Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Head to Head Battle Pinny

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
What if you fabricated a bezel for the camera lense with some artwork around it. Crop the camera. Use the screen??? Just a crazy little thought. May have focus issues though.

I have already altered the size of the cut out on the cover plate, and the test panel looks ok. But still thinking about some spiffy artwork to go on the panel though to jazz it up a bit. Or do I need to Heavy Metal it up a bit !

This is a test of the 7 Segment display showing the attract mode message. "Battle pinny is fun" Now you can only do so much with a 7 segment display. I suppose I could have spelt Boobless :lol

Sorry for the quality of the video, but the iPhone had trouble with the brightness of the display.

Edited by thegrunta666

This is the battle pinny 7 segment score display showing the transition for zero score to 5. I did not just want the score to swap number to number, that's just plain boring :sleep So i put in a little transition between number changes. yet again , sorry about the quality, the iPhone cannot handle the brightness of the purdy blue display.

How to test a speaker with ping pong balls !

Im testing the db of different speakers for the battle pinny. Im using the same audio file and levels to measure the db with a sound meter...Bah, wheres the fun in that ! The ping pong ball test is way more fun ! Come to think of it, i did see a simliar thing in Bangkok with ping pong balls, but it wasnt a speaker they where flying out of :lol

[video=youtube_share;JS-FIM5gpHA]

From CAD to Cabinet. I picked up the Battle Pinny Cabinet today. This was made as per my design by my friend who owns Vision Joinery Victoria ( I said I would give him a plug and the boys a couple of slabs o beer as a thank you for their efforts). Its great to finally be getting REAL parts to assemble from the world of CAD.

The slots you see on the inside of the cabinet are for a special lighting effect the game shall have....:cool:

Cabinet.thumb.jpeg.4f2810dd45ce246385e11a07bdc07dd8.jpeg

Woo Hoo ! The metal work is arriving ! The picture shows the ball lane guides to go on the pinny. These will have an opaque plastic behind them to diffuse the LED strips that will go behind them. This should light up the ball guides nicely, I wanted to have something more spiffy than just plain stainless steel guides. The other big panel is showing you the top of the display panel that will go on each end of the machine. The 8 X 8 Dot Matrix displays will go on these and then a cover plate fixes to it. I have shown this without the displays fitted to show the wonderful work a "laser Beam " can do ( you have to say "Laser Beam " in the voice of Dr Evil ! ) So more pieces of the puzzle coming out of the AutoCAD world and into the real one ! :041:

IMG_4980.thumb.jpg.4325a19d7a5417b383fcb68bf5113a57.jpg

I have fitted the lighting effect channels to the top of the cabinet, and the pinball glass guides fit onto these. The pictures show the light channel, and then the light channel with the diffuser fitted. These shall have LED RGB strip lighting fitted when finished for game effects and attract mode lighting. The cabling to the LEDs will run down the routed channels, these are going to be covered in a black laminate to hide everything.

1269380552_DiffuserFitted.thumb.JPG.1b9b1a289b1b386a48eb8fe9d837c6f5.JPG1639412263_LightChannel.thumb.JPG.db03104abccfca1a9e71b65a987fbd29.JPG

The Legs are ON ! The battle pinny cabinet is assembled and the legs are on. Its going off now to my metal work friends to bend up some nice custom side rails for it. Its a bit tricky, as the small edge on the side rails ( The bit that slopes down towards the playfield glass ) is hard to bend as its not much meat for the bender to work with.

Next to do, is starting the cabinet and playfield art, and the final CNC cut of the final playfield design.....Best thing is, is that its all fitting together perfectly ! I do happy dance :)

IMG_5026.thumb.jpg.1cff7c10e7ff716b879bd6ed0cf4acab.jpgIMG_5025.thumb.jpg.19882067440efb72796fbe4aa508c771.jpgIMG_5023.thumb.jpg.fe14cb5c8b1f9c12061f49391fa24e53.jpgIMG_5022.thumb.jpg.d1c7298d6ce83c5e82b17def60f24ddb.jpg

Ohhh Pretty ball lane guides ! I did a test of the LED strip lighting to be used on the ball lane guides I have made. Im happy with how it looks, but now need to find a nice thin opaque lens plastic to go behind the guide to disperse the light correctly. I tried the milk container plastic, but you could still see a fine point of light off the LED, not a dispersed light. I also have attached a picture of one of my score driver boards plus a blank home made PCB that will run the rollover lamps and features. Also started the ball rolling on the pinny graphics today, exciting stuff :D

IMG_5061.thumb.JPG.04074b3294de26a99501c7b90f34e91e.JPGIMG_5060.thumb.JPG.b70bb29a411bedb3dee49688be254631.JPGIMG_5059.thumb.JPG.72f0aa3a4850db754e6f6b65573b3652.JPGIMG_5057.thumb.jpg.2925853df95b065a6a0f6384e9865b7a.jpg