special guests or to cheer you on in any of the many competitions, please make sure you sign up to the Ekka Newsletter.

Keep an eye on your inbox over the next week and a bit.

Newsletter sign up at the bottom of the Ekka home page at ekka.com.au