Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL 23 - Game 2 ~ Gravitar ~ [FINISHED]

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71977[/ATTACH]

So crap at this game :)

You are just 1 day into it. You will do much better when you get the hang of it, or the gravity ... you know what I mean ... :051:

Your 7,300 is a tie score with outrun86. Rarely see tie scores ... :)

21250.png.2530a3b92c70314ffb67c80e6c249f84.png

Not a good game to have the kids around... A few swears are coming out.

- - - Updated - - -

You will do much better when you get the hang of it, or the gravity ... you know what I mean ...

Yes the gravity, forget what you learned in school/uni.... this stuff is pure evil!

23 seconds to get in and out of the reactor on level one....... Craziness, gotta have nerves of steel.

That's the fun of video gaming ...

You wouldn't want to bet on this in real life, but in Gravitar you can have a go ... another go ... another go and keep trying ... (includes furniture smashing - just ask Barra and RMacauley ... :headbuttwall:)

:)

- - - Updated - - -

Gravitar, Gravitar, Gravitar ... there you go I said it 3 times, maybe 3 times harder than many other vector games ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/GravitarMGL23_2_zpsf17fb613.jpg

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/Gravitar1_zps60dce349.png

Reactor time ... :073: ... :laugh:

Getting better, slowwwwwly! 50pts off extra life :(

http://www.third.arcadeox.com/g/users/21/21068/coin-op_scores/gravitar-1416816004.png

Nice work ... 5,850 to 39,950 in a couple of days ... an addictive game with tremendous skill refinement ...

50 points off an extra ship! ... that one more go factor ...

:whitey:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72009[/ATTACH]

From 'never played this before' 3,400 (post #6 on this thread) to 29,350 in a couple of days is a great improvement.

And for those who want to play Gravitar as a young kid in their backyard or dream away this tremendous game ... here's a nice cut out for you guys ...

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l500/sno-bee/gravitar_foldup_zps0312d5cd.png

Just save the image to your PC, print, get the scissors out and there you go ...

Arcade tragics rule ... :)

From 'never played this before' 3,400 (post #6 on this thread) to 29,350 in a couple of days is a great improvement.

Can't believe how addictive this game is....even after you hit thrust instead of shield for the 1000th time.

- - - Updated - - -

Arcade tragics rule ... :)

Damn straight!

I'm having a hard time seeing any of the projectiles when I play this in MAME, i've looked in the mame.ini file to try and find the vector display options and fix them but I can't see any?

Should I just use AAE instead for vector games?

Still can't crack the 6k mark lol :rolleyes

I'm having a hard time seeing any of the projectiles when I play this in MAME, i've looked in the mame.ini file to try and find the vector display options and fix them but I can't see any?

Should I just use AAE instead for vector games?

Still can't crack the 6k mark lol :rolleyes

This is from my MAME.INI

# CORE SCREEN OPTIONS

#

brightness 1.0

contrast 1.0

gamma 2.0

pause_brightness 0.65

# CORE VECTOR OPTIONS

#

antialias 1

beam 1.3

flicker 0

You can change screen and vector options by pressing TAB in MAME and going to "slider controls"

Yep that worked for me - not in this particular game, but there was a game I found it very hard to see and it worked a treat without having to mess with INI files.