Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLI - Game 9 ~ Space Fury (closes 10-Nov)

Does anyone dare challenge the imperial fleet? …

MGLXLI – Game 9 ~ Space Fury

Nominated by gamer: BandontheRun

ROM Set 106: spacfury (revision C)

MEB6ZJq.png

Game Story:

During each round, you must destroy all alien ships and everytime you successfully complete this task, there is an intermission where the one-eyed alien creature will taunt you and vow to strike back.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 10 November 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

*** Make sure you install the sound and speech pack to experience the real thing ***

GAME 9 … Stop the alien chatter …

Never played before in the 13 year history of the MGL.

23lZhtr.png

:026:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I never played this game and found it quite challenging, but all the roms I got from revision c don't have the sound of the shot.

Is something missing? If you can help, I will be grateful.

I am currently using wolfmame209, will I need a specific version?

About the difficulty, for me only appear easy, medium, hard and hardest.

I never played this game and found it quite challenging, but all the roms I got from revision c don't have the sound of the shot.

Is something missing? If you can help, I will be grateful.

I am currently using wolfmame209, will I need a specific version?

About the difficulty, for me only appear easy, medium, hard and hardest.

Hi, the difficulty setting for newer wolfmames would be Medium. As far as the sound, go here http://samples.mameworld.info/ and on the left go to current samples, and then download the space fury sample. Put that zip in your samples folder in wolfmame, sound should work then.

• Super Moderator

If I recall correctly Atomic FE used to use the "A creature for my amusement" line when it started up, anywho

Mashed the crap out the 4 stage and still didnt finish it

spac0004.png.4b6ca86f6c867051987ed88a032f6ebb.png

Hi, the difficulty setting for newer wolfmames would be Medium. As far as the sound, go here http://samples.mameworld.info/ and on the left go to current samples, and then download the space fury sample. Put that zip in your samples folder in wolfmame, sound should work then.

Thank you for your help @creech77 and for clearing up my doubt about the dip switch difficulty. I created the "samples" and now it has sound.

Now I will play and try some score. :D

Plays well with some synthwave in the background for that extra spacy feel.

Good idea. But I turned up this game in the video below, to max sound setting, for the real battle effects.

Super pew pew.

:020: