Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL Personal Challenge Tracker

got this about a week ago. Game over on the 7-4 boss. If i managed to defeat the boss. the game would have been around 1.5mil. Had another game last night just under 1.1 mil again that ended on 7-2 at the tricky cloud jump. shouldnt be long now before i complete 7-4 for the first ending.

Well done getting that far, BITD I could get to the 7-2 (there is no fckin cloud) jump without loss, kept trying for weeks but never once could I get past it :realmad:

even when I did see it done years later & used a cheat to have multiple attempts I could only do it 1 in 30 or so !! stupid cloud.

Well done getting that far, BITD I could get to the 7-2 (there is no fckin cloud) jump without loss, kept trying for weeks but never once could I get past it :realmad:

even when I did see it done years later & used a cheat to have multiple attempts I could only do it 1 in 30 or so !! stupid cloud.

That 7-2 cloud jump was where 99.9% of my games ended BITD as well usually with multiple lives in hand. On the rare occasions I did get past it I always seemed to get to the 7-4 end without a problem.

Not any more.

The last time I got to the dreaded cloud jump was in an MGL a few years ago, cleared it first try then died miserably in either 7-3 or early 7-4. Haven't been close since.

Maybe it's time to move the junk off of the machine (or just fire up MAME) and put in a few hours of practice

Edit: A bit rusty and a lot of mistakes but 903,850 Area 6 Round 3

wboy0000.png.bf994a49d8cccbcf0fa39a19b6ecb0e7.png

Edited by RMacauley

• 1 month later...

New PB on BurgerTime today.

I've been pushing on this over the last couple of weeks and achieved a new PB today.

It was very close, only 2450 points over my previous best. I finished on the same level as my last million point game.

This game gets brutal and the speed of enemies is ridiculously the higher levels. I lost so many men, so quickly, at the end of my game.

I finished with 1,090,550.

1909672287_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1526377705.463091.thumb.jpg.a9e340b09aa350e52d1a1086a73a6d2e.jpg

——————————————

Update - New PB

[ATTACH]129945[/ATTACH]

1931947589_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1526809549.218220.jpg.1995a110e3110d7cd2ec0784d35974a8.jpg

Edited by bigredbird

• 3 months later...

As stated earlier in this thread, my goal for Mr. Do! is 2,000,000.

I have another goal every time I play this game against @churgs and that is to beat him every single time.

Unfortunately that is not the way it is going at the moment. In our last three meet-ups churgs has come out the winner.

I was ready for this to change last night and bask in the spoils of victory and the week long sledging that it allows.

churgs was Player 1 and had an untidy finish and lost his last man with a score of 842,350. I had one man remaining and was on a score of 840,650. Easy right?

Wrong.

I was on a number four level which is difficult enough on it's own. I had churgs almost screaming at me to die and reminding me of the massive pressure I was under to perform. Everything went wrong so quickly, I managed to kill two and then was forced to cower in a corner by the remaining monsters as they ruthlessly closed in and gangbanged me to death with a final score of 841,650.

I didn't hear the death sequence over the primal roar of victory from churgs.

I only needed to collect one more group of cherries or squash one more monster in the whole game and victory could have been mine.

It hurts... I am already dreading the texts and various photos (gold medals, crowns, punching fists) that I am going to receive this week...

...oh well, more practice this week ready for the next time.

25326541_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1535876435.045459.thumb.jpg.1a32574819dc6226f8cc4ec50dd4e714.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

OH YEAH!

NEW PB on Mr. Do!

I am getting closer to my target of 2 million and feel that it was well within reach in this game.

I have recently become aware of a 'glitch' in the scoring and EXTRA system of Mr. Do! when the score rolls over the 1 million mark. There is some score calculation and something that needs to be avoided just before rolling over the million or this glitch will be triggered and no more EXTRA letters will come out every 5000 points.

Even though I am aware of this and know how to avoid it, I triggered it while under pressure and disabled any more letters coming out every 5000 points for the rest of the game. This was potentially very costly as I achieved another 555,000 points after the rollover. That is a potential 111 extra letters that would have entered the game that could have been collected and turned into extra men.

I think it would be better to sacrifice a man just before the million if necessary to avoid this in the future.

I have written about this glitch and added it to my Mr. Do! Strategy and Tips thread here.

1342077023_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1537398097.112165.thumb.jpg.17390e78954e214c1b37db22984c6ee6.jpg

Edited by bigredbird

Keeping the Mr Do theme going for a minute.

Had a few failed attempts at 2 of the MGL games and decided to play something else.

Something else turned out to be Mr Do.

I have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with that evil clown but still keep coming back for more occasionally. Turned off the volume on MAME, fired up the Head2Head podcast and the rest is history.

279,750!!!

My previous best was around 230K on the machine at Funspot a long time ago. Made it to scene 21, scored around 170K on my first life and 4 or 5 extra's. Then the wheels fell off but a PB is a PB and I'll take it. Unfortunately I wasn't recording.

mrdo.png.c2a74fc85e7b17d7b5bfde042c656bfa.png

Keeping the Mr Do theme going for a minute.

Had a few failed attempts at 2 of the MGL games and decided to play something else.

Something else turned out to be Mr Do.

I have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with that evil clown but still keep coming back for more occasionally. Turned off the volume on MAME, fired up the Head2Head podcast and the rest is history.

279,750!!!

My previous best was around 230K on the machine at Funspot a long time ago. Made it to scene 21, scored around 170K on my first life and 4 or 5 extra's. Then the wheels fell off but a PB is a PB and I'll take it. Unfortunately I wasn't recording.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]136284[/ATTACH]

Ouch...

I have to correct myself a bit here. I was looking for something else in one of my old threads about Funspot trips and found that in 2013 I scored 277K on Mr Do and either the next day or day after scored (and I quote) 290K plus change. :redface

How quickly we forget :redface

• 3 weeks later...

I have been grinding away on Donkey Kong over the past week and have been getting frustrated by the continued barrels to the head. I took a break and decided to have a game of Mr. Do!

I managed to reach Scene 124 and finished with 1,622,650. I am really happy with this score, the 2,000,000 mark is getting closer!

I was live streaming on Twitch at the time and the game is available here if you would like to watch.

1771373687_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1539993536.075348.thumb.jpg.8b8dc37cc551e61d3e5eed62beb20e05.jpg

Well, I didn't expect to post this within 24 hours...

I have smashed my Mr. Do! PB from yesterday.

I played a two player game against churgs today and finished on scene 163 and scored 2,052,000.

I am absolutely ecstatic with this score.

501863397_ImageUploadedByAussieArcade1540017118.715196.thumb.jpg.275eefdf31702ef6be57290046a7943c.jpg

Well, I didn't expect to post this within 24 hours...

I have smashed my Mr. Do! PB from yesterday.

I played a two player game against churgs today and finished on scene 163 and scored 2,052,000.

I am absolutely ecstatic with this score.

[ATTACH]137511[/ATTACH]

That's absolutely FANTASTIC. Extremely well played and earned. Such a great game too, now you score 2 million+ points, CONGRATULATIONS!

Keep going! :069:

Churgs is in real trouble now, or he might up his game as well ... :rolleyes

Churgs is in real trouble now, or he might up his game as well ... :rolleyes

churgs is a funny character. He went through mixed emotions during this game yesterday.

As usual, he began in a highly competitive state. I like this as it helps motivate me to beat him down and crush his dreams.

Our game was very close up to the million mark and he remained competitive until he bombed out at 992,550. At this point his demeanour changed and he switched into 'good mate support role' and was very encouraging and helpful to me, quickly pointing out any hazards or opportunities he thought I may miss.

This friendly, helpful attitude continued as I passed my previous PB and as I headed toward 2,000,000 points.

When I hit 2,000,000 he joined me in a moment of celebration and then I felt an obvious shift in his mood. He was back into competitive mode as he feared his PB of 2,261,000 was under threat. His excitement was gone and I could feel him willing the monsters on to pound Mr. Do's friendly face into the dirt or crush him with an incredibly oversized apple.

When my game ended he was quick to return to good mate and celebrate my score with me, however I know what a competitive animal he is and I am sure he will have a new target that he is aiming for so he can continue to hold the high score title between us.

We will see what the future brings...

• 2 weeks later...

I set myself a new target today on a game called Yankee Do!

It is a version of Mr. Do! with some different characters and graphics to the regular Mr. Do!

There are a few differences in gameplay, most notably the speed is greatly increased, as well as some different behaviour from the enemies.

I set myself a target of 1,000,000 and got under way.

The first game I played I scored around 500k and even managed to snag a diamond, although in Yankee Do! it is not a diamond but instead is a coin with a 25 on it. A nice new quarter for a free game!

The second game I had came together nicely and I rolled the first million fairly easily. I set a new target of trying to reach level 100 and reached that also. As I played on I was accumulating extras easily (the extra box operates faster than regular Mr. Do!) and realised that I would be probably be able to marathon this and play forever!

I aimed to get just under 2 million so I could have a nice looking scoreboard so I played until I was 50 points under the 2 million mark and killed off my remaining Yankee Dos.

My Yankee Do! scoreboard now has a nice 999,950 sitting on top. Mission complete.

You can view the game on Twitch here if you're interested.

I set myself a new target today on a game called Yankee Do!

Looks like Linderman got over a million without losing a life on MARP, there's a goal for ya :D

So what is stopping you from being able to marathon the real Mr.Do!?

So what is stopping you from being able to marathon the real Mr.Do!?

Simple answer is running out of Mr. Dos.

I have scored just over 2 million on Mr. Do and it was a battle all the way to keep getting extras to stay in the game. Every level has aggressive enemies right from the start and my strategy is to kill everything as quickly as possible and grab any letters that may be available. Letters are not the priority, survival is.

Yankee Do plays differently in a number of ways. The two that make the most difference are the higher speed you can move at through the dirt to escape enemies or chase letters and the other is the EXTRA letter box itself. In Yankee Do the highlighted letter moves much quicker than in Mr. Do and also stays a long time on the letter you need. This makes it much easier to collect extras and stay in the game.

When I reached the 2 million mark on Yankee Do I had more men lined up than the screen could display and could easily have gained many more. That is not achieved easily on regular Mr. Do.

Edited by bigredbird

Amidar in the MGL has got me back into that game - the current WR is 3 Million odd which I think is a 5+ hour game on MAME for the Konami ROMSet.

Need to investigate this game further to work out if boards repeat - pretty sure at nearly 300k I'm at the hardest part of the game so it would just mean working out the strategy and then rinse and repeat for 5 hours give or take :)

Should have a Stern board next month and with some extra coin it should be able to play all the Stern games such as Amidar, Scramble and Anteater - hopefully the add on board satisfies Twin Galaxies :)

Stern ROMset on Arcade is 3.2 Million from 1982 - that would be cool to take down, a 26 year old record :)

Konami ROMset Arcade is 19 million - that's friggin amazing :o

• 1 month later...

I've been continuing playing Gravitar, and after a lot of practice cleared all three solar systems!

gravitar-104150.png.2be8890d1fb4d1f4794c1c422dbd4307.png

Next goal is to get used to the reverse gravity and clear a few of the easier first levels. The reverse is a lot harder than I would have thought...

• 2 weeks later...
I've been continuing playing Gravitar, and after a lot of practice cleared all three solar systems!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140200[/ATTACH]

Next goal is to get used to the reverse gravity and clear a few of the easier first levels. The reverse is a lot harder than I would have thought...

Impressive mate saw your increase on TG, nice! Hope you stick with it :)

• 1 month later...
Back to a bit of BurgerTime today and managed to snag a new PB!

Finished on the same level as usual, it is so tough.

I am really happy with this score.

[ATTACH]142496[/ATTACH]

(I’ll add a Twitch link later for anyone interested in watching it.)

Excellent work and score. How much further do you think you can take your score? You finished on the same level as before, do you think you will be able to go further in future, and if so, how will you gain those skills and the strategy?