Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Multimorphic P3

• 2 weeks later...
It's just been confirmed that there is indeed a multimorphic P3 on it's way to New Zealand. The owner would like to showcase it at Pincade next March so we are looking at the logistics at displaying it at as many venues as possible. I played one at the Texas Pinball Festival and there were 8 games that you could play. So versatile, there may even be more games available now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all I must admit I haven't posted on this site before (sorry). I do spend a fair bit of time on Pinside. I picked up the P3 and had it delivered about a month ago. It plays very well and is engineered well also. It came with two playfield modules (so far) - the main Lexy Lightspeed, Cannon Lagoon (redemption style - kids love it) and 3 additional mini-games which utilise the existing playfields connected - a kids one called Barnyard which tbh is dull for me but good for a 4 year old, Rocs an asteroids/style where the ball interacts with the screen to destroy asteroids and a multi-ball short mini game based on the Lexy Lightspeed game. As part of the purchase I am also waiting on the Cosmic Cart Racing playfield/game which is still in design and probably won't be shipped until some time in 2018. As far as future maintenance goes I've stripped the main components down to take a look and it's really easy to work on. I can have the screen/flippers/upper playfield out without even needing a screwdriver and can do the whole thing in around 5 minutes if I'm taking my time about it. Playfield swap can be done in around a minute. The main game that comes with the P3 (Lexy Lightspeed) is pretty solid - 6 different selectable modes I think, a bunch of different multiballs and other stuff. I've had a couple of minor issues since it arrived - I'm talking very minor like a loose screw on one of the standups and the odd question around how something should work and the support from the Multimorphic guys is top notch.

There's also just been a writeup on the P3 on Pinball News but it doesn't really go into details about the gameplay etc mainly focuses on the mechanics of the machine, game features etc.

If anyone wants any details of the machine let me know and I can send some videos/photos.

btw - forgot to add that the base software and the game software is all pretty complete and solid. No complaints there..

We don't want pics. We want to come over to your house to play it! Haha. Stupidly only played about 2 or 3 games on it in the US not realising that I'd probably have to wait 2 years to play it again!

Here is the article.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/12/31/p3-in-depth-review/

So how did they get it over here? Air freight?

How does it compare to other machine in your collection that you have? Does it get a bulk of the play?

It definitely gets the bulk of the play, but tbh that's probably because it's new. If I suddenly had a Popeye delivered I'm sure that would get the bulk of the play for a day or two ;)

It's hard to compare against a standard pin because it is different - the whole lighting, playfield etc is a lot different - if you compared it to an Indy or Twilight Zone there's a lot more going on in those pins, ignoring the interactive elements on the LCD you have the bottom 2/3rds without much in the way of physical targets for the current games (although later on there could potentially be other floating targets, pop bumbers etc on the lower half of the playfield also if a game dev is so inclined.

I really enjoy it, it gets the most plays from everyone at the moment, and being able to change the games over so quickly is brilliant. I find I mainly play Lexy and Rocs. Lexy has fairly long ball times but has some depth. Rocs is basically Asteroids with a pinball instead of a ship so the games are pretty short and sweet, and really enjoyable. Modularity and maintenance of the machine seems really easy. Potential to have more games for a lot less is great too.

I'm also in a different place to others I guess as I don't want to sell any of my current lineup and I have no more space in my room for any more pins, the P3 makes that a good option - I can fit two P3 Playfields (boxed) under the P3 and I have 8 other machines. So that's 19 P3 Playfields I can buy without having to resort to additional storage anywhere ;)

I freighted by sea as it was going to cost me a fair bit more to air freight - I would have preferred air so I could get it sooner. It took around 6 weeks to arrive but no damage during travel.

Come to pincade and meet one of the guys that worked on it..

Yes, definitely there will be a Multimorphic P3 to play during Pincade. The owner worked on the software and is keen to show it off. I'll be hosting on Saturday night during Pincade and it will definitely be here. It may very well be seen at other venues during Pincade.

Dying to play one of these, really keen to see if Ill like it as my origins are from arcades.

Feel free to post any photos and videos you like @mjfisher1974, happy to live vicariously through you.

Congrats on getting one here and probably the first!

Not looking to play a Dialed In are you? ;)

Hi Mjfisher,

Thanks very much for posting. I'm a big fan of the P3 although I don't have one yet. Like others have said, I would definitely be interested if you ever decide to have a few people over to play. I think 2018 is going to be a huge year for the P3 (last year was pretty big as well).

A small group of us went to play the P3 at his house. Such a new concept that there were so many questions asked!

One thing that I discovered was that there was a glass or perspex sheet above the LCD screen. I thought it was a touch screen so that it could track the movement of the ball. Nope, it has some sort of complex laser array along the sides which determines the ball's position! Also the ball trough is near the top of the playfield. It's one very heavy game to lift. It's up there with the heaviest of them all.

We all enjoyed playing Lexi Lightspeed but then he was able to change the game to ROCs is a few minutes. ROCs is like a pinball version of Asteroids. More to discover!

• 2 months later...

Some notes from Gerry about the video above:

The Multimorphic team is proud to present Cosmic Cart Racing on the P3. CCR is a game the merges a fast-paced, flowing upper playfield layout and unique physical features with popular cart racing concepts, like race-based gaming (rather than 3-ball play) and powerups. The CCR upper playfield includes nearly 800 individually controllable RGB LED elements to deliver incredible lightshows and more information and feedback than ever before, and cool physical features like four magnetic ball lock / accelerators create unique ball action and game flow.

The video below gives a short glimpse of the game, and people are enjoying the game this weekend at the Texas Pinball Festival.

» YouTube video

People purchasing a new P3 at the show or placing a deposit for future delivery of a P3 are getting a $500 credit towards the purchase of Cosmic Cart Racing (expected to start shipping in just a few months from now), and we're extending this offer worldwide. Anybody who pays a non-refundable $1000 deposit for a P3 on our website this weekend will be given the same credit. Please use the following link to reserve your P3 and take advantage of this offer.

https://www.multimorphic.com/store/p3-pinball-machine/p3-pinball-machine-deposit/

- Gerry Stellenberg

https://www.multimorphic.com

- - - Updated - - -

A few notes from the Multimorphic TPF seminar for those who missed it:

About Cosmic Cart Racing:

- Layout is designed for flow with loops, ramps, etc.

- The game is race-based, not ball-based. You don't have a limited number of balls but if you drain you slow down.

- There are magnets on the ramp which can stop balls, reverse the direction, lock balls, ramp assist (propel the ball like the supercharger in Getaway), etc.

- There are magnets in the orbits which can stop, catch or lock balls.

- Targets on the side of the playfield award power-ups.

- Can play individually (against the computer), multiplayer (race heats against up to 4 players), networked multiplayer (race against real players on other P3 machines at the same time over the internet)

- Layout is done, code is about 50% done, ships in a few months.

About the P3:

- They are half way done with production run 2.

- They are shipping games each week.

- Games ordered now will be ready in the summer.

- They plan to eventually offer another screen in the backbox which will be available to show different content.

- 3rd party developers are working on games.

- If you buy this weekend you get $500 credit for Cosmic Cart Racing with the platform

By the way, it seems Spooky have moved over to the Multimorphic P3-Roc boardset for their new game Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle (and TNA), which is obviously good for Multimorphic and the continuing development of the P3 platform. American pinball is also using Multimorphic boards for Houdini.

• 1 month later...