Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Williams Pinball Classics Join Pinball FX3 - Medieval Madness, Fish Tales, Getaway, J

ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma

Question

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Arcooda already knew they lost the rights a while back.

FX has always had a rep as more of a video game than an accurate pinball sim, seems like they are trying to become more legit.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

As far a cabinet support I mean. Backbox, DMD coils firing etc. I played a earlier version of Arcooda at Pinfest 2016 with Zen game and it was quite fun. At 4K it will be even better. I’ll find out at Pinfest I guess.

As far a cabinet support I mean. Backbox, DMD coils firing etc. I played a earlier version of Arcooda at Pinfest 2016 with Zen game and it was quite fun. At 4K it will be even better. I’ll find out at Pinfest I guess.

Please come to the seminar at Pinfest this year - we will explain the behind the scenes work, and future direction of licensed video pinball. Please note that the Arcooda pinball can play all games currently being advertised on Steam as standard, and if the software has been modified to suit our new IO boards, it will support the added features including 3D, etc.

Gotta say that I have been playing FX3 tables lately and IF YOU ACCEPT THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE - arcade pinball games, NOT trying to be a real life pinball machine - they are fun, and in some cases VERY VERY clever with some crazy features - the THOR tables flips upside down during play for example !! The graphics and the audio quality is superb. The physics are not, but if they get a new engine, shorten them flippers and remove the endless ball saves then this can only get better

Not sure if I would buy the Williams replicas from them as I already have them on the 3 other platforms and between all those you can normally find at least a half decent playing version already......if ya just want a bit of a bash.

Digital pinball, especially via VPX has come a LOOOOOOOOOOONG way and continues to improve and is an incredibly cheap way to check out many many games

I cant pick the difference other than one looks cleaner than the other. Maybe it's time for a VP sim.
pin sims have come miles. They look great but more importantly they play a lot more true to real life.

For me VP is still a much better app in a full sim cab due to the ability to tweak table behavior. So if you have memories of a certain machine from your youth, how it played, one weak flipper, or some dodgy bulbs, you can recreate the feel perfectly. Tactile feedback etc and real DMD.

I like the direction TPA and FX is going now though. Finally starting to look at supporting the fact there is a large community of pincab builders and players with their own homebrew machines.

I've got major stutter on all the williams Pinball FX3 tables on my cab. :( Fish Tales is unplayable - other 3 barely ok if video settings turned right down. Weird cos I can run the other non williams tables fine even at 4xMSAA. I have a GTX 750, so not sure if the new tables now require a gruntier rig?

Maybe time for me to upgrade. Any of you guys running a GTX 1060 3GB card? Know if that will be ok for all VPX and Pinball FX3?

I've got major stutter on all the williams Pinball FX3 tables on my cab. :( Fish Tales is unplayable - other 3 barely ok if video settings turned right down. Weird cos I can run the other non williams tables fine even at 4xMSAA. I have a GTX 750, so not sure if the new tables now require a gruntier rig?

Maybe time for me to upgrade. Any of you guys running a GTX 1060 3GB card? Know if that will be ok for all VPX and Pinball FX3?

I'm going to load fx3 later tonight. I have a 4GB 970GTX which is fine for vp10 at 1080p and max graphics settings. I'll report back. @Wob has played them all ok i think what gpu do you have wob ?

I have a 4Gb 1050Ti in an old i5 (3440?) I just left the video setting as it decided they should be 1920x1080 with 4xAA on and it plays fine, I have the Williams tables and played the free Sorcerer's ones and they all played fine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Edited by Wob

Same as above........GTX1050, I7, Win 10 - all FX tables play stutter free.

- - - Updated - - -

Observations.

I just played FT FX3 and then went straight out and played a game of FT on VPX.

I play on desktop- not in a dedicated cab

Graphically Williams FT on FX3 is just miles ahead of any other program for clarity, depth of colour etc.

FX3 FT plays a hell of a lot quicker than VPX. You wouldnt notice it unless you jump from one program to the next immediately though.

FX3 FT in Classic mode ( the version that loads with yellow flippers ) - the flipper rubbers are just stupidly WAY too bouncy, which considering the talent and time that ZEN have invested and the fact they are actually 'pinball guys' is rather surprising and a let down IMO

FX3 FT in FX3 mode ( Single Player ) - ( the version that loads with white flippers ) - plays noticeably better with much better flipper rubbers. I understand people dont like the extra graphics ( fisherman casting and sling plastics rippling etc ) but they aint much and this version IMO plays best and pretty damn good.

Like ALL sims though - there is still a little 'something' that just hasnt been perfected. But these seem fairly good so far

I'm still trying to download it successfully :( seems like 4G internet is adversely affected by the almost non-stop rain of the last few days.

Can't complain though, NSW getting rain is good in anyone's language..

Update, finally got it downloaded and installed.

Set everything to max ie 8x MSAA and 1080p and Fish Tales (the free table) runs flawlessly in desktop mode but then again it should on a 970GTX.

I've requested the unlock code for cabinet mode, i'll do some fullscreen testing when they send it to me.

FT looks amazing though, and plays and feels really good. Graphics are light years ahead of VPX in terms of the environment mapping and shading.

Given there is Force feedback of sorts happening with the gampad vibration motors, maybe something could be done to use this in a cabinet somehow..

@Wotto interesting find, my understanding is that classic mode comes with classic physics, so should feel more "real" I'll have to try non classic, I just skipped straight to classic. Maybe they are simulating super rubbers on the flippers?

@Jed apparently you can get SSF with a pup pack and doflink, yet to try it though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like I'm going to have to upgrade my GFX card then! I'll probably get a GTX 1060 3GB as that is all my budget allows for. Hopefully that is enough to run everything including the new VPX tables which I still am yet to dive into.