Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

High Scores - The Flintstones

A new personal best for me today - Please update my score Mr. Toads to 1,072, 043,210 :)

We should set up a live stream camera to catch our antics. Each game usually brings enough skillful maneuvers, tantrums, injustices and name calling to draw viewers in :lol

Don't worry about about the above score @toads - Here's another one for you to update and have me leap frog over Daz once again :cool:

http://www.enteryourinitials.com/images/scores/flintstones_1738311000.jpg

Factory settings, 3 ball - 1,738,311,000

tuesdays score:D

Tuesday seems like so long ago now :lol

Don't worry about about the above score @toads - Here's another one for you to update and have me leap frog over Daz once again :cool:

http://www.enteryourinitials.com/images/scores/flintstones_1738311000.jpg

Factory settings, 3 ball - 1,738,311,000

Tuesday seems like so long ago now :lol

Updated:)

• 1 month later...

The daily lunchtime @Dirty daz vs. Jesder Flintstones challenge has produced some awesome (...and plenty of forgettable) games over the last few months. The most memorable for me being one from last week, where after the first 2 balls, we were barely past the 100 million mark. Some might have assumed we were competing for lowest score wins. Only for Daz to hammer out a 1 billion final ball, which in most of our games would be an assured win. Standing off to the side, smiling at a certain victory, he was left sobbing shortly after by my own billion point final ball to edge past him by only a few million for the victory. Win or lose - those games are the best and have us coming back for more again and again.

Today's match was almost as dramatic, despite the score line suggesting otherwise. This Flintstones machine can be quite punishing - if it doesn't like you on any given day (or on any given ball), you'll know about it. Daz started strong with accurate shots, but the game had other ideas and sent him away with a lighting fast ball drain and only 60 million to his score. I started a bit on edge, with an early tilt warning as I struggled to avoid a cheap loss. Soon though I had hit a groove and had multi ball going, but mucked around big time trying to hit a super jackpot - flaunting with death and failing to capitalise. It's frustrating at times - especially as we've both been through periods where we have the jackpot and super jackpot shots dialed in. Finally though, some luck when I hit one of the balls into another, which sent it up to the super jackpot switch. Cheap, but i'll take it. That was exactly what I needed though as my accuracy suddenly switched in to overdrive. Another jackpot followed, paired with another super jackpot combo... and again.. and again.. and again. Daz wandered around the machine, calling out score updates while praying for a power outage, machine failure, fire, flood, hurricane, stampede. Anything. Nothing helpful was forthcoming as the game was against him today. The old highscore was 1.7billion. Neither of us had made it to two billion in the months we've been playing. But there I was on my first ball and past 2 billion. My first ball run ended at 2.5 billion. Today it would seem, the machine liked me.

Being in what should be a certain winning position, I stepped away to breathe. One thing I've learnt playing against Daz over the last few months, is never write him off. Ever. I've watched match winning scores of mine get cut down by him on multiple occasions. The machine still had no love for Daz on the second ball and he had to work hard just to earn multi ball. The game was pushing him hard, with several desperate saves. Unable to hit a jackpot, and two balls lost, the game was giving him a slap down. He had to compose and reactivate multiball. I was feeling safer - he was on the ropes. Standing defiant in the face of the game, he slapped the ball up the right orbit to reactivate multiball. Then the game shifted. Jackpot. Super jackpot. Again.. and again.. and again. Time and time again. The machine was unable to hold Daz at bay any longer. The game had lost control and Daz was on fire. I had not seen him play like this before. The come back was on. The 60 million turned in to 500 million, then 900 million, then 1.2 billion followed by 1.5 billion. Unable to tolerate the chaos of multiball any longer, the machine declared it had seen enough and flashed up TILT. Daz fell back in horror at what felt like the cheapest of shots. In consolation, the machine threw up "Stand by player 1", offering him his extra ball that had been earned along the way. But the damage had been done. His spirit and focus shattered, like playfield glass across the floor.

The extra ball and final ball yielded little. My second and final balls also getting little traction and questions were raised if I could make it to 3 billion, or would I fail. With only the bonus pushing me past the 3 billion mark, it was close, but a relief.

The final scores -

Jesder: 3,005,976,410

Daz: 1,577,489,440

In 99.9% of our games, the 1.5 billion score would be enough to comfortably win. The score gap doesn't reflect how close the game was becoming before that dramatic Tilt. In multiball, with all 3 balls going and the jackpot shots dialed in, Daz wasn't just making a come back, but was in position to push ahead and somehow put pressure back on me.

We've been playing Flintstones 5 days a week for the last few months and keep going back to it. It's an awesome game and doesn't get the credit it deserves. The game had been up for sale at one point, passed over by potential buyers. For that I'm glad as we've had months of fun enjoying games on it. Exactly what Pinball is all about.

@toads - Both of those scores are new Personal Best's for both Daz and I. Could you please update the highscore list. (3 ball, factory settings).

After 5 years at the top of the AA Flintstones highscore table, @ROLLERBALL 's reign comes to an end :)

flintstones_3005976410.jpg.e371efad455354ce22c19296da9214bd.jpg

flintstones_dual_pb.jpg.f122c820c610418098bcd32020cd3ab5.jpg

Edited by Jesder

• 3 weeks later...

@Dirty daz turned back the clock earlier in the week, putting in a cracking game - helping him achieve something other than 4th place on the game scoreboard.

His spritely dancing at the helm set up a new personal best with a score of - 2,008,753,750

3 Ball factory settings.

fs_daz.jpg.7a125b9deb912348d070ee383dbe1b22.jpg

Mr. @toads - Please do your thing :)

The - Daily Lunchtime Challenge™ - heads in to the final day of the week with Dirty Daz trailing by 1 game. A drama filled final day last week saw Daz concede the final day with excuses about customers. What will today bring? :)

@Dirty daz turned back the clock earlier in the week, putting in a cracking game - helping him achieve something other than 4th place on the game scoreboard.

His spritely dancing at the helm set up a new personal best with a score of - 2,008,753,750

3 Ball factory settings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]137750[/ATTACH]

Mr. @toads - Please do your thing :)

The - Daily Lunchtime Challenge™ - heads in to the final day of the week with Dirty Daz trailing by 1 game. A drama filled final day last week saw Daz concede the final day with excuses about customers. What will today bring? :)

Updated:)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...