Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXXXVII - Game 1 ~ Food Fight (closes 30-Sep)

Master Chef …

MGLXXXVII – Game 1 ~ Food Fight

te6GgFN.png

Nominated by gamer: Ivanstorm1973

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: Foodf (rev 3)

Game Story:

As Charley Chuck, you hurl piles of food at your foes, the four crazy chefs, but make sure you eat the ice-cream cone before it melts.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 30 September 2018, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. These are the default settings of the game. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed. YOU MUST START ON LEVEL 1. You can access the game settings by turning the service mode to ON, then press the player 1 fire button, then press the F2 key and select “options”.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 1 … Eat the ice-cream …

Never played before in the 12 year history of the MGL …

BpY3ZrA.jpg

:)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using a later version of wolfmame than 106. To check the options hit F2 key and then go to options, in wolfmame 0200(which is the version I'm currently using) these are already set on default. Just in case someone was wondering how to find the settings. :)

Nominated this one a few MGL's ago, didn't get picked. I don't have a ton of experience with this game, but was playing a bit at the time and thought it was a pretty fun game, although controls can be a bit tough in MAME. EDIT: Actually, I was thinking of nominating it, but didn't because thought it may fall under special controls category.

- - - Updated - - -

0000.png.5c1dcd6a29a764fadcfcfb9b84421232.png

Edited by creech77

I had never played this one until I visited Funspot in March. Needless to say it was a huge amount of fun.

The original uses a 49-way analog joystick, hopefully this goes alright with keyboard/8-way

Williams Sinistar, and perhaps even Bubbles, used a 49 way optical joystick that senses direction as well as the speed of motion of the joystick in that direction. Sinistar was Game 10 in MGLXXXIV. Hopefully Food Fight is not as hard as Sinistar ...

:guru:

- - - Updated - - -

How about some hints for us dumb arses about how to set the controls up. ADstick x, y , blah blah ? = no fun so far

Peace out

Here you go ... and for everyone else who uses a joystick:

AD Stick X Dec = Left

AD Stick X Inc = Right

AD Stick Y Dec = Up

AD Stick Y Inc = Down

Of course you need to map your throwing button.

Now make an absolute mess, it's Food Fight!

Can someone please explain why I keep getting this message when trying to run the foodf Rom in wolf106?

1664030156_FoodFightErrorMessage.thumb.jpg.958916a08e046623561723efdc0b5372.jpg

I do not have any file/folder named NVRAM in my wolfmame106 folder. Haven't in years. I hope this game doesn't need it to run.

I can see this game being a major pain in the arse due to the controls.

I get the NVRAM failure screen which goes away when I press fire. I have to go into test and calibrate my joystick before I start my first game otherwise the movements are screwed up. I can get the game playing fine but then can't enter my initials due to only being able to shoot in 8 directions. Entering RJM is impossible except for the J.

I'll submit this score but fully expect OOO to DQ it due to incorrect initials. QJJ is me. Can't hit the R or M

foodf.png.588574182aa3389f7c87bfec6eb911af.png

Can someone please explain why I keep getting this message when trying to run the foodf Rom in wolf106?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]135570[/ATTACH]

I do not have any file/folder named NVRAM in my wolfmame106 folder. Haven't in years. I hope this game doesn't need it to run.

As per the rules for this game, and as per Robert's hint, in 106 you can access the game settings by turning the service mode to ON, then press the player 1 fire button, then press the F2 key and select “options”. You don't need any special folders for this game.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll submit this score but fully expect OOO to DQ it due to incorrect initials. QJJ is me. Can't hit the R or M

No this score won't be DQed in this case or any others for this game. Getting the joystick to get the correct initials is very difficult on this game. We'll just have to trust you all ... :110:

As a walkthrough for wolf 106 players (and possibly later MAME versions) on Food Fight.

If the NVRAM failed screen appears press fire and the game will appear.

You will then have to enter test mode (either via tab and turning service mode on or F2. F2 is a lot easier) select tests and press fire, then select joystick calibration and press fire. It will ask you to hold your controller in each direction for 5 seconds. I find that 2 or 3 seconds of up, down, left and right should be enough. Press the 1 player start twice then either F2 or switch service mode off to exit service mode. The game should play fine until you exit MAME.

Hope this helps

Pessimeister: 79, 500

0001.png.d6aa2e85a1f0f2e6668c633885864549.png

I had some minor difficulty getting the game going properly but think it's working well now. I can't enter my initials either but managed to get a screenshot at the "gave over" screen. Hope that's all cool.

What a wacky little game. I almost lost it when I first saw the chefs collectively celebrating my death by banana barrage. :) The Benny Hill instant replay music was also quite amusing. Not sure how far I'll take this game, but I can tell the little bursts of it are going to be great fun.

A bit better but ruined by a brain fart at the end. Ran for a watermelon instead of the cone and wondered why the level didn't end. Realized my mistake as 3 chefs pounced at once. :shrug:

Didn't bother trying to enter initials. It defaults to GCC if you don't enter anything

foodf.png.3bc9ad99e63e05da38076c24e8615bbb.png