Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Newcastle pinball tournament March 13th confirmed

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this at Supa Putt or your place @Dedrok ? Works due to get even more hectic than normal next week so not sure if I'll be able to make it at all but might try and pop in and say hi . No comp for me as , like I said , I might not even be able to get there .

Is this at Supa Putt or your place @Dedrok ? Works due to get even more hectic than normal next week so not sure if I'll be able to make it at all but might try and pop in and say hi . No comp for me as , like I said , I might not even be able to get there .

My place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all so format will be Group Match Play Critical Hit. I will explain it in more details but basically everyone will start out with some Critical Hit cards and then we will be grouped into groups of 3-4 and play matches. The cards offer "powers" that can be used before, during and after each round. We may offer bounties each round too for people to earn more cards, especially if there's a big variance in skills :) Here's the cards:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125016[/ATTACH]

Sorry for being a bit off track but who made these? They are awesome! and remind me a lot of one of my other decades long passions - Magic The Gathering.

Newcastle pinball tournament March 13th confirmed

Ok.

Pm’s sent out.

Will check that I haven’t missed anyone.

Edy (Dedrok)

Gene (genex)

Zoe

Tez (Swedish Taxi)

Dave (Divmon)

Pat (Nich2pat)

Fair Dinkum Dan

collin_m

Vrxpandy

Macca101010

Kayakingoz

Gomeroz

Wildcard

MrMaloo

Brett2280 and noms

JustAnotherRat

MrBungle

Edited by Dedrok

Sorry for being a bit off track but who made these? They are awesome! and remind me a lot of one of my other decades long passions - Magic The Gathering.

Karl Deangelo @Martymainframe took some down for Karl to resell here so you don't have to pay $30 shipping

Marty, you should list them up in the for sale section!

Also, I have two decks of the Critical Hit. I can leave them in Australia if someone would like them and just buy another couple decks back home since the shipping is kinda crazy. Dibs for folks who are coming to the tournament :)

Spent the last few days changing settings on all the pins.

Tweaking little things that needed to be done.

Xtra balls off

Special pays points

That’s it, they’re ready to go.

See you all tomorrow night.

e8548dbe392512ca2e7be4b485fda759.jpg

dc9ec24e7520d9da57332dcf22e01bbb.jpg

51eec15acb415fcb3e91576d43b94adf.jpg

6cc2d161214ac9cd0ed4bf22a62b2180.jpg

eda28a57ed9d74d54da3718d22efe9f0.jpg

0e54bf89356c61c1ca408e8da94d46c3.jpg

deec87510adeb7ba11a76cbb9e43022a.jpg

c0b02b72cfe0672660caa72124aeeadd.jpg

dd9c69207221c1ebf402dc848df2f8a2.jpg

b95b5bae7ae405954a3fbec1fd7547ee.jpg

7b08edf299aa55f1fff7f4f5ef2e66bc.jpg

ee2b6177a56524bbe9fb005882f31ec9.jpg

a97d74a1dc7d0692213d5c4f855be07b.jpg

Thank to everyone that made it along.

Thanks genex for a smooth running comp and welcome to the new comers.

Great to see the machines getting a workout.

4c77fe71d22e7b610fe9041ee130d4fb.jpg

e6ec3561f832668a7134068ff21dda9a.jpg

What a fun tournament! Thanks @Dedrok and @genex

There were a few people there who had never played in a tournament before, but I think it was probably one of the best formats for a newbie. After we got our cards and played the first round, it wasn't long until people started using the cards and causing havoc.

Great example was our groups game on Spiderman. All 4 players play the first ball with scores at 10mil, 120mil, 3mil and 2mil. FORTUNE Card gets played to switch scores with the highest score. Player blocks that attempt with a SHATTER card. Then another player uses the BOMBA card to restart entire game. After starting the next game, after 2 balls the scores are similar to the first round but then a player uses the MEGA FORTUNE card to steal the points from highest scoring player.

Some of the other cards played were covering up the displays, changing players from one group to another and forcing a player to use a random card. Having rounds where extra cards could be awarded was a bonus, so that people could win more cards if they had used them all up.

The friend I brought along had never played in a pinball comp before but still managed a top 10 finish (out of 16 :) and said he had a great time. Would come along to some more comps (if there were any more in Newy) I guess it was more of a social meet rather than a serious comp, and each player got to play the same amount of games. Wasn't a harsh comp for beginners like a knockout tournament.

Would be good to have some more events like that happening. I know Tez has the cards now so if anyone wants to try out this format let him know.

In case anyone wanted to know the final standings (and doesn't have a MatchPlay account)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]125537[/ATTACH]

I felt bad for Pat with the Spiderman game.... In one game all 4 players played a card and other than his attempt to save himself, they were all against him... Unfortunately Pat never beat his own score from his first two balls of the restarted game that was stolen from him with the last ball he was given from Darryl's game. Pat did manage a second place though.

Brett wasn't able to put himself back in the lead after a good first ball on CSI was stolen by William.

These two games with cards being played were a big part of William finishing 2nd place, Pat not finishing in second and Brett not being higher than 4 on the leader board.