Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Munsters by Stern

extendo

Pro’s due end of this month so hoping Zax’s in Victoria get one shortly after so I can test drive :) Never purchased off Zax’s from people that have all good?

As with any company mate there are good and bad things said about it. Personally, and my opinion only.............AMD has much better customer service. If you are going to get a new machine shipped to your house, just go with AMD as their shipping prices are very reasonable and will most likely be similar to Zax, if not cheaper.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keen as to play this on location as I LOVE the theme but this shallow Dwight code situation makes it a big no no for the home imo.

Experienced players at home may loose interest quickly with this one.

I sold GOT pro after having it for 3 weeks as it bored the shit out of me and I see this game as not far different.

Come on Stern and Dwight this great theme needs better code, maybe let Lyman help out yeah !!??

So the wait for Elvira 3 begins …….. :D

The Munsters by Stern

Keen as to play this on location as I LOVE the theme but this shallow Dwight code situation makes it a big no no for the home imo.

Experienced players at home may loose interest quickly with this one.

I sold GOT pro after having it for 3 weeks as it bored the shit out of me and I see this game as not far different.

Come on Stern and Dwight this great theme needs better code, maybe let Lyman help out yeah !!??

So the wait for Elvira 3 begins …….. :D

It’s a worry that there’s only one guy on code that anyone really trusts. The others can do great things, but Lyman is consistently proving his skill and dedication to finishing the game.

Not that Stern really cares at the moment - they’ll sell heaps no matter what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addams family is mega basic and still one of the most sought after machines...

Judge for yourself, don't be sheep.

Can't wait for Munsters and Beatles.

Exactly. We all have different options and pinball is subjective. Play it more than just a couple of games, then decide.

I'd be interested in what the comp players think.

There’s nothing wrong with basic in fact I prefer basic i think that’s why I like EMs and solid state machines so much, all these complicated rules monster drain lanes and short ball times give me the absolute shits.

people that can't afford it will bag it no matter what, i think tron was a ordinary game but today a lot love it, i remember when Oscar couldn't sell his LE for 8k still new

when spider-man came out not many people liked it today people love it

each to their own

As with any company mate there are good and bad things said about it. Personally, and my opinion only.............AMD has much better customer service. If you are going to get a new machine shipped to your house, just go with AMD as their shipping prices are very reasonable and will most likely be similar to Zax, if not cheaper.

I’ve purchased 3 machines from Zax’s and have nothing but good things to say about them . Phil is great and Skott’s after sales service is exemplary. I love to deal with someone local . Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

I’ve purchased 3 machines from Zax’s and have nothing but good things to say about them . Phil is great and Skott’s after sales service is exemplary. I love to deal with someone local . Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Does he unbox them and go thru them to make sure everything is working as it should?

people that can't afford it will bag it no matter what

Not sure people are 'bagging it' - more 'concerned' and buyers have higher expectations these days.

I can afford it but want value for a hard earned 11.5k and think we as buyers deserve that at the very least.

I am actually kinda OK with the ( apparent ) shallow code ( kind of ) - HOWEVER , when you combine that code with the cheaped out 'bar targets' and objectives like ONE shot to a ramp to collect ( say ) Marilyn - then I start to wonder if I should hold my hard earned .......Im actually really annoyed that I may not end up buying a game that when I first saw it, wanted immediately.

I am actually kinda OK with the ( apparent ) shallow code ( kind of ) - HOWEVER , when you combine that code with the cheaped out 'bar targets' and objectives like ONE shot to a ramp to collect ( say ) Marilyn - then I start to wonder if I should hold my hard earned .......Im actually really annoyed that I may not end up buying a game that when I first saw it, wanted immediately.

early days on the code i guess, stern is well known for sell now code later. we all have higher expectations for the buck

some people will always have a one dimensional view on any new machine without giving it a chance i take any review with grain of salt as i'd like to be the judge

and not make a decisions on others opinions

The Munsters by Stern

I still can’t wait to play it but in a recent interview it sounded like Dwight was told to Dumb down the code ! I suppose codes an easy fix so if buyers demand abit more depth I’m sure he’ll look at it. It’s only early to so it’ll be interesting to see how the game pans out, bloody awesome theme though :)

It’s just code. Why not multiple versions or even ... wait for it ... using the existing easy, medium, hard settings.

Surely not that hard to have the game allow that selection when the player starts. Seperate high score tables for each.

Never going to be able to please everyone with a single rule set.

The Munsters by Stern

early days on the code i guess, stern is well known for sell now code later. we all have higher expectations for the buck

I still can’t wait to play it but in a recent interview it sounded like Dwight was told to Dumb down the code !

Exactly what I was thinking @gorgar1 . This one sounds already baked. A lot of the comments coming out of Stern possibly points to a new era of more simple but finished games on release. Clearly the new LCD and also increased cadence of new titles has put a huge load on coding staff. They’ve hired new people, but the best way to handle this increased workload is to simplify the games.

I’m not against some more simple games, but I don’t want every game like that. And I usually buy new Sterns for more depth - I can get plenty of simple games buying older 90’s games.

And it’s not enough to be just more simple or have less depth. The more simple it is the more clever it needs to be and the more interesting the layout needs to be. You can’t just take a “shoot the flashing lights” game and reduce the amount of flashing light shots needed. That’s not clever or fun, it’s just basic. There’s not too many coders or designers that can make a simple game fun.

Edited by Cooked71

It’s just code. Why not multiple versions or even ... wait for it ... using the existing easy, medium, hard settings.

Surely not that hard to have the game allow that selection when the player starts.

I cant understand why mode shots could not be COMPLETELY customisable by user these days - if I want to have Munsters Marilyn ramp to take 12 shots then I dial in 12, if I want it to have 156 shots then I dial that in........rinse repeat for all areas that have shot counts, spinner turns etc etc .......

Dwight's star wars code makes that pf feel loaded... he did a good job there. If that game had a very simple code it would be dogshit imo. I just dont see much going on with this pf.... am I missing something or maybe I'm being a cynical prick lol. It may be a cracker to play with a more basic code... who knows have to wait and see. IM has a basic layout and code... I could play that all day.

I may crack a box on this yet.

It’s a worry that there’s only one guy on code that anyone really trusts. The others can do great things, but Lyman is consistently proving his skill and dedication to finishing the game.

Not that Stern really cares at the moment - they’ll sell heaps no matter what.

Very true!

The one man only is because he was a PAPA champion 4 times and being a player himself, he knows what to do about code.

Dwight is just an average joe player. This to me is why he will never really get the idea of real code and what it can do. :(

(Tho I hope I'm wrong and he changes this code a sit stands)

As for Stern really don't care.

They listen some time's and have changed the cabinet art on an LE once (Forgot which Pinball machine it was tho) After all the complaints were thrown around.

I just hope with a lot of the negative regarding shallow code that they will consider a change! ( Fingers crossed )

I did end up emailing Dwight regarding code, tho still no reply. :(

Zach at Stern did say that he forwarded the email to him.

Maybe more need to send emails? and we just might see a change!

Anyway, I'm still in on the LE, But are tbh worried where this might be headed. (A bit like Kizz was again)

According to the H2H interview with Dwight, this game is intended to be more straightforward in coding... comparisons with T2, in Contrast to SW code depth. SW and Munsters are at opposite ends of code complexity spectrum deliberately. Apparently...

Most recent H2H has Sullivan interview...

- - - Updated - - -

And when they sell out another 100. Ridiculous. Just run another edition like acdc and keep everyone happy.

The writing is on the wall.... 2020 - Munsters Premium VE in Colour & Munsters B&W LE (250of)

Yes Pete, have had experiences with both these guys. Positive and negative. Glad to hear you have had positive dealings. Me and several others, not so. Can explain in more detail if at all interested but privately of course.

AMD though, straight onto any issue and posted any requested item the same day.

Yes understand re local and convenient, but if I ever buy a new Stern, it'll be AMD for sure. Would happily pay the freight as opposed to picking up from Zax free.

Cheers.

Link didn't work for me. Is this the post you're linking to?

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157124747794244&id=136972659243

Ok might be the app turning & into &

Hmmmm it corrupted that too.