Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 34 - Game 2 ~ Dig Dug (closes 26-Nov)

OOO

Fygar’s Fire …

MGLXXXIV – Game 2 ~ Dig Dug

hNizEoa.png

Nominated by gamers: Stephen Krogman, USA and bigredbird, Tasmania

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: digdugb (Rev 1)

Game Story:

Dig tunnels underground and use an air pump to inflate and blow-up your enemies. You can also drop rocks on your foes. Dislodge two rocks and a bonus fruit or vegetable will appear in the center of the screen. A level ends when all the enemies have been destroyed.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials.

This game finishes Sunday 26 November 2017, 7pm Sydney time Australia.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed. Use of the Double-Kill technique, where an enemy is killed by both pumping them up and dropping a rock on them simultaneously, resulting in a freeze of the game action, is considered an intentional glitch of the game, and is therefore a banned tactic.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … What round can you get up to? …

dlMStSR.png

Pm1CrUH.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romset change-Yes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119200[/ATTACH]

Maybe Terence can add whether there are further changes

Sorry, not at my desk, but from memory there have been no ROMset renames since, but there were some versions in the middle there where you needed a couple of files (51xx.bin & 53xx.bin) which need to be dropped into the parent set. It gets tricky…

EDIT: OK, just confirming...

0.106-0.133: digdugb - "Dig Dug (rev 1)"

0.133u3-0.191: digdug1 - "Dig Dug (rev 1)"

And versions 0.120-0.142 require those ROM files I mentioned above, which can be found in namco51.zip & namco53.zip respectively, but annoyingly they don't get referenced as a parent or BIOS set which MAME sometimes does, so if you insist on using these versions of WolfMAME, you'll need to drop these files into your parent ROM set... I advise dropping it into the parent set (rather than individual clone sets) as all clones during this period also seem to need these files.

Better yet, just use a different version!

Edited by terencew

Can someone explain to me why I can’t see the latest MGL through my phone?

Usually you can see that you are subscribed through the pathway at the top of the page but all I can see is this....

7eb00efc161922d6d63c757167d4e491.png

As you can see it only says “Aussie Arcade” but normally it would say MGL34>Game 2 Dig Dug

Is there something in the settings that needs to be reset?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Oops, wanted to reply with quote.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119216[/ATTACH]

Congrats on doubling your previous score! Keep it up! :)

- - - Updated - - -

1036697567_SMK_digdugb_118250_wolf106.png.fd187d5faa8845b7534b2d8138065c4f.png

Never tried playing DD with a keyboard before. It's pretty tough, but I'm not quite ready to break out the Hotrod yet. :)

New player - my son that loves Dig Dug - Please add as JoeyS - 11020

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119258[/ATTACH]

It's great that Joey is gaming and enjoying Dig Dug. Just don't get upset with him if he beats your high score by Day 17 ... :rolleyes :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone explain to me why I can’t see the latest MGL through my phone?

Usually you can see that you are subscribed through the pathway at the top of the page but all I can see is this....

7eb00efc161922d6d63c757167d4e491.png

As you can see it only says “Aussie Arcade” but normally it would say MGL34>Game 2 Dig Dug

Is there something in the settings that needs to be reset?

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Not sure about this ... I'll just check if @Brad is out of bed yet to see if he can answer this one ... :035:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]119228[/ATTACH]

Paradigm, paradigms ... looks like the mouse is in for real trouble if it takes the present.

Shift to the mouse is Itchy's trainer, and just like Scratchy, in the Simpsons, the poor cat is in for worse.

A bit like MGL gaming really, it's about paradigms and whether you work at it and see yourself improve your game ... http://i.imgur.com/z91itqI.gif

Paradigm, paradigms ... looks like the mouse is in for real trouble if it takes the present.

Interesting. I saw it as the mouse was offering the cat the present.

I'm not sure what to make of Dig Dug. Is it a gift and if so, who is it a gift for?

(Ducking in anticipation of BRB memes.)